“Midtown Getaway”

Ranked #92 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Eclectic, Alabama
“Midtown Getaway”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Arrived the same evening as a concert we were attending, to fully understand the following statement, you must accept that parking is at a premium in this area...the valet staff was kind enough to tag our car, hold it in the check-in area until we could change and get us on our way quickly, we were amazed! The staff was friendly and efficient, the room was clean and DID NOT have the overwhelming odor of cleaning products as we have found in some establishments. We found everything to our satisfaction and the "Zip Out" checkout from the room phone got us out and on our way without delay. Great value,great stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (573)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Cherokee, United States
Reviewed 15 December 2013

The security was great! and the staff was very polite and helpful. Even had security in the parking lot which put me and my family at PEACE OF MIND knowing no one would hurt us. Best vacation ever and the view was just breathe taking. And the price was AMAZING! THANKS TO EXPEDIA.COM

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Durham, United States
Reviewed 14 December 2013

The hotel was very nice, from the arrival to departure. The staff is amazing, and I enjoyed my entire stay. The hotel manager was eager to solve my minor issues. They are very polite and have great customer service skills. I appreciated this staff and hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

atlanta, United States
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Service does not compare to other Hilton hotels, felt judged and not trusted when checking in. What is the purpose of being a Diamond member when you are not treated fairly. Confusing lobby, unpleasant check in.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Michael R
Nottingham, England
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I was quite apprehensive after reading some of the reviews. Check-in was very friendly, thanks to the lovely Christina. Staff were generally really friendly and helpful aside from the eating places which seemed to be staffed by people who were either surely or had 'attitude'. So, better eat somewhere else. The location is a little far from tourist attractions and those who said that it is frightening after dark are right. However, the hotel is located right next to other very good hotels, so this is no badland, and there is a connection to METRA through the Peachtree Centre and the Marriott. My room was very spacious - the bed was really comfy. My bathroom was fine - some parts of the hotel are a little dated but I found my room perfectly fine and comfortable.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Florida
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I come to Atlanta for times a year, styling for a full week each time. Unfortunately I have to come when the Gift market is in full throttle and have to pay full price through the nose for our accommodations. This trip, however was not during market. Since I am marginally familiar with many of the four star hotels here, I decided to use Priceline and see if I could save a bit of money. I felt fortunate when the the four star Hilton picked up my bid even though I'd never stayed on this property. I thought this was a great way to taste test the property and possibly book this for the next market instead of my favorite Hyatt Regency or Hyatt Place as my fall back. Well I couldn't be more disappointed. They were not full at all (I asked at check in) but was assigned a room that is need of serious remodeling. The bathroom was horrible. The dinky sink vanity measured 27" square. (What kind of four star hotel has such a dinky sink?)the air conditioner/ heater sounded clunky and noisy like the kind I've experience in old motels. The toilet ran constantly and both my husband and I kept getting up to try to adjust it. Complaints to the front desk yielded no help. Now maybe this is the crappy room they save for Priceline customers but too bad for them, I will strike this off my list as a place to stay on my full price visits during market.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Tamekia M, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry you were unhappy with our guestrooms. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. We hope you’ll stay with us again soon and tell us what you think about our improvements.

Travellers are raving about these Atlanta hotels

Sacramento, California
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We arrived at 8am (flew all night from west coast) - we were given our rooms. The desk clerk was very accommodating. After putting our luggage away, we had a nice breakfast at the hotel and then took a long nap. The room was very quiet and bed comfortable. We had dinner at the same restaurant - both experiences were pleasant, food very tasty. The concierge was very helpful - they were busy because the hotel had a lot of guests attending the SEC football championship. The only hitch was at about midnight there were noisy guests in the hallway- but as soon as they got into their room all was quiet. We were very satisfied with our stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family