“Great Value”

Ranked #92 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Raleigh, United States
“Great Value”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I booked this hotel just for an overnight stay to attend a bowl game. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel was very large and had plenty of amenities, including a 24 hr marketplace with anything you could want to eat/drink and Starbucks. The elevators were a bit slow, but this was probably just due to the fact the hotel was completely booked. It is within walking distance of downtown. We didn't have the best view out our window (an x-rated adult lounge and the interstate), but the rooms were very comfortable. Overall, the hotel was a very good value for the amenities they provide.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Tabitha A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (572)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We decided to have a stopover in Atlanta on our way to South America as my son wanted to visit the Georgia Aquarium (very nice !!!) and I really checked out many hotels before deciding for the Hilton .
This hotel is for sure in a good location (it's a 6 minutes walk from Peachtree Center MARTA station and there is covered walking bridges connecting all buildings downtown) , it's a 15 to 20 minutes walk from most tourist attractions (Georgia Aquarium , World of Coca Cola , Centennial Olympic Park , CNN) , it has good amenities , a reasonable price , everything we were looking for .
Our check in was quick , we got a room in one of the upper executive floors with a good view , room was clean and executive lounge offered a fairly good selection of snacks in the late afternoon and breakfast in the morning .
Our room was clean and in good shape , the only big complaint is that we had a door connecting to the next room and it was so thin we could hear all the noise of our neighbors (and they were not really quiet ...) .
It's a real pity that the hotel has only an outdoor pool and that it is closed in the winter time , we were really looking forward .
We were happy to get late check-out so we could leave our luggage in our room while visiting the Aquarium and CNN , we heard at the front desk that they can't
Overall we were satisfied with our one night stay .

Valdosta, Georgia
Reviewed 3 January 2014

This Hilton is located in a wonderful spot in Atlanta, very close (walking distance) to the Fox, and many other locations. The staff was polite and friendly, and the hotel staff all looked very professional and well dressed. The place practically exudes class and warmness. The breakfast was quite good, with a decent selection. The rooms were a bit small, and you can tell they are getting a bit dated and need of some upgrades. The fitness center was huge, with plenty of machines and weights for lots of people to use. For its location and quality I don't think the Hilton here can be beat.

Room Tip: Try and get a high floor for the view.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Phenix City, Alabama
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Nothing special other than the location. The walls are paper thin. I could hear the people in the room next door partying all night. The bed was comfy and the room clean. No mini-fridge so our leftovers from Der Biergarten went bad. Had to stand in line for 15 minutes to buy an overpriced bottle of wine at the coffee shop/snack bar because only one person was working on a Saturday night before a Sunday Falcons home game. The gentlemen did offer to cork my wine for me. In fact, all of the staff we interacted with were very courteous and helpful. Staff was great, room was passable at best.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Bradenton, Florida, United States
Reviewed 2 January 2014

This hotel is nice, good location, and fairly priced. But its all about making money on you. Expensive parking, sky high menu items at bar and in restaurant. below average quality of service in restaurant and front desk.

Room Tip: Pricey, but if only want to spend night to sleep, Perfect for you.
1 Thank Vikram R
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying at this exceptional hotel again and the staff there just produces another shining star upon every visit. Everyone from the front desk, bellman, Micheal the vaet supervisor, who is awesome, and now Ieshia, the young lady that was working at the valet counter with him on my last visit. I wanted to recognize Ieshia for her exceptional service and professionalism. This young lady was so affiable that it was infectious. The shows a geniune interest in the needs of customers checking into the hotel and had a unique way of making me feel wonderful and valuable when I pulled my car up to check in. Michael apparently does an exceptional job setting an example for his colleagues and I wanted to highight the quality of his associate Ieshia. As long as the Hilton continues to employ staff like Ieshia and Michael I will continue to bring my loyal patronage there every time. Thank you Hilton Atlanta for exceeding my expectations every time. It was truly a blessed stay.

• Stayed December 2013
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed at this property for one night on our way to Jacksonville, FL to catch a cruise. The hotel was centrally located downtown and very easy to find. Check-in was a breeze, it took me less than 5 minutes to have a key in my hand. The front desk staff was so friendly and made me feel right at home. The parking fee was a bit high, in my opinion, but I understand why it is charged. It was nice to be connected directly to the hotel from the parking garage since we had quite a few bags to carry up to the room. Our room was a standard two double bed room and was a really good size for my family of four. We had plenty of room to move around without running over each other. I liked a couple of the additional amenities this room offered such as the motion-sensored light on the bottom of the nightstand and the bench in the bathroom that pulled out for my kids to reach the sink. The shower head was a little low for my tastes, at 5'9, I"m not that tall but had to squat down a bit to get my head under the water. Other than that, we were very happy with our room.
Some time after 8pm, we got hungry, so my husband and son went wandering downtown looking for pizza to bring back to the room. We were within walking distance of all sorts of places so they didn't have to wander far. They said they felt safe walking around downtown, even after dark. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel for both service and quality!