First the good points: location, connected by SkyBridge to Marriott ... and many other buildings without having to go outside, and has exec lounge.
But, there are some major negatives from my stay that boil-down to the General Manager not having a strong command over the hotel staff and how to put customers first.
1. Fire alarm: I can appreciate that fire alarms in the middle on the night "happen". But, usually there is a letter from the GM that is put in each room the next day saying "sorry" and some explanation of the cause. There was NO letter from the GM.
2. Exec lounge: it is suppose to open at 6:30AM with breakfast. One day it had 1/2 the food at 6:30; another day there was no food at 6:45AM. I complained to the front desk and demanded that they give me a coupon to Starbucks, which they did -- for $15.
There was no apology.
3. Room service: used dinner dishes from room next to mine were still sitting outside in the hallway at 8:30AM. Yuck!
4. Internet: it was fast until the hotel filled with conference attendees and then it slowed to a crawl.
5. Diamond HHonors: no attempt to make Diamond members feel welcome.
6. Elevators: there are 8 in the hotel but all week I only saw 4 of them working.
This hotel is clearly focused on conference traffic. If you are part of a huge conference group, it might be ok. Or, if you are trying to bank HHonors points it is acceptable but not great. If you are spending your own dime and have a choice where to stay, the Marriott and Hyatt looked much nicer inside.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A modern convention hotel, the Hilton Atlanta defies typical and embraces extraordinary in an ideal setting for business or pleasure. Positioned in the heart of downtown Atlanta, Hilton Atlanta is conveniently location near renowned attractions and premier venues and only 15 minutes from Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. 1,249 guest rooms provide a comfortable home-base to recharge and rejuvenate, and a full range of amenities are offered to conduct business, stay fit and unwind. Known for delectable culinary delights, Hilton Atlanta features a variety of dining options including the award-winning Nikolai’s Roof and Trader Vic’s restaurants. Hilton Atlanta boasts 65 individual meetings rooms and approximately 129,000 square feet of SMART-FLO™ flexible space designed to maximize meetings and events for productivity and success. In summer, 2017 Hilton Atlanta will complete a multi-million dollar renovation consisting of enhancements to public areas, guestrooms, suites and meeting spaces. Meeting planners can expect increased flexibility and functionality with the transformation of ballroom space, as well as increased internet bandwidth to fulfill demands and expectations. A revamped Lobby will provide a captivating sense of arrival with a new front desk location and vibrant lighting. The second floor will be completely transformed as the ceiling height is raised and pillars are removed in the Grand Salon for increased flexibility and functionality. The 38,000 square-foot Galleria Exhibit Hall will be reconfigured to include breakouts, and all meeting space will feature increased internet bandwidth to fulfill meeting planners’ demands and expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Atlanta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Atlanta Hotel Atlanta
- Atlanta Hilton Hotel
- Hilton Hotel Atlanta