“Southern Elements Staff”

Ranked #91 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Orlando, Florida
“Southern Elements Staff”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I keep coming back because the Southern Elements Restaurant staff is so wonderful! John Clayton, the host, is a remarkable person who is kind and thoughtful. The first time I came to the hotel a couple years ago, I was upset because of a business issue. John sensed I was upset and we started a conversation. He was soothing to be around and made sure my experience in the restaurant was a pleasant one. Also, our server Fred Collier was superb. He was right there when we needed something and made sure we were satisfied. I will be staying at the Hilton again.

Tamekia M, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you for writing this review, Andrea, and more importantly, thank you for your loyalty! We are so glad to hear that you find our Team at Southern Elements to be so accommodating and we have made sure to pass this along for the rest of our Team to see. We look forward to having you here again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (551)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 8 May 2014

The staff at Hilton were very friendly and extremely helpful (especially after my roommates and I's several towel requests - sorry about that)
The resultant, Southern Elements, was the best bit though! Both Fred and Joe were extremely sweet and very accommodating. A very special thank you to you guys, the last night was made worthwhile! :D
All in all, it's a pretty nice stay

• Stayed May 2014
Tamekia M, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you so much for writing this review! We are so glad you found our Team to be so helpful both in the hotel and in Southern Elements. We have made sure to pass this along for the rest of our team to see! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Service overall is OK, some of the staff seem to have an attitude, though most are very good, food is not good, though did not get to try the Vik's and the Alexander restaurant. Location is pretty good being close to the Aquarium and other attractions downtown, close to the highway, yet quiet, mostly average though.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stayed here a little over a week ago on business. I flew in and needed to get some work done before heading out for business the next day, so I didn't want to spend hours in Atlanta traffic. I was pleasantly surprised by this Hilton. It was very clean, updated and modern, and the staff were incredibly friendly. Parking will cost you, and the lot is not very large, but I didn't have any issues with it myself. The man exiting the parking lot in front of me on my way out seemed to have some issues with the machine (that raises the bar to exit).

My only complaint was the lackluster food I ordered from room service. I don't think it is easy to ruin a basic beet and goat cheese salad, but the salad delivered to me what questionable. It had a mysterious multi-flavored garlic dressing on it, odd candied pieces I could not identify as any particular food, and the chicken I ordered to go with mine was flavorless and overcooked/dry. I would stay here again, but I would not order the room service. This is the second Hilton I have had rough luck with on food. I really want to make Hilton work out for me, but I would like a hotel that has passable food.

The breakfast on the 17th floor (if you have an upgraded room) was average, but satisfying. They had a good selection of food items, nothing too crazy.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Tamekia M, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review, Emily! We are so glad you found our hotel to your liking and that we were able to meet your expectations! We have passed your review along to our Food and Beverage department so that when you come again we will be able to show you our progress.
Maryland, USA
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I spent one night at the Hilton Atlanta while attending a 2-day business meeting in the hotel. I stayed in an executive level room on the 26th floor. My room was certainly nice, no complaints there. Very nice bed, decent shower, comfortable chair, and the wifi was tolerably fast for low-demand internet usage. The hotel is 3 blocks from a big MARTA (= metro) station, which is an easy ride to the airport. That's a big plus right there. The hotel gym is fairly good. The executive floor breakfast was above average for such offerings, without being really great. Standard overpriced coffee & snacks offerings in the lobby. Things that disappointed me were that the immediate surroundings of the hotel are pretty uninspiring; and the limited wifi access in meeting spaces. The hotel laid on coffee and drinks for our 2-day meeting, but wouldn't provide wifi access in that space without an exorbitant charge -- I think they were trying to impress us, but they left the impression that they have their priorities backwards.

Tamekia M, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
We truly appreciate you taking the time to write this review! We are so glad you found so many of the amenities of the hotel to your standards, and we have made sure to bring your few issues to the attention of the proper departments. We hope your business brings you back to us soon!
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed 4 May 2014

everthing was easy an very convenient
Enjoyed the atmosphere and the service.
Nice place to stay"Very satisfied. Nothing negative and the staff was amazingly helpful and knowledgeable. Best value for the money and I will be staying there from now on.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Tamekia M, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this review, Tracy! We are so glad you found our hotel so accommodating and that our Team was able to take care of you! We look forward to seeing you again, soon!
Tupelo, United States
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Nice hotel. Need updating. BEST PILLOWS I have ever slept on. Rooms was clean and comfortable. High end shampoo/conditioner/lotion. Looked like there was more to explore, but I did not have time--on business. Had a skywalk to connect you to other hotels. Felt safe being able to travel several blocks inside of the hotels.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts