“Ideal overnight stay”

Ranked #89 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
cornwall
“Ideal overnight stay”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My husband and I stayed one night at the Hilton prior to joining our tour group we had a large room 1121 very comfortable bed bath room was good decent shower and toiletries provided.
The ice machine was situated at end of the corridor ice bucket provided in room so we could have a drink in our room without having to go down to the bar The breakfast was included in our tour package and as we were leaving to commence our tour it was useful not having to search around a new City to find breakfast staff were helpful and friendly and we enjoyed our overnight stay.

Room Tip: we asked for a high floor room and it was quiet
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Tamekia M, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for writing this review! We are so glad to hear that our hotel was able to give you a great start to your tour! We hope the rest of your trip was equally as accommodating and that we will see you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (577)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I am a Hilton Honors member and stayed at this hotel on a business trip to Atlanta earlier this month. On my arrival date, the hotel was sold out and swarming with thousands of high school kids there for some national high school convention.

The rooms were filled to capacity so they upgraded me to the only room available, their penthouse suite. What a fabulous room! It was the nicest room I've ever stayed in and the hotel property itself was nice and classy.

The only negative experience I had was with a few of the not so friendly staff members. Especially one of the night managers who treated me rudely and in a condescending way.

The problem occurred when I called down to the front desk to ask for a pan. The room, being a penthouse had a full size kitchen with a stove, full size refrigerator and it was stocked with dishes, cookware, plates, utensils, etc. I used the pan the day before and the following day the housekeeper removed it from the room when she cleaned it. So that evening I called down to ask them to replace it. I was connected to the night manager who seemed shocked by the request and asked what I needed a pan for? I told him to cook something. More shocked he said, "You have a stove in your room?!" I said yes. He grunted disapprovingly and told me to hold. I thought he was going to check if he could get me a pan, but instead he was apparently checking on my reservation and if I was "entitled" to be in that room. When he got back on the phone, he said in a very rude and condescending way they would not be sending me up a pan because I was not entitled to be in that room and whoever put me in there shouldn't have.

Being a Hilton Honors member, I was not only insulted but it put a damper on the rest of my stay. I also wasted a lot of money on groceries I had bought to cook after being given the room. The night manager spoke angrily to me as if it was my fault as the guest for the hotel being sold out and putting me in an upgraded room.

No guest should be spoken to or treated that way and because of that I will not be staying in that hotel again.

The other complaint I have with the staff is that some of them seem to discriminate against minorities. I observed that they treated "white" guests checking in with a different hospitality than "black" guests and I have not experienced this at any other Hilton. In summary, the hotel and the room I stayed in was 5 star fantastic, but some of the staffers (not all, just a few) and night manager need some lessons in hospitality. I do not remember the night manager's name but if I do I will do a repost and mention it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank N10sity
Tamekia M, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
We are happy that we were able to give you an upgrade during your stay, but sorry to hear about the inconveniences that you experienced. We have addressed the issue with our team. We strive to treat every guest with the spirit of hospitality and the same level of respect. This is the foundation of our brand promise is something that we don't take lightly at our property. We hope that the next time your travels bring you to Atlanta that we have another opportunity to serve you.
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Hotel Manager

I chose your hotel to stay for entertainment for one night, nice environment . Here's what I experienced:

-When I arrived in the "suite" I'd reserved, it was as expected very nice nothing major other than TV remote not working.

-I had three rooms one of them had a smell, I called to request a change of the room, no rooms were available due to how late in the evening it was, They sent a cleaning machine but that did not help. The guest had been in my suite and arrived to there room very late in the evening they did not check it upon arrival.

-I had another guest in that room and they had no information of the complaint.

- I had guest arrive to visit me, the valet attendants were very helpful and Charles made sure all my guest were assisted without any problems for parking.

-Finally, My overall experience was great with the front desk and other staff, they were helpful and readily available, I will definitely stay again.

I've stayed at allot of hotel as well in my career, I try to stay at Hiltons preferably just for the service I've received and this was as expected.

I write to say I enjoyed my stay.

I appreciate your time in reviewing this.

Stayed May 2014, for Pleasure

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Tamekia M, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you, Kevin, for taking the time to write this detailed review! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our Team so helpful during your time with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Downtown Atlanta is populated by all the business hotel names; Westin, Marriott, Hyatt, Ritz Carlton. I hope one or two of them are a little more geared to pleasure travellers. The Hilton, if you are on business as I was, is fine: efficient, smart, 'organized'. But I certainly wouldn't come here for pleasure (I guess Hilton don't really want pleasure visitors). It's too cold, certainly for my more European taste. A smaller, friendlier hotel would be what I would look for. But, as I say, if you want a nice big room to treat as an office it's probably fits a treat.

Room Tip: I would have liked a little sun - ask for a room on the side with the sun in the morning,
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
San Diego, California
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Letter I wrote to hotel management - no response, consistent with stay:

Mr. {Hotel Manager},

I felt compelled to contact you regarding my recent visit to your hotel. I've never written before as a consequence of a hotel stay. I felt the need to do so in this instance. I chose your hotel to stay at for a business trip for three nights - simply wanted a reasonable environment to get my work done and get some rest. Here's what I experienced:

-No one available at the front desk for several minutes for initial check on. Not just employee(s) being busy with other customers - there was flat out no one available upon early evening check in.

-When I arrived in the "suite" I had reserved, it wasn't a suite. It was an angled off room that had a slight bit more square footage because of the angle. More importantly, there was the smell of smoke in this non-smoking room.

-Because of the smell, I called to request a change of the room, however, same problem - no one available to speak to. After being on hold for a extended period of time, I went downstairs and after again waiting I was able to finally be changed into a standard room.

-When I got to the next room on the 12th floor (this was after my all day flight) - again, a smell in the room. Not smoke this time, but apparent that some work had recently been done and some sort of material smell was present.

-At this point, spending another hour to find another inferior room did not seem worthwhile to pursue.

-In addition to these mishaps, I ordered room service (food was good I well say) and left the tray outside the room. Although not an inconvenience for me inside the room, the tray was not picked up for 2 days! Never have I seen this at any hotel. It highlights a staffing issue. While the staff all seemed pleasant, there simply doesn't seem to be enough in the hotel area.

-Finally, to top things off, 3 days after I returned home I discovered credit card fraud had been committed with the credit card I used at the hotel. Now I don't know with certainty that this was a result of use of the card at your hotel. However, my transactions on this card were otherwise very limited and the odds suggest that my credit card number was compromised during my stay at the hotel (where I made purchase in the gift shop, restaurant, fedex, coffee shop, and of course front desk). This issue presented only disappointment above and beyond the inferior quality of the rooms.

Mr. {Hotel Manager } I have probably stayed at 300 hotels in my career, and never once I have come upon one where the experience was so far below what is represented as an above average hotel.

Thus, I write to express my extreme disappointment in my recent stay.

I appreciate your time in reviewing this.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank TGTO
Tamekia M, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thanks for your review. We are so sorry for all of the inconveniences you encountered during your time with us, and we will be reaching out to you directly to ensure that we resolve this issue.

Travellers are raving about these Atlanta hotels

Atlanta
Reviewed 16 May 2014

When I was here, I had a horrible case of food poisoning. What could have been an awful experience was made so much better by your guest service staff. i was traveling alone and the managers-Tamara and Kellly, took such good care of me like I was a member of their family. I was too sick to get out of bed and they brought me drinks and crackers when I couldn't take care of myself. They constantly checked on me to make sure I had what I needed. I was just blown away by how great they took care of me. I felt like I was at home with my mom.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Terri L
Tamekia M, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Terri thank you for taking the time to write this review for us! While we feel horrible that you had to go through such an ordeal we are so pleased to hear that our Team was able to make you feel as comfortable as possible. They are truly one of a kind and we will make sure they are recognized for going above and beyond. We hope to see you back again to enjoy the sights and sounds of Atlanta next time!
Canton, United States
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I have stayed at alot of Hilton Properties and love Hilton Hotels. Not this one. Room Service was slow and food not good. The Staff seemed bothered any time you approached them. It seemed as if the entire staff was just not happy to be there.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Tamekia M, Manager at Hilton Atlanta, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.