“Beautiful hotel and amazing customer service!”

Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #84 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Los Angeles, California
“Beautiful hotel and amazing customer service!”
Reviewed 21 March 2011

I truly enjoyed my stay at the hotel. Right from the start, the lady who checked me in made me feel welcome. The bell staff were there to answer any questions and show me to my room. My room was BEAUTIFUL. Very clean and the bed was comfortable. I slept very well as the hotel was quiet. I had lunch at the restaurant twice and the food was so good. I was tehre for a conference and teh confrerence staff were very friendly and helpful. I really liked the food that was available in the conferene center - so convenient. The hotel is located in a great area as I could walk to great shopping and i could get there from the airport using MARTA.. I will definately stay there again when I visit Atlanta!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
dtw
Reviewed 20 March 2011

I chose this hotel because of its proximity to Lenox Mall and Phipps Plaza, both shopping mecca's for women and men alike. The hotel is on the newer side with one flaw. The central air does not shut off. I'm writing this at 5am in the morning because I cannot sleep due to the blowing of warm air throughout my room. I wouldn't mind if it was colder, seeing as today's temperature was over 80 degrees. Most rooms don't have balconies but I'm on the concierge level. Thank goodness or I'd have to change rooms in the middle of the night. My second gripe is the front desk forgot to bring my platinum amenity gift upon arrival. All in all the hotel is worth the $100 a night I paid to stay here. They're giving me free Sunday breakfast because the concierge lounge is closed on the weekends. I'll stay here again but I'll make sure the a/c is working first.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
gmcgann, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 21 March 2011
Thank you for your coments regarding our hotel and great location. We pride ourselves in having one of the best locations in Atlanta for shopping and dining.

I do apologize for the issues you had with your heating/cooling system. We have looked into and made the necessary changes to the room's thermostat to insure future guests are not impacted by this inconvenience. I have also advised our front desk team on your arrival gift.

Thank you again for choosing the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel. We hope that you keep us in your future travel plans.
Reviewed 14 March 2011

1.There was always someboby greeting us in the Lobby.
2.the rooms were great,beds were very comfortable.
3.The service was outstanding,with veryfriendly people.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 12 March 2011

the staff was GREAT .. very helpful and friendly A+++++ .. location good and value for money good ... clean and safe .. but again, the staff is GREAT ... front desk extremely helpful ....

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
New Jersey
Reviewed 23 February 2011

Very clean and comfortable hotel and a great location. There are several restuarants within a short walking distance, Lenox Square Mall across the street and Phipps Plaza a short 5 min walk to the next major intersection. The Marta Station is very close however don't get excited when you come out of the station and see the J.W. Marriott and think you have arrived, this hotel is on the opposite side of the street about 500 ft down. Marta from the airport is very easy just get on the yellow line and exit at Lenox. Ordered room service and was very pleased with the prices. Kids meals were only $7 and included 2 sides and a drink. My meal wasn't bad just really salty, I was hungry so it really didn't matter at that point.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 19 February 2011

Stayed here for three nights at the end of a roadtrip (New Orleans-Memphis-Nashville) and we were looking for a place close to some serious shopping, easy acess to Atlanta and an outdoor pool for some sun and relaxing.

Although the hotel is branded as a conference centre it was actually a good choice for leisure as well. Lenox Mall just across the street, Borders, Target, Old Navy, Phipps Plaza, Dicks Sporting Goods, etc. etc. right outside the door.

The area behind the hotel is an upscale residential neighborhood with some good cafes, small restaurants and the usual chains (Ruby etc..)

The Pool was on the "residential side" of the hotel, so a very quiet place to relax and escape the heat (Atlanta in August....) The metro station was just across the street at Lenox Mall whsiking you to downtown Atlanta in no time, and also easy access to the freeway / toll road into Atlanta, to Hartsfield and to Turner Field.

Rooms was on the small side and cleaning could have been better. I think it used to be a 70's Sheraton, but has been transformed into a 20' century Marriott with a great lobby, bar (Starbucks in the morning) and a premium steak house.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
moonhope
Reviewed 13 February 2011

Hotel is in nice central location. If you have an international group, they usually love to shop and this is directly accross the street from Lenox Square Mall in Buckhead. The staff were nice and accomodating. Pays to park yourself - $18 vs $26 for valet and you can walk in back of hotel from garage. Meeting room services were excellent, but pricey as you can expect. We had a small group and might have been better served in a smaller hotel. The audio visual people provided everything we needed but you must be specific (need power strips etc). We brought our own projector and this saved us a small fortune. Food in the hotel is decent, but there are several nice places within walking distance. We drove to "ARIA" just a mile away and my guests still talk about what a phenomenal meal. The bucket bar just next door was a really decent lunch. Lots of burgers customized, but decent salads as well. Tips to keep your bill down - pay in advance ($40/nite discount), park yourself, bring some of your own audio visual equipment, train from airport very easy and only a few dollars (WIFI Not free). Hotel is VERY clean and quite nicely decorated. We were there over Super Bowl weekend and there was quite a lot of celebrating, but otherwise fine.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business