“Great location and attentive staff”

Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #82 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Augusta, Georgia
“Great location and attentive staff”
Reviewed 24 May 2012

This is a great located hotel. Close to all the attractions. Right across the street is the Lenox Mall
with tons of shops and more restaurant choices if you choose to eat off property. The front desk girl Jessica was very helpful in changing my room that had a connecting door to another non connector. The GM Tony was also very friendly along with Marlene the concierge on the 8th floor. I would recommend this hotel for any business traveler. The cons were minimal but should be noted. The doors slam shut and are VERY LOUD, this can be very annoying late night and early morning and you can hear the toilets flushing at all times from other rooms.

Room Tip: I had a room on the 4th floor, the views were minimal ask for a higher floor if you want to take in...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank kjay67
MarrriotBuckhead, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 31 May 2012
Our staff at the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center is so appreciative of your kind words detailing your guest experience. Thank you for noting our central location and recommending our hotel to other travelers. We appreciate all of your feedback and hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Orlando
Reviewed 20 May 2012

We stayed 2 nights at this property. Our first night was good, however the guest room doors are so heavy that whenever anyone shuts them they slam very loudly. Our second night we arrived back to the hotel after a day out and about we pulled up to a party taking place outside of Shulas with very loud music playing. That was obviously just the beginning of a bad night. People were partying in their rooms,slamming doors, talking loudly in the halls until 3am and you could hear outside noises as well- music playing, people screaming , cars honking. We felt like we were at a hotel in the center of a spring break hot spot. The next morning as we were checking out we noticed 2 cop cars sitting outside the front of the hotel. When we voiced our concerns about our stay to the front desk person, he said that yes hotels in Buckhead do get loud and noisy on the weekends but that last night was one of the worst. They had to call the police to escort people out of the hotel (obviously with the cop cars still sitting out front). He told my husband that they did get a lot of complaints but that they can't comp everyone's night stay. He offered us breakfast vouchers but that was it. We were VERY disappointed in our experience for a Marritt property.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
MarrriotBuckhead, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 24 May 2012
What you have detailed here is certainly not the guest experience we strive to deliver and we regret if the conduct of others caused you any disruptions during your stay. The comfort and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance to us, and while we appreciate your understanding as we handled the situation we also empathize with any frustration you felt. We hope you'll give us an opportunity in the future to change your impression of our hotel. Thank you for providing your feedback.
Atlanta
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Great stay. Of course the location is perfect for shopping and dining. Everything is so convenient to the hotel. Room service was punctual and tasty. If you are on business or visiting Atl I would suggest Marriott Buckhead.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
MarrriotBuckhead, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
We’re lucky to be located in the heart of Buckhead, so we’re happy to learn that you enjoyed the great shopping and dining just steps from our front door. Thank you for your kind review of your recent stay at the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center. We hope to see you again very soon!
South Carolina
Reviewed 14 May 2012

The front desk staff was very helpful and went the extra mile to help me secure my desired room. The concierge lounge is lovely and bright. I had a warm breakfast there and enjoyed friendly and attentive service. I only wish it had been available over the weekend. Location across from Lenox Mall is hard to beat, as is its proximity to the MARTA station. Room was clean and well-maintained, and I liked my balcony and its view. I stayed here to meet a friend, who was there at a business meeting, and it really was an unexpected pleasure. I would return, particularly as this hotel is very well-priced for Buckhead.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
To exceed the expectations of our guests is always a thrill! We're touched you had such a positive experience with our staff as we were happy to provide you with your desired accommodations. We're delighted you enjoyed our central location in Buckhead and found your room and view favorable. We hope you'll return for another stay at the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center soon!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 May 2012

This is a beautiful hotel. The lobby is open, bright and the front desk staff is very helpful. The concierge lounge is super, great food, snacks and service. Stayed through the weekend and used my card for free breakfast in the restaurant, it was excellent including a special omelette made by Joe, he is quite the chef! The wait staff there was awesome, too. Beautiful private outdoor pool. Rooms are big and bright. There is a free shuttle that will take you 3 miles away. The Marta train is at the next block. It's easy to use, I went downtown for $2.50 instead of the $25.00 cab ride. There is a nice mall across the street if you want to shop. The JW Marriott is across the street. I went inside to look around and I honestly feel this place is way nicer, and cheaper. I got a Marriott rewards rate of $89.00 and that was on club level. You can't beat Shula's outside patio and $5.00 martinis, $5.00 appetizers and a $5.00 burger. There was a DJ last night who played and was great! Excellent overall. Kudos to this place!

• Stayed May 2012
MarrriotBuckhead, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
It sounds like you had a wonderful time visiting Buckhead! We're pleased that you found your stay with us to be a comfortable one and that you were able to get out and explore the great local area around the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center. The Happy Hour at Shula's 347 Grill is hard to beat! Next time you're in town, try Shula's for lunch or dinner, their menus are the best and their wine list is extensive! Thank you for your review and we hope to have the chance to welcome you back again soon
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 April 2012

The 3.5 stars that tripadvisor gives the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead are pretty accurate. I'm a big fan of Marriott and kind of got what I paid for. I think my rate was $109 for a Friday night. The rate included parking and is lower than most Buckhead hotels for a weekend night.

I lobby was modern and clean. Complimentary lemon and lime water was a nice touch. The concierge lounge was closed. Being a platinum member with Marriott Rewards, I was given a voucher for free breakfast in The Lenox Dining Room. Breakfast was very good. A chef made omelettes, pancakes, and waffles as you waited. I'd guess the buffet was probably valued around $20--worth it.

My room was your cookie-cutter Marriott room. I had a balcony with a view of Lenox Mall and the tops of surrounding buildings/parking decks. I always like the many electrical outlets on the desk port device that Marriott has in most rooms. Comfortable bed as per usual. My television had sound only on half of the channels. The cable network that carries a lot of Braves games (Fox Sportsnet, I think) isn't available in the rooms according to an employee in the bar. The network WAS available in the bar downstairs though. So, if you want to watch the game, go downstairs and give Marriott some more of your money. Who would want to watch a ball game in their room, right? Slightly irritating.

Marriott Buckhead is across the street from Lenox Mall. The pool/jacuzzi was very pleasant and relaxing. On the second night of my trip I was able to stay at the JW Marriott across the street--for only $30 more. The JW is much much nicer and well worth the $139 I paid.

Good breakfast, good location, nothing special about this Marriott. I'd stay again if the price were right. 3.5 stars.

Room Tip: Higher is probably quieter--Buckhead street traffic can be loud and plentiful even late at night.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
MarrriotBuckhead, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
Your thorough review of our hotel as well as your continued loyalty to the Marriott brand is greatly appreciated. We’re glad to learn that you enjoyed your check-in, accommodations, breakfast, amenities as well as our convenient location in the heart of Buckhead. We regret any inconvenience you may have experienced regarding your in-room TV. Our hotel staff would have been happy to address the issue, so please don’t hesitate to reach out to us in the future. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center during your next trip to the area.
Simpsonville, SC
Reviewed 21 April 2012

My husband and I recently stayed and were really pleased! Staff was Great, on site restaurant was Great, rooms were clean and comfortable and really enjoyed the bacolny!!! Location across from mall and close to everything!! Can't go wrong staying here! Worth the $$$!

• Stayed April 2012
It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center! Your kind words about our staff, accommodations and central location in Buckhead are greatly appreciated. We’re glad you had an opportunity to dine at Shula’s 347 Grill and found it to be so enjoyable. Please come back and visit us again soon!