Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #75 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 17 September 2012

The best part about the hotel is the location...it is literally directly across the street from Lenox mall, and a block away from the Marta. The hotel was average to good. The lobby and restaurant area (Shula's) is nice and looks newer than other parts of the hotel. Shula's had great happy hour specials. The hotel overall was clean. Not too much else worth mentioning. We were on a last minute trip over Labor Day weekend, so we didn't have a lot of options, so given the lack of planning it was a satisfactory option.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room, which is below the main floor/lobby. It's not as bad as it sounds be...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
MarrriotBuckhead, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2012

Thank you for spending your Labor Day weekend at the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center. We love reading that you enjoyed our location in the heart of Buckhead as well as your dining experience at Shula's 347 Grill. We appreciate your review and hope that if there is anything we could have done to make your stay even more enjoyable that you'll let us know. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 14 September 2012

Nice location and easy to get too for a weekend getaway. Did order room service and took them 45 minutes to bring the food, then it was wrong. But they made it right and what was missing was in the room within 10 minutes. Bed was good but pillows were way to soft. Overall would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
MarrriotBuckhead, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2012

The Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center is a great place for a couple’s escape, girls getaway or weekend retreat. We're glad you enjoyed a getaway of your own and appreciate your kind mention of our Revive by Marriott beds. We're thankful that our staff was ultimately able to provide the in-room dining experience you desired; your patience was greatly appreciated. It is our hope that your recent stay will inspire a return visit to our hotel soon, thank you.

Reviewed 2 September 2012 via mobile

I stayed here on a business trip...one of many Marriotts I have stayed in. A few thoughts:

The place wasn't very clean. For example there was a bucket at the end of the hallway to my room where water was dripping in. At $200 a night, not something you expect nor builds confidence. The rooms were mediocre at best and not the cleanest I have seen. It lacks basic amenities like a room fridge and such.

The layout is awkward and if you don't know where you are going its not intuitive. I can't say I recommend another hotel as I haven't stayed anywhere else in the area so all of the hotels might be like that, but of probably 20-30 Marriott hotels I have stayed in, its in the bottom 25% based on my experience.

The upside was the staff, who were for the most part friendly and helpful.

Not one I would recommend.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Sbain76
MarrriotBuckhead, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2012

It is truly disappointing to read that your time with us did not exceed your expectations. If there was anything that we could have done that would have made your stay with us a more enjoyable experience, we hope you will reach and let us know. We greatly appreciate your feedback and are working with our housekeeping maintenance teams to ensure everything is at its best for our guests. Thank you.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

I stayed for a recent conference at this hotel. The service was great! The room was clean. The conference facilities were great too. Only suggestion would be to have trash cans available at the conference center. We had several breakout sessions with snacks and drinks but there was nowhere to throw away your trash. I personally do not like to have someone clean up after me if I can just throw it away myself. Other than that, everything was wonderful. Would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Your kind review and recommendation are both greatly appreciated! We're glad you enjoyed your time with us during the conference and will take your note about trash receptacles under advisement. The compliments you extended regarding the service you received are touching and will be shared with the team. Thank you and we hope to see you back at the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center soon.

Reviewed 28 August 2012

I thought this was a wonderful hotel The staff were amazing at check in (Clint ). As other stated its walking distance to the mall and Marta. They had a band one night and a DJ another. I almost didn’t want to leave the hotel, Both were GREAT. The room was clean and well kept. I will be staying here again. Great Job to the hotel and restaurant staff, You made my stay pleasant and unforgettable.

Room Tip: I was on the 4th Floor and didnt have any issues
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends

We think this is a wonderful review! It's great that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center. We're glad you got to explore the local area and take in the entertainment performances each evening. Your kind words about our accommodations and staff are greatly appreciated. We hope to welcome you again next time you're in Atlanta, thank you.

Reviewed 24 August 2012

If you are looking for a place to stay in Atlanta near Buckhead..this is a great place....close to the shopping ,,,close to MARTA...Very good selection of resterants near buy....also Shula's is located on site....But if you have to travel for business in the area I recommend this location...

Room Tip: All the rooms are ok ...not much of a view...enjoy the area not the room..great sleeping...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
MarrriotBuckhead, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2012

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on our convenient location and for recommending the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center. We're lucky to be just one block from MARTA, steps from shopping at Lenox Square Mall and Phipps Plaza, close to great restaurants as well as a number of large corporations that call Atlanta home. We hope to see you again next time you're in Buckhead!

Reviewed 23 August 2012

My wife and I recently spent one night at the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead and were very pleased with the location (directly across from Lenox Mall) and the service of the staff. We checked in very late and the staff member who assisted us was extremely professional. We stayed in a PURE room for the first time and were pleased with the idea of having the option of a room with a few extras designed to aid those of us who suffer greatly from allergies. While I can't say that I really noticed any differance it was nice to believe that extra measures had been taken to reduce the dust and remove any traces of mold or mildew. Just that thought helped me to enjoy my stay little more. We didn't dine on-site because of the negative reviews posted here but I did notice that a football game was playing in Shula's on the largest screen I have ever seen. My wife had to redirect me toward the elevators as I was captivated and found myself moving towards its direction. We often valet park but self-parking was included in our rate and we found it simple and convenient as the parking deck is connected to the hotel and you simply swipe your room key to get in and out. I am a fan of Marriott hotels and found that this one more than met my expectations. I would certainly consider staying here again the next time I am booking a hotel in Buckhead.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank aln871

It's great that you were captivated by the TV’s and atmosphere at Shula's 347 Grill, however, we hope that during your next visit you will give our on-site restaurant a try. We're glad you enjoyed our location and that our staff provided prompt service. It's also nice to read that our PURE room helped make your stay a comfortable one. Our hypoallergenic rooms are perfect for travelers that suffer from allergies and utilize a six step process to ensure the room is allergy free. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we hope to see you at the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center again soon!