Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #84 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
michigan
“Good Location”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I went to this hotel for a business meeting. It's in a very good location and I enjoyed my stay. Its located right near a mall, within walking distance, so that was great! The food was very good and the rooms were comfortable and clean.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
MarrriotBuckhead, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Thank you for sharing about your enjoyable stay at the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center. We couldn’t be happier to read about your pleasant business trip to our hotel, which is conveniently located across the street from Lenox Square Mall and just down the road from Phipps Plaza. We appreciate your feedback, mention of our fresh, modern accommodations and acknowledgement of our on-site dining. Please come back again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Pretty typical marriott with a decent bar in the lobby, an above average fitness center. I stayed on the 3rd floor and the walls were really thin. I woke up at 2am to a couple next door having some banal argument and it sounded like they were talking at a reasonable level but I could hear everything clearly.

And later I found out that the ritz carlton around the corner honors the gsa per diem rate.

• Stayed December 2013
MarrriotBuckhead, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
While we are happy to read of your appreciation for our on-site amenities such as our fitness center and bar and lounge located in our open-air lobby, we deeply regret if any neighboring noise caused you any disruption. Our property offers a Salute to the Troops package that features 50 percent off our best available rate for active and retired military, law enforcement and other personnel. We are also happy to provide government per diem rates. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, we hope you’ll consider a future stay.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I just got back home from a 2 night stay at this hotel. I had a meeting at a different hotel in Buckhead. But I am very loyal to Marriott so stayed here instead.

I made the mistake of leaving my computer bag in the room during the day while I was at my meeting. I know, I know, I never should have done that. However, I have done it every once in a while at various hotels & been fine. Until yesterday here. I am a very organized person so leave my stuff a certain way. It was immediately obvious to me that my stuff had been gone through the second I walked in the door. Fortunately, all that was taken was a $20 bill (you know that emergency money people have tucked away in their wallet, purse, briefcase, in an obscure corner - guess my spot wasn't that obscure).

I talked to the Office Mgr. She took a report of my room number, when I left the room, when I returned to the room, & some other details. She said that Engineering would pull data from my door lock about who entered & when. And that they would investigate based on that. In full disclosure, she asked at least twice if there was anything they could do. I told her that I was not telling her this in order to get my money back. But rather that I wanted to let them know they have a problem. It might be $200 cash from the next person or a $2000 computer from the person after that.

So, all that said, NOT recommended.

Room Tip: The rooms don't have a safe so either bring your own or take everything you own with you every t...
Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
C
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I went and stayed for a conference, the room was small and the bathroom was horribly small. I was on the terrace level. I love Hampton inns and should have stayed at one, too much money for no space. Do not pay for the name, take a shuttle to the conference center and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Amy P
MarrriotBuckhead, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
It was our pleasure to welcome you to our recently renovated Buckhead property during your conference stay in Atlanta, however, we are deeply disappointed that your visit did not exceed expectations. Our luxury guest rooms feature a spacious layout which is ideal for business or leisure travelers. Guests that prefer a bit more room, however, can enjoy a stay in our Concierge level rooms or suites. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, we hope you’ll stay with us again in the future.
New Hartford, Ct
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Stayed 2 nights on business. Hotel staff was very pleasant and helpful. I had a first floor room overlooking the parking garage, with the walkway into the hotel right next to my room. Good thing there are blackout drapes in the room as the lights from the garage shined right into the room. There would be absolutely no privacy if the drapes weren't drawn at all times. Also a good thing I'm not terribly short, as the handles to pull the drapes closed were quite high.

Room was noisy, and you could hear sounds from neighboring rooms, people in the hallway, the parking garage, etc. Two double beds. Mattress was comfortable, however the pillows were very thin and hard. The duvet on the bed was stained and ripped, so I removed it from the bed. When I checked out I mentioned it to the front desk clerk and she was very apologetic and indicated that if I had called they would have been happy to take care of these things for me. Other than that, the room was okay, bathroom clean, shower nice, sufficient hot water and pressure. Towels were thin and not the nice fluffy ones I've come to expect at hotels.

Two options for breakfast buffet with a nice selection if you don't want to do room service.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
MarrriotBuckhead, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Although you acknowledged the helpfulness of our friendly staff, we are disappointed that your stay was not the stellar experience we hope for our guests. We would like to reiterate what our front desk associate mentioned, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us while you’re here. Our staff is always happy to ensure guests enjoy a comfortable stay. We do appreciate that you took the time to alert us to areas of your accommodations that were amiss, allowing us to look into your concerns and make certain that our rooms are at their best. Thank you, we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the future.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights on business in November 2013.

As I drove up to the hotel my heart sank, it is classic 1970's concrete and I have stayed in many where the interior matched the exterior - but not here.

The public areas were nicely done, and the bar / restaurant area is very good (food good too).

The room was not huge, but very nicely appointed & contrary to other reviews I wasn't bothered by any noise (I was in a rear facing room).

I have stayed in the Westin (the other side of the mall) before & would probably prefer the Westin, but the Marriott is a very good choice & nearer the MARTA.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
At the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center we are proud to offer luxurious accommodations in the heart of Buckhead as we recently completed a multimillion dollar update to our property. We are glad you found our atmosphere open and inviting and our guest rooms to be a comfortable fit during your stay. Our central location, as you mentioned, is just one block from MARTA’s Lenox Station. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.
Maple Glen, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Sleep will be an issue for you at this hotel. You'll hear toilets flushing all night. Noisy hallways and poor soundproofing of windows will also be troublesome for light sleepers. TV signal goes in and out making it impossible to watch certain channels (e.g., NBC, ESPN). In addition, I had called the day before arrival to specifically make sure feathered bedding was removed from my room. This was not ready, and I didn't check in until after 5:00PM.

Room Tip: Pick another Buckhead property.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
We are so sorry to read of the difficulties you experienced during your recent stay and hope you’ll accept our sincere apologies for the oversight regarding your accommodations. It is clear we missed a key opportunity to impress you with the attentive service we’re known for and regret any inconvenience. It is disappointing to read that outside noise caused you any disruption and wish we were made aware of this while you were here so that we could have resolved the situation on-site, when it mattered most. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, we hope you’ll reconsider another visit in the future.