“Check in awesome... Maintenance HORRIBLE”

Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #84 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
Atlanta, Georgia
“Check in awesome... Maintenance HORRIBLE”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I stayed before the snowstorm actually hit. I cant remember the man who checked me in, but he was extremely nice. I work for a management company and I would be glad to work alongside him. Dinner was great, bar service friendly, from there , it went mega downhill. I tried connecting my HDMI cable to the TV through their desk area where your plug in is, my computer sent the signal and it switched the channel but the TV wasnt reading the signal. So i called and maintenance was to come. 20 minutes later he showes up. He tells me it is my computer that it is the frequency and that id doesnt compute with the tv. I politely explained that I tried connecting my tablet along with other devices as well, all of which did not connect. It was not my device yet the TV. He said I have been in this industry for awhile. We get this complaint a lot. Xboxs cant connect, tablets, computers and so on. The sole reason I stayed was a early V day night out and we were going to watch movies that was on my smart glass app. At the same time he is in my room, his radio goes off. A lady called an hour ago and was in a room with no heat waiting on this guy to fix her heating!!!! It was 20 degrees outside and beginning to snow. Poor lady, so i stopped arguing and told him to go help the lady. I was so irate that he blamed me and my computer and that i am ignorant. I connect it at every hotel i go to. Was not pleased with this stay, wasnt disappointed either. Get a new maintenance chief and solve your monitor issues!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
MarrriotBuckhead, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
We appreciate the feedback you shared on both the positive aspects of your stay as well as those that caused any inconvenience. Without the details of the compatibility of technology, it is difficult to address your concerns in this forum. But rest assured we will bring your comments to our management team to further discuss the situation. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for a fully enjoyable experience. Thank you for staying with us and sharing your review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Paper thin walls and windows will keep you from sleeping a wink. Read the other reviews and you will get the same complaint. I could actually hear people on the street arguing and we were on the 8th floor.
They have a Caribbean speaking cook who thinks he is funny but is really insulting. We left the breakfast area after he insulted both of us while we were placing our omelette order. A follow up call to the manager, Chuck Wilson, never received a return call. I'm Marriott Rewards Platinum and this is the worst of their properties I've ever stayed at.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bill E
MarrriotBuckhead, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
We hope that during your stay you reached out to a manager on staff to address your concerns of the noise and the situation you mentioned in your review. All issues that our guests might encounter during their stay are of priority to us. We would appreciate if you reached out to us again to further discuss your comments. Thank you for being a Marriott Rewards Platinum Member.
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 14 February 2014

My daughter travels with a service dog. She is a small, 3 pound Maltese that remains in a carrier at almost all times. I made reservations at the hotel as a requirement of a cheer competition which my daughter was attending. As a courtesy, I contacted the hotel ahead of time to alert them that we were traveling with a service animal. They indicated that I was REQUIRED to have proof that she is a service animal. At that time I indicated that she travels with a tag and a vest identifying her as a service animal. I also explained that my daughter is hypoglycemic and requires the dog to alert her to low blood sugar and remind her to take her medication. Upon check in, I provided (even though I am not required to under ADA) my daughter's dog's tag and vest which were photocopied and placed in a file. I was then told that if I intended to stay with them in the future, I must provide certification or proof that my daughter's dog is a service dog. I then informed them that under ADA, my daughter is not required to prove that her dog is a trained service dog. That he can ask the nature of her disability and what her dog does. He then tried to justify his demand. I told him I was a lawyer and very familiar with the law and advised him to look it up. He continued to try to justify his demands. My recommendation - if you have a disability, do NOT stay at this hotel!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
MarrriotBuckhead, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused for you or your daughter. You are absolutely correct in the fact that our staff may only ask if the animal is required because of a disability; and what work or task the animal has been trained to perform. Businesses cannot require proof of certification or medical documentation as a condition for entry. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are working with our entire team to make sure they are current on the appropriate policy concerning service dogs. We hope your daughter did well at her cheer competition and that all other aspects of your stay were enjoyable.
Corbin
Reviewed 7 February 2014

My stay in this facility was THE single most pleasant hotel experience I've ever had. The rooms are nice, the food is good but the staff is extraordinary!!Every single person we came into contact with during our 3 night stay was courteous,professional and took a special interest in ensuring our stay was a pleasant one. Often hotels connected with convention centers are not geared toward children and this one is no exception other than the staff. They showered our young daughters(on a dance team)with special attention and good wishes. Every staff member from the gentleman that prepared our waffles to our shuttle drivers showed outstanding customer service and went above and beyond. The warmth and kindness shown by this staff is second to none, we are already planning a return trip to explore the area and wouldn't consider staying anywhere else EVER!

Room Tip: We were right by the elevator and had no problems with noise at all.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
MarrriotBuckhead, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Your review made our day shine! I can’t wait to share your comments and compliments with our staff. Our Southern hospitality is of major importance to all of us here; so it means a great deal to us when a guest has experienced it all to its fullest! We hope your daughters had an amazing time with their dance team. It will be a pleasure to welcome you and your family back to the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center. Don’t forget to check out our Location & Attractions page on our website to help you design your return trip! Thank you for the wonderful review.
NJ
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Coming to hotel for a conference I was happy that it was held here being a gold member and a Marriott Owner. Ester at the front desk was friendly and provided us with some coupons for appetizers at Shula's restaurant.....that's where the typical above and beyond Marriott experience ended.

The rooms are small, I was told they're all the same except for 3 suites. The doors were beyond loud, so if you want to "sleep" here don't plan on doing it. People were yelling in the hallways all night had to call security 3 times...to really no avail. It didn't matter if you wanted a nap in the afternoon or to sleep later in the morning....it's not happening here.

The conference rooms are dark and dreary no windows and it was nearly impossible to control the temperature. The banquet staff was friendly, but decided they should clean the rooms during our conference times.

I travel for business several times a year (probably over 100 nights)....this was by fair the worst sleeping hotel I've ever stayed at.

Room Tip: There are none
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
MarrriotBuckhead, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
First impressions are extremely important to us, so are pleased to learn that your check-in experience and interaction with our associate, Ester, was a highlight of your visit. Please accept our apologies if your stay was not as restful as you had hoped. Our recently updated accommodations feature a number of comfortable in-room amenities, however, we are sorry if neighboring noise was an issue. Guests are encouraged to reach out, just as you did, to our associates so that we may further investigate. We regret this was not done to your liking and will share your review with our team. Thank you for your input, we hope that you’ll give us another chance in the future to provide you with a truly memorable stay.
St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed 23 January 2014

We've stayed there for couple of nights when the Falcons played their last game with Panthers. The place is very nice and comfortable, great service, great breakfast and bar. We enjoyed our time at the hotel

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Freezif
We’re thrilled your recent trip to the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center was an enjoyable experience. Conveniently located just a short drive or easy MARTA ride from the Georgia Dome, our property is a great place to stay when in town for a Falcons game. Thank you for your feedback. Come back and see us again soon.
New York
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Stayed for a week from January 7-14. This hotel is not a high end luxury property, but it is comfortable and well run.

It is less than a 5 minute walk from the Lenox Marta station, which made it very convenient for daily trips downtown.

I was on the 6th floor in a club room. It was spacious and comfortable.

We ate in Shula's 3 times. The service was not always perfect, but the food was good and the decor pleasant.

The lounge is not large but is comfortable and serves a more than adequate breakfast with Starbucks coffee.

All in all, this was a more than satisfactory stay and I would not hesitate to return to this property.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
It seems that you enjoyed a comfortable, week-long stay at the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel and that our location, Concierge-level accommodations, lounge and on-site dining made your visit a convenient one. If there was a way in which we could have truly wowed you, please don’t hesitate to let us know. Not only do we want our guests to enjoy a stay that meets their expectations, but we wish to surpass them in any way we can. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, we look forward to welcoming you back next time your travels bring you to Atlanta.