“28th Anniversary”

Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #82 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We celebrated our 28th anniversary at this Marriott. We were upgraded to the Presidential Suite. It was a nice spacious room. The bathroom was large. This is important-the shower curtain actually kept the water off of the floor. The staff was very nice and you cannot beat the location in Buckhead. Our room package included free valet parking, free room service breakfast, wine and chocolate covered strawberries. Additionally, it included a $25 dining card that we used at Shula's 347. I like the Marriott hotel chain-I haven't had a bad room, yet.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
MarrriotBuckhead, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Happy Anniversary! Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We’re so glad our friendly staff upgraded your room for this special occasion. Our special packages really do help with costs and include some added extra benefits; it’s nice to hear you were able to take advantage of one. We hope you’ll make the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center a yearly tradition from now on; we’d love to see you both again.

There are newer reviews for Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Excellent location for access to both Lenox and Phipps malls as well as many restaurants. Room size is good and well laid out except for the bathrooms. The bathroom (at least in our room) maximizes the space available but at a cost. The bathroom is very small. The vanity is fairly large but more than half of it is right beside the commode so there is only room for one person at best. The website says parking is $20; however, the parking has recently been increased to $24. The front check in staff are very reasonable and easy to work with. They adjusted the price of the parking without hesitation. We ask for additional coffee when we checked in and the coffee was at the room very shortly afterward. I asked about access to the Concierge facilities and wall all that included. although my rate didn't include that they gave me access to try it out without additional charge. I didn't ask for that but they offered anyway. That should show just how willing they are to make your stay a good one. I only stayed one night but had a busy day the day of check in as well as the day of check out. We stayed in a room at the end of the hallway. Very quiet location. We didn't hear a thing outside the room and that is rare.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review. Our staff loves to go above and beyond to give our guests the best experience possible and we appreciate your acknowledgement of them. We apologize for any confusion in reference to our parking fees and are happy to hear the staff adjusted this fee for you. We’re glad you enjoyed our location in the heart of Buckhead and your quiet stay. We hope you’ll be back to see us again at the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Spent 3 nights here. Perfectly OK - typical Marriott room but nothing special. We needed a board room for a meeting -it was expensive with wifi extra ; coffee extra. It is opposite the Lennox mall which is the only local entertainment with a good selection of shops and restaurants. The hotel breakfast is fine for $ 20.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

The Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center has added the only IACC Certified Conference Center in Buckhead for the best in meeting features. Being located in the heart of Buckhead gives our guests convenient and easy access to many of the areas attractions and entertainment too! Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

First, and least of my problems to come, I had no heat on a cold night in April (>50 degrees outside) I notified the desk, but it was not fixed by the next night and I was not offered a different room. Second cold night.

Second and worse, I went out to the balcony and closed the sliding door. It locked behind me, and my phone was in the room. I had to scream from the 8th floor for 45 minutes before some nice passerby went into the hotel to notify security. No manager followed up at all. I had to ask to speak to one the next day. I spoke with the manager, who went to his default position to double my rewards points for the stay. Disappointing, since I was about five minutes from throwing the chair on the balcony into the glass door to break it to get in. I thought that cold balcony might be my bed and bathroom for the night, I could not call my family at home as I always do and I could not complete my night's work nor make my morning meeting.

So no heat, locked out, and somehow my loyalty could be won back with points? This was a missed opportunity by the hotel management to see the sum total of the experience and do something about it. Heat breaks down, doors lock by accident. OK. But they did not get how bad this was, and I was in no mood to personally train them on how to act or make me a little bit less disgusted. I wrote this instead.

The restaurant is OK, the servers very professional. Rooms are small, bedding sub-par, especially the cheap pillows. Housekeeping did not clear obviously dirty glassware and plates with dead leftovers from the concierge lounge.

Consierge lounge food was stale always.

Rooms ok space-wise in the living area, but baths cramped. Room service menu incredibly limited given the capabilities of the restaurant's kitchen.

I am a Marriott Rewards member, but would not return here. Better to find a different kind of reward for my money by staying at a competing chain.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank soverholt

First let us thank you for being a loyal Marriott Rewards member. Second, we would like to apologize for this series of misfortunate events whereas your expectations of our hotel were not met. We can assure you it is not a common occurrence for either of these issues to take place. Our staff loves to go above and beyond to give our guests the best experience possible when they stay with us, we are sorry if you feel this was not the case in your stay. We hope that you will again give us the opportunity in the future to win back your loyalty.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

This is my "go to" hotel in the Buckhead area, but I'm rather concerned about my last visit. I hope it was an off night and that they're not slipping... Service at checkin was stellar as usual, as are the valets. When I checked in, they realized they didn't put the refrigerator in my room yet and brought it up. The front desk later called to check I received it (a nice touch). Rooms are nicely appointed (no change there), but a few items concerned me. The wifi signal was horrible and constantly dropping. I never had this problem before, but it made it difficult to work. The AC seemed to not cool the room unless I set it at a much lower temp than normal. When I turned on the TV there was no signal. A quick look in back realized someone had unplugged the inputs. A minor issue, but I would hope housekeeping would check this. Is this a lack of detail/attention? The concierge lounge is standard fare, but (again) the service shines here.
Older building that may be having some issues, but luckily the service makes up for it.

Room Tip: You can request a room on a lower floor that connects directly to the garage, if you self park. Thi...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your appreciation of friendly and helpful staff. We appreciate your loyalty for making us your go to hotel in Buckhead. As always, we wish to encourage our guests to call the front desk for any issues that may arise during your stay so that we may do whatever necessary to promptly resolve them. We hope you will be returning to the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center again soon, we look forward to your visit.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We stayed here for the weekend of March 28-30. I had asked for a king bed, but we were given a double, which was actually ground level, below the lobby. I couldn't get anyone at reception when I called, so we went back to the front desk. I explained and Natalie immediately located a different room. She apologized profusely & gave us tickets for free Starbucks coffee...nice touch! The staff we encountered were very polite. The room did have a little seating area and a small balcony, which was a plus. The new furnishings were nice, but this hotel is older and the rooms are small. Happily, we didn't have any problems with noise. In fact, the only complaint I have is the cost of parking: $24 per night! When I booked online, the cost was listed as $12 per night, which is bad enough. That cost changed our little splurge significantly, specifically a meal we'd planned for our last day.

Room Tip: Definitely choose a room ABOVE the lobby. Street noise wasn't an issue.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
MarrriotBuckhead, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

We are happy to hear that our staff was able to accommodate your request as well as try to make up for any inconvenience that this miscommunication may have caused you. All of our fees are listed on our website for our guests to review before making their reservations. We cannot guarantee that information listed on third party sites is an accurate reflection of our fees. We always ask that future guests check our website for the complete accurate information, not to go by the third party sites. We want to thank you for staying with us at the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center and hope that you will be back this way to stay with us again.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I stayed here for a conference and thought it was a decent though not spectacular hotel. It appears to be one of the older hotels in the immediate area. There are far newer hotels within walking distance. The rooms were typical layouts and were nicely appointed The room I was in did not have a refrigerator. The noise in the halls and in nearby rooms was loud and was bothersome. The room was clean, but again, it was clearly an older hotel that shows its age.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MItravelerforbus

The Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center has the only IACC Certified Conference Center in Buckhead which makes us a great place to hold a conference. We wish to encourage all of our guests to contact the front desk should the need arise during your stay for any items that may be needed or issues that need to be addressed. The peacefulness of our hotel for all of our guests is of major importance to us and we would have liked to try and help resolve this issue for you. Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback.