Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #75 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This is a very nice hotel in the heart of Buckhead. Very friendly, professional people working here, great room, great location. We would stay here again. Seems it would be a nice place to have a conference. Our rates were very low - $90 a night - since at the last minute, 3 days before our stay, we changed our res to a definite commitment without possibility of cancellation. This brought our price down by about $70 a night. If you stay, ask about this discount.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
MarrriotBuckhead, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review. Nothing pleases us more than to hear a guest say they will return for another stay with us at the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center. We appreciate your compliments to our staff as well as for our location and your room accommodations. We agree that we are a great place to hold a conference as our hotel is the only IACC Certified Conference Center in Buckhead. We hope you’ll be back for another first rate stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very nice. Rooms are clean and bed and bedding are luxurious. Staff is excellent, especially Jamilah and Steve, who made my stay especially comfortable. I enjoyed the location, which is close to shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2014
MarrriotBuckhead, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review this morning. We’re so glad you had such a comfortable stay with us at the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center. Our staff works hard to make our guests feel welcome and at home here, we appreciate your acknowledgement of them. Our location in the heart of Buckhead puts us just steps away from many shopping, entertainment and dining choices. It’s nice to hear you enjoyed this convenience. We hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

LOVED the check in--quick and extremely professional clerk!
LOVED the breakfast buffet--food was fresh, plentiful, and tasted wonderful..service was just as great! Mohammed took care of us...you could tell the entire team was working hard to serve the crowd
LOVED Shula's...great food, atmosphere and a cool tv projected on a rock wall!
LOVED the room--very clean, nice bathroom/shower w/amenities....spacious and updated w/plugs everywhere. The General Manager even has a card in the rooms and hallways by the elevator with his personal cell phone telling folks to call him directly if there's anything wrong.
DIDN"T love how loud the doors slam :( we heard doors slamming all night, including extremely loud, rude guests who were coming in from the clubs at 4am. I would suggest they bump up security patrols on the floors during these hours b/c these ppl completely ignored the "Quiet Zone" signs in the hallways.

Well, i almost tried to call him...but I thought twice about it since it was 1030pm on a Saturday night and I was in the hot tub...but i wanted him to know that the hot tub needed some attention. The water looks dirty, it wasn't hot enough, and the water level was too low...the jets were not in the water so they constantly sprayed water everywhere.

Room Tip: Don't get 623..it has a 2nd door that is shared with the room next door, so i thought it would...
1  Thank xenaht2000

It made us smile this morning to read how many aspects of our hotel along with our staff you just loved. We really appreciate your kind words. We are however disappointed to read that you were inconvenienced by some of the adjoining guests and that our hot tub did not meet your expectations. No matter what time it may be, we encourage our guests to reach out to us for any issue that needs to be addressed during your stay so that we can do whatever necessary to make your stay a more enjoyable experience. Thank you for staying with us at the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center. We hope the next time you are in the area you’ll be back to stay with us again.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

We celebrated our 28th anniversary at this Marriott. We were upgraded to the Presidential Suite. It was a nice spacious room. The bathroom was large. This is important-the shower curtain actually kept the water off of the floor. The staff was very nice and you cannot beat the location in Buckhead. Our room package included free valet parking, free room service breakfast, wine and chocolate covered strawberries. Additionally, it included a $25 dining card that we used at Shula's 347. I like the Marriott hotel chain-I haven't had a bad room, yet.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
MarrriotBuckhead, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Happy Anniversary! Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We’re so glad our friendly staff upgraded your room for this special occasion. Our special packages really do help with costs and include some added extra benefits; it’s nice to hear you were able to take advantage of one. We hope you’ll make the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center a yearly tradition from now on; we’d love to see you both again.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Excellent location for access to both Lenox and Phipps malls as well as many restaurants. Room size is good and well laid out except for the bathrooms. The bathroom (at least in our room) maximizes the space available but at a cost. The bathroom is very small. The vanity is fairly large but more than half of it is right beside the commode so there is only room for one person at best. The website says parking is $20; however, the parking has recently been increased to $24. The front check in staff are very reasonable and easy to work with. They adjusted the price of the parking without hesitation. We ask for additional coffee when we checked in and the coffee was at the room very shortly afterward. I asked about access to the Concierge facilities and wall all that included. although my rate didn't include that they gave me access to try it out without additional charge. I didn't ask for that but they offered anyway. That should show just how willing they are to make your stay a good one. I only stayed one night but had a busy day the day of check in as well as the day of check out. We stayed in a room at the end of the hallway. Very quiet location. We didn't hear a thing outside the room and that is rare.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review. Our staff loves to go above and beyond to give our guests the best experience possible and we appreciate your acknowledgement of them. We apologize for any confusion in reference to our parking fees and are happy to hear the staff adjusted this fee for you. We’re glad you enjoyed our location in the heart of Buckhead and your quiet stay. We hope you’ll be back to see us again at the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Spent 3 nights here. Perfectly OK - typical Marriott room but nothing special. We needed a board room for a meeting -it was expensive with wifi extra ; coffee extra. It is opposite the Lennox mall which is the only local entertainment with a good selection of shops and restaurants. The hotel breakfast is fine for $ 20.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

The Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center has added the only IACC Certified Conference Center in Buckhead for the best in meeting features. Being located in the heart of Buckhead gives our guests convenient and easy access to many of the areas attractions and entertainment too! Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

First, and least of my problems to come, I had no heat on a cold night in April (>50 degrees outside) I notified the desk, but it was not fixed by the next night and I was not offered a different room. Second cold night.

Second and worse, I went out to the balcony and closed the sliding door. It locked behind me, and my phone was in the room. I had to scream from the 8th floor for 45 minutes before some nice passerby went into the hotel to notify security. No manager followed up at all. I had to ask to speak to one the next day. I spoke with the manager, who went to his default position to double my rewards points for the stay. Disappointing, since I was about five minutes from throwing the chair on the balcony into the glass door to break it to get in. I thought that cold balcony might be my bed and bathroom for the night, I could not call my family at home as I always do and I could not complete my night's work nor make my morning meeting.

So no heat, locked out, and somehow my loyalty could be won back with points? This was a missed opportunity by the hotel management to see the sum total of the experience and do something about it. Heat breaks down, doors lock by accident. OK. But they did not get how bad this was, and I was in no mood to personally train them on how to act or make me a little bit less disgusted. I wrote this instead.

The restaurant is OK, the servers very professional. Rooms are small, bedding sub-par, especially the cheap pillows. Housekeeping did not clear obviously dirty glassware and plates with dead leftovers from the concierge lounge.

Consierge lounge food was stale always.

Rooms ok space-wise in the living area, but baths cramped. Room service menu incredibly limited given the capabilities of the restaurant's kitchen.

I am a Marriott Rewards member, but would not return here. Better to find a different kind of reward for my money by staying at a competing chain.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank soverholt

First let us thank you for being a loyal Marriott Rewards member. Second, we would like to apologize for this series of misfortunate events whereas your expectations of our hotel were not met. We can assure you it is not a common occurrence for either of these issues to take place. Our staff loves to go above and beyond to give our guests the best experience possible when they stay with us, we are sorry if you feel this was not the case in your stay. We hope that you will again give us the opportunity in the future to win back your loyalty.