“Perfect Location for Atlanta visit”

Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #80 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Perfect Location for Atlanta visit”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This hotel had everything needed for an Atlanta trip. It is a block from MARTA station, across the street from Lenox Mall. New bedding and bath upgrades in the room made it comfortable and very clean. The hotel even blocked off the front parking area so their guests could watch fireworks directly across the street. It was perfect. The only thing that was disappointing was that there was no parking discount for hotel guests. The $24 price tag per night was a little steep for a suburban hotel. Also, wifi was extra which in this day and age seems a bit much too. We were able to connect to the free lobby wifi because our room was in close promimity. But, Marriott Buckhead is close to lots activities, lots of great restaurants nearby, and roads and MARTA easy to navigate. The front desk staff was very helpful with question I had about getting to places and always greeted us with a smile. We had gotten a great deal on the room too which helps make the trip even nicer.

Room Tip: When there is a convention in town, it's better to be on a lower floor or you are waiting for an...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
MarrriotBuckhead, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Our location in the heart of Buckhead we agree is great for anyone looking for a little excitement and fun with its fine dining, unique shopping and many entertainment options. We’re glad you enjoyed your bedding and bath upgrades in your clean and comfortable room here at the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center as well as our helpful and friendly staff and best of all the amazing fireworks display. We know that parking in any city as well as any highly traveled destination area can get costly; therefore we offer specials that include the parking cost which can be viewed on our website. Thank you for your great review, we hope you’ll be back to visit again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Just held an event at this property (25+ - sleeping rooms & conference space). Their meeting packages are excellent and the planning process went very smoothly. Saved A LOT, with their community dining buffett. Restaurant and bar in lobby makes it a great space where folks don't need to venture far in the evenings, but conveninetly located to the Lenox Mall (across the street). They were working on some A/C issues during our stay, but beyond that - the place was fantastic.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Nothing makes us happier than to hear such a great review from a guest. Thank you for hosting your event with us at the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center and for your great review. Our staff here takes pride in their coordination of all events, we’re glad that all of your expectations were met. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to any air conditioning issues during your stay. Although this is not a common occurrence sometimes issues such as this happen out of our control and we appreciate our guests’ patience while we try to resolve any maintenance issues as quickly as possible. We hope you’ll continue to host your events with us and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I had a conference in this hotel. The rooms are old and need to get refurbished soon. The rooms do not have a safe which is unacceptable. Airconditioning was terrible. The public spaces are fine but the rooms are not.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Diederik B
MarrriotBuckhead, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
We are disappointed to hear our hotel did not meet your expectations on your recent conference visit with us. Although guest rooms are not equipped at the present time with safes, there is one at the front desk where guests may store their valuables. We apologize for any issue you may have experienced with your air conditioning unit and encourage guests to call the front desk if the need should arise for any concern you may have during your stay so that we may address it at that time. Thank you for your feedback.
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

I consider myself a Loyal Marriott Guest and still will refer to myself as one but will not refer this location at all. This is my 2nd time at this location and nothing has changed.
Pros:
Location, location, location
Cons:
Lacks customer service
Room was not clean to marriott standard
Scheduled room service was delivered late

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Prettyteeth
MarrriotBuckhead, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Although we are very grateful and would like to thank you for being a loyal Marriott guest, we are very disappointed to read your review this morning and learn that our hotel did not meet your expectations. While we agree our location in the heart of Buckhead is perfect, we are disheartened to hear you were not happy with some of our services. Our staff loves to go above and beyond to create a welcome atmosphere along with a feeling of being at home for our guests; we wish you would have felt this during your stay. We also can assure you that our housekeeping staff adheres to strict guidelines daily and although we did take your photos into consideration, we most likely believe this to be dishwashing detergent residue on the bottom of the glass. Thank you for your feedback.
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The Buckhead area in general is very nice. As you go through the streets of this area you'll see no shortage of beautiful things to catch your eye. That being said, the outside of this hotel kind of sticks out due to its need for a facelift. A slight upgrade would do this hotel wonders from the outside.

Check-in: The check-in process went smoothly. I had booked a room with concierge level and was greeted promptly. The time spent at the front desk was minimal and the service was fine (nothing over the top, but certainly not rude).

Room: I was assigned a room on the 3rd floor. My view was of the boiler, but I did have a small balcony (insert sarcasm here). The room was clean and furnished with modern-appearing furniture. You can tell an update should be done though as there were not the modern cable hookups for small electronics that you'll see in newer facilities. The bathroom was very small, but again, clean. I stayed for four days and each day housekeeping did a nice job. Major complaint, only free wi-fi in the lobby. I seriously cannot stand being charged for wi-fi in 2014.

Conceirge services: The lounge was on the 8th floor and was very nice. The staff was very welcoming and did a nice job keeping things clean and well-stocked. I loved the fridge with beverages throughout the day.

Pool: I did actually sit out by the pool one afternoon. It is in a small gated area outside and although I did not get in the water, the seating area was nice. Again, not much of a view, but for children wanting to swim it seemed great.

Service: Each time I entered the lobby I was greeted by someone with a smile. Over the course of my stay the staff began to anticipate my wants. In the morning, they knew I would request the shuttle. In the evening, they were prepared to offer a suggested location for dinner. Very nice touch.

Shuttle: Perhaps my favorite feature of this property was the great shuttle! The gentlemen who drove were always very friendly, making conversation, offering recommendations, etc. These people I am sure are underpaid for the great service they are providing in a big city!

Location: The location is great. There is a very nice mall right across the street with tons of dining and shopping options. The MARTA (public transportation) has a station less than 2 blocks away. (Don't be afraid of the MARTA; very simple to use and affordable!) Many very good dining options in the close vicinity.

On-site dining: Try to book with conceirge level. A free breakfast with plenty of options every morning. Otherwise, I did enjoy a couple adult drinks at Shula's (the onsite property). I also ordered takeout from them one evening. It was quick and not too bad. Prices were standard for the area.

Would I return: Sure. I don't need 5 stars every time I travel. The staff at this property adds the extra touch and makes up where the asthetics fall short. The price was the best feature and was significantly lower than others in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank R_Huskers
Thank you so much for your descriptive and thorough review of the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center. Nothing pleases us more than hearing a guest would return for another stay with us. In today’s tough economy it is very important to us to be family affordable and we appreciate the fact that you took this into consideration and noted it as well. Our staff here loves to go above and beyond to offer our guests the best possible experience during their stay. They will be more than pleased to read your review. We look forward to your return visit soon.
Goose Creek, South Carolina
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We generally just travel to Atlanta to catch a Braves game and to shop and eat a little. Really like the location of this hotel as Lenox mall is RIGHT across the street. Phipps Plaza is also within walking distance. Restaurants are within walking distance (there's also Shula's 347 Grill in the hotel, but we didn't have a good experience there). Walking to everything is SO nice because, in my experience, Atlanta traffic just stinks all around. While this hotel it's necessarily close to the ball field, it's not a bad car ride IF it's not rush hour. It's not a new hotel, but decently kept up. This was our 3rd time at this hotel and we stayed most recently June 13-15. Our room was a queen on top floor, which was very nice because it's generally quieter there. AC worked great! Biggest issue with room was no mini fridge- don't know why they don't have them? Every hotel staff person we encountered was VERY pleasant and seemed genuine. I imagine we'll stay here again as I can't think of a real reason not to!

Room Tip: ask for top floor or quiet zone
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Your review really put a smile on our face this morning. Thank you for staying with us at the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center over and over again. We agree that our location in the heart of Buckhead gives our guests amazing dining, shopping and entertainment choices. Our staff loves to go above and beyond to give our guests the best possible experience during their stay, thank you for acknowledging them. Have you visited our website and reviewed our specials? Since you are not only a Braves fan, but a fan of shopping too, we have the Atlanta Baseball Package or the Legendary Shopping in Atlanta Package that may interest you for your next stay. Also, just so you know, compact refrigerators are not standard in-room amenities, however, upon request one will be placed in your guest room at no charge. We appreciate your review and look forward to your return visit with us again soon.
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed here this weekend on a trip with my boyfriend, mother and sister. While the beds are comfy and room size adequate, there are too many extra charges and unsympathetic staff to warrant me coming back again. Firstly, the room didn't have a fridge (we had to order one which they didn't even put in its correct compartment, just on the floor near my suitcase) then Internet was $12-16 a day (even McDonalds has free wifi as have all of the hotels I stayed in for the past two years), not to mention whenever we called to get info (as no internet in rooms) they didn't have any local area info to hand and kept us on hold with every question asked. once we got the bill my mother was charged extra for valet ( which we never did) and self-parking at the hotel. No one ever mentioned when they asked 'if we'd be parking today' that the cost would be $24 per day. I tried to point this out to the supervisor and he was totally inflexible then proceeded not to address the issue and ignore us. I feel that if something is offered in any business that carries a cost then it should be pointed out by the person offering. To me it is misleading and it has left a bad taste in my mouth about the Marriott buckhead and possibly all Marriotts. I'm not even bothering to collect my Marriott Rewards points because based on my experience here I am unlikely to stay in another one.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Kiya66
MarrriotBuckhead, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
While we are happy to hear you found your room here at the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center spacious and your bed comfortable, we are disappointed to read that other areas of our hotel fell short of your expectations. All of our fees are listed on our website where guests may review this information before booking their reservation with us. High speed Internet access is available in guest rooms for a fee of $12.95 a day as well as enhanced high speed Internet access for $16.95 a day. For those choosing not to have Internet access in their rooms, our lobby and public areas have complimentary wireless Internet. We can understand the frustration at times in reference to the parking fees and we do sympathize, but as in most cities, parking fees are a common expense. However; we do apologize for any confusion you may have experienced with your mother’s bill upon check out. We appreciate your feedback and hope that you will indeed allow us to serve you again in the future so we may have the opportunity to fully exceed your expectations and restore your belief in the Marriott Hotels.