Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$294
US$127
US$583
US$355
  • Room Service
All reviewsthe concierge loungephipps plazamarta stationself parkingwithin walking distancetwo blocksrestaurant staffparking decklocation is greatfree shuttlebusiness tripupon checkbuckheadmallconferencevaletgarage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed here for our anniversary and had a fabulous time. When the lady at the front desk found out it was our anniversary she sent us champagne and chocolate covered strawberries to our room. We had a fabulous time in the city and the hotel was excellent. Bed was soft, pillows were plenty and the only down side to the whole trip was they did not have a refrigerator in the room. Great local place to stay in Atlanta.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
MarrriotBuckhead, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Happy Anniversary! We couldn’t be happier knowing that you chose to stay with us at the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center on such a special occasion. Our staff loves to go above and beyond for our guests and hearing that you received champagne and chocolate covered strawberries in honor of your special day is a perfect example of this. Just to let you know for future reference, compact refrigerators are not standard in-room amenities, however, upon request one will be placed in your guest room at no charge. Nothing pleases us more than hearing a guest had such a fabulous time during their stay and that we could be such a memorable part of it. We hope that you will make staying with us on your anniversary a yearly tradition. Many more years of happiness to you!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

While in Atlanta on business for a few days, my husband realized he was at the wrong hotel about 30 minutes before his first meeting. He frantically jumped in a cab and then was full of anxiety about moving hotels, getting his things, being charged at multiple hotels for one night because he wouldn't be able to check out on time, etc.

I called the Marriott Buckhead and spoke with Adolf. I explained our situation and you would have thought I'd simply asked for a few more towels. He was amazing! He and his staff packed up my husband's room, checked him out, loaded his suitcase into a town car and sent it up to the Alpharetta Marriott where it was received by their wonderful team about 40 minutes later.

I am still astounded by their level of service. Many hotels would have simply said, "I'm sorry, we don't do that." But Adolf and his team made it happen. Their Can Do attitude saved hours of stress and frustration. And as frequent travelers, we know how just the smallest acts of service make a difference. This....was a HUGE act of service and we are so grateful to Adolf and the Buckhead Marriott team. Thank you guys!!! A million times, Thank You!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Your review has made our day! We are so pleased to hear our staff went above and beyond for you and your husband. Although your situation is not a common one, it is just a reminder of how our staff will do what it takes to make your experience with us the best it can be. We appreciate your acknowledgment of them by name and hope the next time you are in the Buckhead area you will have the opportunity to stay with us at the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center for a much longer stay.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

As a Marriott lifetime platinum traveler, I have stayed in hundreds of different properties. Some of which are superb, others excellent, average, merely OK and finally there is the NEVER AGAIN. Unfortunately I can not add this property to the top categories and would frankly advise you to continue down the street to another Marriott location, such as the Buckhead Marquis which is very close.

I think the problem maybe that there did not appear to be an on-site security person to control disruptive events. I can only imagine how many occur in any property that requires delicate handling. But when I see on a Friday morning a person sleeping in the hallway on the executive floor and when I go to the front desk to mention it, no one is there, I get concerned. Then adding the second strike was the extremely loud reunion going on 2 days later that the front desk finally had to call the police to control it by 11:30 PM. Unfortunately not until after we left did I learn that the GM included his personal mobile number on the sheet welcoming us to the property, I would have loved to call him at 11 PM and hold the phone up to the door so he could personally hear that I was not exaggerating, but I missed the opportunity.

But the final strike was when I got an email from the front desk manager asking about rating my stay, and I replied copying the General Manager expressing my reasons for not rating them a 9 or 10. Since then I have not received an acknowledgement, an answer nor a call, When I have experienced problems with Marriott properties in the past as no one is perfect, there was always contact and some effort to make things right, Not sure what is wrong here, but getting no response from either party is very poor basic customer service. So now I am done and marking this in my personal book as a never stay here again location.

Perhaps your experience is different, and if so then more power to you.

But I did notice this property seems to have a number of other travelers who do not rate it as excellent either for some of the very same reasons, this tends to make me believe my experience is not unique.

Room Tip: Away from the crowd as the noise of late night people echo down the hallway
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Elisha K
MarrriotBuckhead, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

We wish to first thank you for being a Marriott Lifetime Platinum member and for your loyalty to the Marriott Hotels. We understand that all reviews whether positive or otherwise are important as they all help us to better focus on areas of our hotel a guest may feel needs to be better addressed. We apologize for any disturbances you may have experienced at our hotel but please be assured that security is never an issue here. We hope by now you have received your reply to your email and that you have been able to discuss your concerns. Your review will be shared with our team. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

June 22,

This, was a great 4 day weekend. Went, there for a College Reunion Weekend and stayed 1 night at this Hotel. And, we had a great time! The room was the bomb (GOOD) and the bed was soft and comfortable. Room was really nice and customer service at front desk was great. Located across from Buck head Mall. We went to the Cheesecake Factory for Lunch. The, service there was good, ordered the hot wings, avocado eggrolls and they were good. I, think we ordered to much food, because when they brought out our Sandwiches - we needed a to go bag! (with our cheesecake).
Weather, was good! Parking, could be a little cheaper for Hotel guest! Overall, would go back to this Marriott - next time we visit the area!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

We’re thrilled to hear you had such a great getaway here in Atlanta and that you included us and your stay at the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center in that great long weekend. Hearing our guest room being described as the bomb made us smile. We’re glad you enjoyed your nice room with its soft and comfortable bed and our great front desk customer service. Thank you for your review we hope it won’t be long before your back for another stay with us.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Spent weekend with my daughter from Friday to Sunday. Used valet parking for safety reasons. After arriving and telling front desk supervisor the reason for our stay, she sent up bottle of Italian spring water, grapes, cheese, crackers and personal note (room service guy forgot knife for cheese). It was nice touch. While waiting for our car to go to dinner, witnessed valet, Vinor(?) help a cabbie retrieve his almost stolen cab while it and carjacker, were stopped at red light. An, "Oh my God!" moment followed by, "Can't believe he(valet) did that?!?!" Ate breakfast buffet in Lenox dining room. Due to large family reunion, it appeared that "one-man-omelette-maker" was very overwhelmed. A second kitchen staff person eventually came to rescue. Food was surprisingly cold, considering the 20-30 people from family reunion. However, Rashid, our server, was very pleasant, helpful and not overly energetic for the morning, which was good.

Minor complaint, small bathroom. Bathtub on one wall. Sink/vanity on opposite wall. And toilet smack dab in the middle. Maneuvering around toilet to brush teeth, etc.

Main complaint, difficulty operating thermostat. The only thing allowed to manipulate thermostat was adjusting temp, changing from auto to fan, and changing from Fahrenheit to Celsius. Problem is, I cranked to 85.5 to get it to turn off and it wouldn't. The outtake vent is above thermostat and you could constantly feel cold breeze blowing from it on your head, at least. We didn't really freeze to death, but, it was annoying. Luckily, my daughter brought throw blanket with her. Nevertheless, I made it a point to bring it to front desk attention. Gentleman at front desk took genuine interest in my concern and offered to add reward points for inconvenience.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 528, which was by the stairs. Overall quiet stay except loud toilets and slamming doors, due to hydraulic door mechanics? It appears at least the 5th floor is for rewards members, as there is plaque on wall as you get off elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

We couldn't be happier than to hear you had a satisfying weekend here at the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center with your daughter and also in hearing that our front desk supervisor went above and beyond by sending a special plate and note to your room. While we don’t encourage any of our staff to risk their safety we are proud to know that one of ours made such a heroic effort to help someone. We do apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to the thermostat in your room and we are grateful to hear you brought this to the attention of our front desk staff who in turn offered to add reward points for this inconvenience. Thank you for your review, we hope one day we will have the opportunity to serve you and your daughter again and exceed all of your expectations at that time.