Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #75 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 19 August 2014

came for peach tree race, perfect location, very nice and helpful staff. the room is beyond expectations and clean! my 8 yr old even loved it! great access to marta by walking. and for those who wanted to run and the start was around the corner or across the lot.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
MarrriotBuckhead, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

It’s so nice to hear that your accommodations here at the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center exceeded your expectations and that you felt at home during your stay, our staff loves to go above and beyond to give our guests that warm and welcoming feeling. Our location in the heart of Buckhead gives our guests convenient access to all the area attractions and amenities were happy you thought it was perfect. Thank you for your review, we hope to see you again next year for the annual Peachtree Road Race.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Clean, affordable and so accommodating for our last minute stay. Esther and Adolf were so helpful! The front staff is awesome. Check in and out was so easy and efficient.Martin in security does a great job. The Lenox breakfast was delicious and so well staffed. Best waffle ever thanks to Antonio. And the service provided by Mohammed and Ketty was top notch! We look forward to our next stay in buckhead.

• Stayed: August 2014
MarrriotBuckhead, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you for your kind review on the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center and your acknowledgement of our staff by name. We couldn’t be happier knowing that you enjoyed everything about your stay with us and that you plan to return. We look forward to your return visit as well.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

It has been a while since I have stayed in a hotel and much to my surprise this hotel was very nice. The lobby was decorated very nicely and updated. The restaurant on the first level had very good food too. The rooms were very clean and updated also. The beds were comfortable and the service was good too.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank LOVECali2013

Your review put a smile on our faces this morning. We are so glad you chose to stay with us at the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center and that we were able to offer you such a pleasant experience. We hope now that you’ve gotten the chance to know us you’ll be back for another stay soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed here for our anniversary and had a fabulous time. When the lady at the front desk found out it was our anniversary she sent us champagne and chocolate covered strawberries to our room. We had a fabulous time in the city and the hotel was excellent. Bed was soft, pillows were plenty and the only down side to the whole trip was they did not have a refrigerator in the room. Great local place to stay in Atlanta.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Happy Anniversary! We couldn’t be happier knowing that you chose to stay with us at the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center on such a special occasion. Our staff loves to go above and beyond for our guests and hearing that you received champagne and chocolate covered strawberries in honor of your special day is a perfect example of this. Just to let you know for future reference, compact refrigerators are not standard in-room amenities, however, upon request one will be placed in your guest room at no charge. Nothing pleases us more than hearing a guest had such a fabulous time during their stay and that we could be such a memorable part of it. We hope that you will make staying with us on your anniversary a yearly tradition. Many more years of happiness to you!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

While in Atlanta on business for a few days, my husband realized he was at the wrong hotel about 30 minutes before his first meeting. He frantically jumped in a cab and then was full of anxiety about moving hotels, getting his things, being charged at multiple hotels for one night because he wouldn't be able to check out on time, etc.

I called the Marriott Buckhead and spoke with Adolf. I explained our situation and you would have thought I'd simply asked for a few more towels. He was amazing! He and his staff packed up my husband's room, checked him out, loaded his suitcase into a town car and sent it up to the Alpharetta Marriott where it was received by their wonderful team about 40 minutes later.

I am still astounded by their level of service. Many hotels would have simply said, "I'm sorry, we don't do that." But Adolf and his team made it happen. Their Can Do attitude saved hours of stress and frustration. And as frequent travelers, we know how just the smallest acts of service make a difference. This....was a HUGE act of service and we are so grateful to Adolf and the Buckhead Marriott team. Thank you guys!!! A million times, Thank You!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Your review has made our day! We are so pleased to hear our staff went above and beyond for you and your husband. Although your situation is not a common one, it is just a reminder of how our staff will do what it takes to make your experience with us the best it can be. We appreciate your acknowledgment of them by name and hope the next time you are in the Buckhead area you will have the opportunity to stay with us at the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center for a much longer stay.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

As a Marriott lifetime platinum traveler, I have stayed in hundreds of different properties. Some of which are superb, others excellent, average, merely OK and finally there is the NEVER AGAIN. Unfortunately I can not add this property to the top categories and would frankly advise you to continue down the street to another Marriott location, such as the Buckhead Marquis which is very close.

I think the problem maybe that there did not appear to be an on-site security person to control disruptive events. I can only imagine how many occur in any property that requires delicate handling. But when I see on a Friday morning a person sleeping in the hallway on the executive floor and when I go to the front desk to mention it, no one is there, I get concerned. Then adding the second strike was the extremely loud reunion going on 2 days later that the front desk finally had to call the police to control it by 11:30 PM. Unfortunately not until after we left did I learn that the GM included his personal mobile number on the sheet welcoming us to the property, I would have loved to call him at 11 PM and hold the phone up to the door so he could personally hear that I was not exaggerating, but I missed the opportunity.

But the final strike was when I got an email from the front desk manager asking about rating my stay, and I replied copying the General Manager expressing my reasons for not rating them a 9 or 10. Since then I have not received an acknowledgement, an answer nor a call, When I have experienced problems with Marriott properties in the past as no one is perfect, there was always contact and some effort to make things right, Not sure what is wrong here, but getting no response from either party is very poor basic customer service. So now I am done and marking this in my personal book as a never stay here again location.

Perhaps your experience is different, and if so then more power to you.

But I did notice this property seems to have a number of other travelers who do not rate it as excellent either for some of the very same reasons, this tends to make me believe my experience is not unique.

Room Tip: Away from the crowd as the noise of late night people echo down the hallway
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Elisha K
MarrriotBuckhead, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

We wish to first thank you for being a Marriott Lifetime Platinum member and for your loyalty to the Marriott Hotels. We understand that all reviews whether positive or otherwise are important as they all help us to better focus on areas of our hotel a guest may feel needs to be better addressed. We apologize for any disturbances you may have experienced at our hotel but please be assured that security is never an issue here. We hope by now you have received your reply to your email and that you have been able to discuss your concerns. Your review will be shared with our team. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

June 22,

This, was a great 4 day weekend. Went, there for a College Reunion Weekend and stayed 1 night at this Hotel. And, we had a great time! The room was the bomb (GOOD) and the bed was soft and comfortable. Room was really nice and customer service at front desk was great. Located across from Buck head Mall. We went to the Cheesecake Factory for Lunch. The, service there was good, ordered the hot wings, avocado eggrolls and they were good. I, think we ordered to much food, because when they brought out our Sandwiches - we needed a to go bag! (with our cheesecake).
Weather, was good! Parking, could be a little cheaper for Hotel guest! Overall, would go back to this Marriott - next time we visit the area!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

We’re thrilled to hear you had such a great getaway here in Atlanta and that you included us and your stay at the Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center in that great long weekend. Hearing our guest room being described as the bomb made us smile. We’re glad you enjoyed your nice room with its soft and comfortable bed and our great front desk customer service. Thank you for your review we hope it won’t be long before your back for another stay with us.