“Great Location - Quality Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center

Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #79 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Des Moines, Iowa
“Great Location - Quality Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2011

Stayed here during the Christmas holidays with family. This is a great location - walking distance to Lenox Mall - Phipps Plaza a short drive away - movie theaters very close - walk to MARTA. All in a very nice suburban area. Many, many restaurants nearby.

Hotel is super clean, large rooms, not a new hotel by any means, but recently renovated. The bar had great lounge/appetizer food - also had a very nice lunch there. Went to the restaurant - steak house type - for late-night appetizers - very good. All staff pleasant and professional. I would stay here again in a heart beat.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Castle Rock, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2011

Of the Marriott brands that I have stayed with in Atlanta, this one is by far, the best. It is MUCH better than Marriott Perimeter. Great Buckhead location, close to Marta, and was a very, very nice room. I won't dread going to ATL now that I've found this hotel. It was exactly what one would expect a Marriott quality hotel to be. Sparkling clean, newly renovated, high tech rooms, beautiful entry - excellent experience. I'll be happy to come back!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2011

i was traveling through heading back to florida traveling from tennesse, when i stop through atlanta very briefly to visit a friend that wasn't home. disappointed that my friend wasn't home and looking for a place to rest at with the kids, tired and sleepy i called another friend whom referred your hotel. i called and got the number directly to the hotel, i was of course concerned about the pricing. I'm traveling with kids, so price's is an option for me. once i arrive, checked in and slept, your hotel will be my next stay and future stays when i'm in atlanta and price will diffently not be an never will be an option, your hotel is so beautiful.......thanks atlanta marriot buckhead hotel, for making a layover trip and tired mother with kids in your city be very comfortable and pleasant:)

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 5 days for gift mart. The staff at the hotel did a great job in all areas of service and took care of all of our request. The city was just coming off a major snow and ice storm, but you would never know it, as everyone was very pleasant and happy we were there. The concierge lounge was open on the weekend which was a plus!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Leeds
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2011

I arrived quite late following a worrying trip from the airport during some terrible wintry weather and was very warmly welcomed at reception.
My room was spotless with every facility I needed..........wifi, big TV, nice bathroom with powerful and hot shower, incredibly comfy bed (2 to choose from) etc.
I ordered room service both evenings as I was a late arrival on the first night and the weather was too bad to venture very far. The food was beautiful, brought up to my room very quickly and was served very nicely.
Thoroughly comfortable and enjoyable couple of nights staying here and would definitely visit again.
Only quibble, and it really was my fault for not noticing at check out but I was charged for two nights wifi when I only activated it for one night but ho hum and I will check carefully next time.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Dallas, TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2010

I booked this property along with several business colleagues and was also "ripped off" (for lack of a better way to describe it). The property is certainly clean and neat, but I stood in line to check in while several other staffers stood around chit chatting behind the front desk. The hotel was very noisy and the management was either unable or unwilling to try and do anything about it. Lastly, when I checked out (early, due to my dissatisfaction with the property) I discovered that I was being charged $18 a day for parking. No mention was made of the parking charges when I booked the reservation, when I checked in or at any other time during my stay. When I asked about the extra charges, I was told I should have known about them, that I supposedly should have looked for the signs on the front of the property and in the parking garage and furthermore that the parking charges were discussed with me when I checked in. (They were not.) Sly, sneaky, underhanded and just plain disreputable. My advice: cross this one off your list and keep it crossed off.

Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Rochester, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2010

I got robbed during two days of meetings with Customers. Most probably by hotel staff. They entered the conference room and got my wallet from an inside compartment of the computer bag, while we were meeting the Customer in another conference room. Before leaving our stuff, we've asked the hotel staff whether it's safe to leave it there (they didn't provide keys to that conference room). They said it was OK, and since there was no-one else in the area, we did. Upon returning, I discovered my wallet stolen. A colleague of mine lost her wallet, a cell phone and her BlackBerry.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
gmcgann, General Manager at Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, 23 November 2010
I would like to apologize for the incident that occured during your meeting at our hotel. The hotel takes pride in insuring all of our guest are safe and they have a successful meeting. At no time do we recommend leaving any personal valuables in a meeting room, as these areas are public space that attendees and staff move through during breaks throughout the day. This is the first instance of this happening at this hotel, as we make every effort to keep all our meeting rooms safe.