“You should stay here”

Ranked #19 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Pascagoula
“You should stay here”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I have a high sensitivity to smells and needed a hypoallergenic room. I had called ahead of time and told the front desk. When we got to our room, I never smelled anything! It was great, wonderful, no problems breathing. Great staff, great breakfast, very nice room. The bathroom is a little small, but compared to everything else I will stay here anytime that I go to Atlanta. The price for the room was great. We were within walking distance of the World of Coco-Cola, Georgia Aquarium, CNN building, and the Georgia Dome.

Room Tip: If you have allergies like I do call ahead of time so that they can accommodate you.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Ann Arbor
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Pros:
This hotel was just a block away from the Hyatt Regency where I was attending a work conference. It's also walking distance to the Georgia Aquarium, World of Coca-Cola, and two MARTA stations. To get here from the airport, simply take the MARTA train from the airport (only $2.50) and get off at the Civic Center or Peachtree station. You can either walk to the hotel or call their free shuttle service to pick you up if you have baggage. The shuttle will also take you to nearby destinations within a few miles, which was a wonderful service. The complimentary hot breakfast had good options and was a great way to start the day. All the staff members were attentive and courteous. Having a mini-fridge and microwave in the room was also nice.

Cons:
The mid-week price was quite high, but it dropped by the weekend. The bathroom was ridiculously tiny, with poorly designed usage of space. The wall and door to the bathroom should be moved so that there is more room inside the bathroom and less room by the outside sink area. Also, when we first entered the room, there was an offensive sewer smell, so we had to open the little window in the bathroom. It seems there was water trapped underneath the bathtub (we can feel it when we stand in the tub), so that may have be the source of the odor. Our room had two double beds, and it was hard to get in and out of bed since there was very little space between the bed and the wall. The bed was a little too soft for me but at least it was nice and quiet at night, so we still slept well.

Overall, it was a good place to stay during my conference and we would recommend it.

Room Tip: There is a restaurant right next door, so try to get a higher floor room for a better view and less...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank A_Michigan_Mom7
Mississauga
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Stayed for 2 nights while down for a football game, rooms are very nice, clean and large. Beds very comfortable , bathroom too small. Great breakfast and location. Consider taking the train system for getting around its a lot cheaper than cabs.

• Stayed November 2013
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed 13 November 2013

In Atlanta Downtown, near of some of the mayor attraction, very good breakfast and room very clean. Very friendly front desk people, nice shuttle to go free some areas near from the Hotel.
Very good restaurants a few steps from the hotel.

1 Thank LinaSolis
Minnesota
Reviewed 11 November 2013

You cant always judge a book by its cover. If I had judged this hotel by the exterior I would have missed out on the greatness of it. The rooms were large, modern and very clean. I had a excellent view of the Atlanta skyline. It was so much fun looking out at night and being amongst all the tall buildings. The breakfast was the best breakfast I have ever had for free at a hotel. It was above and beyond what I think anyone would expect. The shuttle was awesome. It brought us everywhere we needed to go very quickly and the drivers were always very pleasant and entertaining. All the other staff was very friendly. A+ on customer service. I would not hesitate to stay here again when in Atlanta. Also had a very good restaurant Max Ladger I believe was the name right on the same block.

Room Tip: There is no pool at this location.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 7 November 2013

On the outside this hotel doesn't really impress to say the least. Approaching it and pulling into the parking area I had very low expectation. On the inside, however, things improve tremendously. It seems like the hotel was recently renovated, the lobby and reception space look very nice and modern but more importantly the room I got felt brand new.
Some points that I thought were worth mentioning are:
* Room has a big screen TV
* My room included a nice couch in a kind of a separate 'living area'
* room has a small fridge and coffee corner
* efficient and quiet AC
* excellent breakfast. They even have tomato juice. I love this!
* easy to access wifi. I hate it when you have to login every day or every few hours but here it's very easy
* good location for downtown Atlanta
* fenced parking area (but also an open one)
* good water pressure
* bathroom is very small and was the only part of the room that didn't really impress. it looks new and it was clean, but it didn't give a high quality feeling and it's, as I mentioned, pretty small. I never take baths, but if I did, I think the bath would actually not fit... and I'm not really a big guy...

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Jasper, Georgia
Reviewed 25 October 2013

When you travel a lot like sales people travel a hotel has a bed, bathroom, tv etc. So the only thing that separates the excellent from the good is the staff. Thank you LJ, Nadia and all of the others for taking care of us three while staying in ATL. Was there for the SCTE EXPO and the staff at this location is great. This is Al, Joe and Tom and we had a great time!!!!!

When in ATL stay at this hotel. Ask for a inner room. WIFI signal is a little weak on the end rooms.

Room Tip: Inner rooms have better WIFI.