“Great Hotel, Great Location”

Hyatt Place Atlanta/Downtown
Ranked #26 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Stayed at this location twice, and I can say the both stays were wonderful. The staff and very friendly and welcoming. Check in was a breeze.. don't worry if you don't get all the information they tell you , they are always at desk and can answer any questions.. Rooms are great, not sure about all rooms but ours had a wet bar area with a micro/fidge and storare area. living room area , wrap around wall sofa bed, with leather foot stool. TV is huge (husband's favorite ) , beds are so comfortable and slept like a dream, view is not bad either, 9floor. The bath area is like this it has a vainty area with sink and counter open to the room and shower area is real small, but is okay since you don't stay in there long. Breakfast is included which is rare in downtown Atlanta, and they have a great variety every morning. Hotel does offer shuttle, within 3 miles, great service, really enjoyed being dropped/and picked up at door of where we were going, we arrived on Thursday and did not move our vechile till we left on Sunday, which is great because everywhere downtown you have to pay to park . I cannot say enough good things about this hotel it is excellent.

Room Tip: Request top floor alittle less noise , better view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 August 2014

This was my second year staying at this hotel for a 5 night 5 day business trip. Staff very polite, professional and courteous....my room on the 7 th floor had a great view of Peachtree Street...room was clean, and kept very clean the entire week, all linens including the bedspread were laundered...you can't say that about many hotels can you? Security was good, all bathroom fixtures worked very well and were modern....had handicapped bar in the shower which was wonderful....breakfast was very good and plentiful...with all cereals, fruits...and breakfast muffins that were very fresh....with all juices and two kinds of milk....coworkers of mine enjoyed the coffee as well...located down the street from Emory Hospital...and restaurants and Peachtree Center and CVS....its is your own fault that you do not stay here....great staff no matter their position....plan to return on my own with Mrs...for an Atlanta trip this year....great place if you have football tickets to the Dome....

Room Tip: Explain your needs....great view of downtown Atlanta from the 7th floor...
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Checked into my room on the 9th floor at 1 am and before I could even unpack, I saw a roach on the carpet. I called downstairs and they found me a room on the 7th floor. It smelled like an ash tray and the carpet was dirty. The next morning I spoke to housekeeping and they were very nice. Sprayed the room and left me the can. That night, a co-worker who was staying on the seventh floor heard something scratching in the walls and another who was on the 9th floor saw a cockroach. Needless to say, we were out of there!
The only good thing about this hotel was the breakfast and the staff.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Stayed three nights on a recent trip to Atlanta for a conference. Conveniently located 1.5-2 blocks from the Hyatt Regency which is connected to the Peachtree Center/Marriott/Hilton/Convention center. About 4 short blocks from the World of Coca Cola, Olympic Park, Aquarium, etc. So really couldn't ask for a better location. The price when I booked was also better than at the other hotels. Added bonus, Hyatt Place includes free breakfast and they have a complimentary shuttle for places within a couple miles (which I didn't try because I prefer to walk). Free wifi worked well throughout the property.

As for the hotel itself, it's fairly modern. Pluses: breakfast was pretty good the two days I tried it. Only a couple hot options (eggs, sausages, potatoes, and pancakes the first day; breakfast sandwiches and French toast the second), but plenty of choice in terms of cut fruit (melons, grapefruit, oranges), toast, cereals, oatmeal, coffee, juice, etc. Good enough if you understand that it's a free hotel breakfast.

My room was spacious and comfortable. Looks like there's a pull out couch in each room, which I didn't use. Bed was comfortable. Bath was clean with good water pressure and sufficient hot water. One downside was the a/c which points directly at the bed, so it can be a bit much, but you can control the thermostat in room. The other oddity with the hotel was that housekeeping is a bit too eager. They must have knocked 3-4 times to ask if I needed anything - even while I was in the room with the "Please Come Back Later" sign on and they had already cleaned the room for that day. Maybe turn-down service, which is really not necessary, especially since I requested do not disturb. Also, there are only 2 elevators, so it sometimes takes a while during busy times.

Otherwise, no complaints. Bottom line, it's no 5 star hotel, but at the price and location, is really a great option.

2  Thank jeffng1029
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Typically I don't have real bad hotel experiences but as I was paying $300 a night for such a poor quality I will write it down.
The location of the hotel is good, the rooms are quite large but style is very old-fashioned (just a matter of taste). What you need however is comfort. So when arriving at 21.00h and checking at 21.15h if I can get some hot food, as there is a flyer that you can get food 24/7, it turned out that I had to wait for 1h to get a bruschetta! Also when asking for a restaurant at walking distance the lady said no, better use the pizza delivery. After quite some time on the phone with the lday it turned out that they didn't have any salami pizzas (perhaps I should have said pepperoni but hey they could have suggested that). In the morning it turned out there we restaurants at a few minutes walk but at least easy by taxi. So at the end no food and go for a sleep after a long day. Next thing is that it was hot, also in the room, so you need airco on. But the airco made such a noise that you wake up all the time...
So all together a very poor service for 300$ (excl taxes) per night.

You will never see me here again, not close to any other Hyatt I've been

Peter

Room Tip: take another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This was the perfect place for us because of the location, free shuttle, free breakfast and the convenience to all the Atlanta attractions. We even got a ride to the Steve Harvey Family Feud taping. The hotel staff were amazing with suggestion to restaurants .Our stay was in June 2014. It almost make me think I stayed at a different place than previous reviews. The bathroom was small but we only used it for it's purpose. We were there to enjoy the city and have fun. Thanks to all the staff for a pleasant and safe stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sherlyn A
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We booked this little hotel as a last resort, after a very disappointing check-in at the newly acquired Crowne Plaza (formerly the Melia), and subsequent check out. All of our first choices were filled and we needed to be close to Emory University Hospital. Much to our delight, the late night desk clerk was very helpful and even recommended the Max Lager's next door for a quick bite.
The property is small, but very well kept. The rooms are suites with a small kitchen area, a living room area as well as a large bedroom. Tiny bathroom...but very clean.The morning continental breakfast was in a pleasant area with attention paid to attractive glassware and dishes as well as many choices for an ample breakfast.
An added benefit is a shuttle service which will take you to a 3 mile radius of the hotel at no cost ( generous tipping recommended).
In addition, if you are going to be at Emory, they have a more than reasonable rate, but you need to call them directly. As we had not done that, they did comp us the $22 daily parking fee. They didn't need to do that, but it was a very nice gesture.
I would give a very, very, very bad rating to the newly acquired Crowne Plaza Midtown, but Trip Advisor doesn't recognize the change yet.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family