“Special Feeling”

Ranked #144 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Miami, Florida
“Special Feeling”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

My wife and I don't go out often but when we do the place must special. Our night at the Hotel Capitol Park was just such a night. This newly renovated hotel has a fabulous "LIVE stage" room. Excellent for intimate meetings and in my case, a GREAT show. For the pre-Thanksgiving holidays my wife and I attended a Blues concert by Grammy nominated artist Bobby Rush. Man did we have the time of our lives. A special menu created for that night allowed us to have dinner, drinks, networking, dancing and probably the best live stage show I have seen in years.

Special Thanks to the staff that catered to our every whim. The food & drink prices were extremely reasonable, lower than any concert hall I have ever seen.

Oh, and the room we stayed in that night was excellent. Clean, roomy, "new room smell" and did I say that the price was right?

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Leo A
Rosaline B, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Leo A, thank you for your wonderful feedback. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Atlanta.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Chicago
Reviewed 30 June 2007

This holiday inn is in a great location if you are going to a Braves game. It's really not convenient to anywhere else but for Braves games it's perfect. We will go in on Friday night and leave on Sunday. You pay for parking here but can easily walk to the games so you save on parking there. This is one of the few HIs that does not take pets.

We stayed here in Feb 2007 for the Braves fanfest. There is an OK restaurant onsite and a small gift shop with snacks. The rooms are functional and have gotten dramatically better in the past 2-3 years. The beds are comfortable and the shower has good water pressure. For the business traveler, they have in-room wireless and a business center for those who do not carry their laptop.

If I'm not bringing my dog, I always return here for Braves weekends.

• Liked — close to Turner Field
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 October 2002

Very nice. The only downtown Hotel that I could find that had a free shuttle from airport. Saves you $20-25. I booked directly on the web site it had the best WEB rate. Better than priceline. And ask for the upgraded room with StarBucks coffee (free) and high speed laptop internet(free). Great and friendly. I have stayed there now 3 times.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member