“Perfect Location, but there could be improvements”

Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park
Ranked #144 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Alabama
“Perfect Location, but there could be improvements”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

We booked a room for a Saturday night so we could attend a Race at Turner Field the next morning. I cannot say enough positive things about the location!
The reason I did not rate this hotel a 5 are for 2 pertinent facts.
1. Parking. I realize Atlanta has a shortage of parking spots, so without hesitation I paid the $17.95 parking fee at check in. However when we returned to the hotel that evening, THERE WERE NO PARKING SPOTS AVAILABLE. I called the front desk from the car and was advised that there was a party, and the issue should be resolved once they started clearing out. ????? We were fortunate that some party guests were leaving while I was on the call and we raced to claim the parking spot they left open.
2. Breakfast. 99.9% of hotels in the states offer some sort of amenity breakfast, I usually don't even check anymore to see if it is listed. It is not at Hotel Capitol Park. I did have the option to pay $2.50 for a banana, and the husband had an opportunity to pay $10 for eggs, toast, and grits. We declined. Take advantage of the free coffee in your room! Its the only thing that is free for breakfast at the hotel.

The staff was pleasant, the hotel was clean. Should we go back to Atlanta to race at Turner Field, I will probably stay there again, but bring my own breakfast fixins.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Rosaline B, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Hello Kjdc1980, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We always appreciate comments from our customers so that we can serve you better. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Atlanta area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

We attended a Casino themed party at the Capitol Park in downtown Atlanta. Held in the ballroom, several conference rooms, and the pool area; it was a party extraordinaire. The rooms were beautifully decorated, clean, comfortable, and conveniently located on the first floor to the spacious restrooms, lobby and parking. The roof-top pool with bar, cabana, and a close-up view of the Atlanta skyline was spectacular. The food was delicious and flavorful. Traditional hot and cold heavy appetizers but with some unique tastes. We had the best time and when we left, we couldn't stop talking about when we could go again. Maybe "CAPITOLize" on the great downtown location for a stay-vacation.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
CAC7647GA, thank you for the positive feedback. We are pleased to know you had a great time at one of our themed events, and found our location to be a great venue for special events. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area.
Covington, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

My husband and I visited this hotel several months ago and the experience was excellent. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We will definitely be staying at this hotel in the near future. When my family comes to Atlanta to visit I recommend this hotel for all their visits. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Hello Stacey A, thank you taking the time to give us your feedback. We are delighted that you and your husband had a wonderful stay. Next time you are in the Atlanta area, please be sure to drop in to see us.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

I have had a couple of events at this hotel with two of my different associations and the staff did a wonderful job with the service and menu. One of my events was three days with room stays for my group (175 people) for two of those days. My group was happy with their arrangements. The sales and onsite staff was terrific. They were visible and ready to assist when needed. The waitstaff was attentive to my requests and those of my attendees. I will have to add that the captain of the waitstaff is a gem. She moves and guides her staff with a purpose. My other group meeting was for a one night event and the menu selection was absolutely fabulous. If ever there was an abundance of staff this was the night. They were quick, courteous, and considerate of my attendees' needs. The food was good and the atmosphere and room setup was network friendly. They received very high marks from my group. I would highly recommend this hotel for your group meetings and events.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Rosaline B, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Hello LaTonya B. Thank you for your review. The entire staff here at Hotel Capitol Park Atlanta strives to deliver the very best customer experience. We appreciate your comments.
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

I do a good bit of travelling and stayed at this hotel during the gift show convention. My experience was pleasant from start to finish. The staff was extremely helpful, the decor was modern and comfortable, and my room was one of the most comfortable I've ever stayed in. Will definitely stay here when in the Atlanta area again.
Jennifer

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Hello Jennifer O. Thank you for taking time to tell us about your stay. We appreciate your business and are looking forward to your return visit.
Woodstock, New Hampshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

We checked into the 1st room. Heater was not working. It was blowing cold air. Toilet flushed on its own, plumbing problems. We were told to wait while a technician came. We waited. We then asked for another room. 2nd room, bureau drawers broken. wonderful not view of lower roofing,discarded bed springs, etc. Not really very clean at all. Restaurant awful. Not many choices. On Friday night there was a wedding. Even on the 5th floor the sound of the pounding speakers vibrated up until the early hours of the night. Fire alarms went off continuesly and some did not even work .To far from downtown Atlanta with a cab fair that will cost at least $30.00. Find another place! On the plus side, the staff was very friendly!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ejc142
Hello EJC. Thank you for your comments regarding your hotel stay. I apologize for all the challenges you faced. Our mission is to provide 100% satisfaction to every guest every time. It appears that we may have fallen short during your stay.

Travellers are raving about these Atlanta hotels

Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

This use to be owned by Holiday Inn and they may want to take their name off the building. We were traveling to the AmericasMart and chose to stay at what we thought was a Holiday Inn. What a surprise we had! After a 6am flight and then a full day at the Mart, we were ready for dinner. We waited at the hotels restaurant to be seated for over 20 minutes and could clearly see empty tables. After being seated and given menus we saw other guests go behind the bar to get pitchers of water and glasses and pass them around. We made our dinner choices, 3 sales and a nacho plate. After waiting over TWO hours with numerous chats to anyone we could get to listen, we finally got our meal. I had the nachos that were terrible. Chips on a plate with what tasted like canned chili on top, a little cheese and lettuce. We would have gone elsewhere but there was nothing around the hotel. On our third day, our friends found a pair of socks in their room that didn't belong to either of them. The dirty towels were left in the hallway the next day. This is the first time I have ever had such a disappointing experience.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank patty44221
Rosaline B, Manager at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Patty44221 - Thank you for taking the time to give us feed back on your stay. I am sorry that the service you received was not not up to par - in your eyes or ours. We have identified some areas for training and communication to ensure that your experience does not get repeated. Please do contact me if you are ever traveling in the Atlanta area again. I cna be reached at 404.591.2000x2005. We would appreciate the opporunity to replace this disappointing experience and show you that we are indeed capabale of providing excepitonal service.
Thanks again for your feedback.