“Nothing special”

Ranked #147 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Kansas
“Nothing special”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I guess I had more expectations about the place than I should. I came here for business purposes. Check in was pretty fast. My room was located on the 6th floor. The hotel is still in good condition, but certainly it is not a brand new hotel. The first thing that I found is that it was not part of one of the hotel chains. I thought originally it was a Holiday Inn. My coworkers explained that it was in the past. At the time of my visit it was just Capitol Park. I could tell as none of the items in the room had the name of the hotel chain or the hotel. I had to play a little with lighting as I couldn't get the light on the desk or on the nightstand to work. After some checks I found that the light on the nightstand was unplugged. Don't they check basic stuff like that? Internet was free but very slow, which was almost the same. No room service, which was a surprise, considering they had a restaurant on the first floor. The best thing about the room was the quiet air conditioning unit. Breakfast was not part of the deal, and breakfast options were pretty expensive. Like 3.50 for a cup of yogurt costing less than a dollar in the grocery store. We went to the bar on the first night of arrival, and the service was fantastic. We didn't use the shuttle service to places around, but we had the opportunity to use one of their conference rooms, which worked very well for the business meeting. Catering service was also very good. If we go back for another meeting, I will probably influence my group to make reservations at another hotel, since this one didn't stand out for the price.

Room Tip: Perhaps higher floors have less A/C unit noise
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Rosaline B, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear MaFkansas, thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations, and I apologize you were not satisfied with the room conditions. Rest assured that the issues you have raised has been documented. We will be renovating all our guest rooms soon, and I hope you will visit us again to see our new improvements.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Smyrna, Georgia
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I was in town for the Cheer Nation competition. We had a wonderful stay and was pleasantly surprised to find entertainment in the lobby. The rooms were a little dated but I was told they are in the process of remodeling. We will definitely be back next year.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Rosaline B, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Nicole G, thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are so glad that you enjoyed the entertainment in the lobby, and that you had a wonderful stay with us. Yes, our property is a little dated, but we are in the process of renovating and look forward to welcoming you back again next year.
Austell, Georgia
Reviewed 7 March 2014

My family and I had a family outing and stayed at the Hotel Capitol Park. The staff was very helpful, and very friendly. They make you feel very welcomed upon arrival. Check-in was quick and smooth . When we got into our room it smelled heavenly. The bathroom was clean and everything we needed it was there. The beds were clean, made up well, and very comfortable. When we went for breakfast, we got seated quickly, the waiter was very patient, friendly and though he had other people to serve, he made us seem as if we were his only table. I will definitely be going back, and recommending it to everyone!
Thank You.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TIffane G
Rosaline B, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Tiffane G, thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at Hotel Capitol Park Atlanta. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Memphis, Texas
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I stayed here last year and wasn't too thrilled about staying here again. I must admit, the second is a charm. Customer service was spot on. The hotel is downtown and easy to get to all attractions. The free shuttle that took me to and from my convention site was also a plus. Looking forward to my next stay with you guys!!!

1 Thank Allie W
Rosaline B, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear Allie W., thank you for taking time to tell us about your stay. We appreciate your business and are looking forward to your return visit.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I was coming in last minute for the Bronner Brother Hair Show and choose to stay here. Its close to the World Congress Center where the show was being held. The check in line was a little long but the agents were working fast to check everyone in. The lady that checked me in was very nice and got me taken care of pretty quickly. I was happy to see that there were 4 elevators so i didn't have to wait as i was tired from my flight. Once up stairs the room was just ok. It was clean but the decor was a bit outdated. I was expecting a more modern look. I noticed that I had no towels in the bathroom. I called to the desk and they apologized and told me they would have some sent up. The towels were there in 5 minutes! The lady that brought them up apologized as well. The bed was very comfy. I was dissapointed that the outdoor pool was not a heated pool. Overall i had a great stay and will stay here when I return in August.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor for beautiful views of Atlanta
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Adamsville, it is great that you had a wonderful stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We hope you will come back and visit us soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 5 March 2014

This hotel was horrid from check in. No valet, no help, horrible customer service, super attitudes. They tricked me in to staying later than normal. Lake was supposed to check me out. I called downstairs and asked for a late checkout. Upon coming downstairs I got charged 50 for a late check out. At no point did they tell me is be charged for a late check out. They are rip offs and the hotel is not worth the money.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Poochlucci
Dear Poochlucci, thank you for your comments regarding your hotel stay. I apologize for all the challenges you faced. Our mission is to provide 100% satisfaction to every guest every time. It appears that we may have fallen short during your stay. We hope you give us another chance to make things right on your next trip to the Atlanta Area.

Travellers are raving about these Atlanta hotels

Mayfield, Kentucky
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Let me start by saying that the employees were friendly and helpful. The shuttle drivers, Mike and Deaderick, were awesome! They were so friendly, personable, and helpful. I thoroughly enjoyed their conversation. If this was just a rating on employee helpfulness, I would have rated the hotel much better. The reason I gave this hotel a poor rating was because of cleanliness. The sheets had a few spots on them, but they did smell clean. The upholstered chair in the room had spots and stains all over it. The carpet had multiple stains and pulls. When we first arrived, they were out of wash clothes so we had to shower with hand towels. When we unfolded some of the hand towels that were given to us, they had make-up stains, dust bunnies, and hair in them. One or two of them were clean enough to use. The toilet and bathtub did, however, appear to be clean. The wallpaper in the bathrooms was peeling at the seams, which just gives a poor first impression when you walk in the bathroom. If this hotel was cleaner and had a few updates, it would have gotten a much higher rating from me.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Rosaline B, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Hello LAS272014, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate the kind words that you mention about our Van Drivers. The staff tries very hard to welcome all of our guests and we are glad you noticed and mentioned their efforts. We are very sorry you were unhappy with our property. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. We hope you’ll stay with us again soon and tell us what you think about our improvements.