“Great Experience”

Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park
Ranked #145 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 18 March 2014

This was actually my second visit to Hotel Capitol Park. My husband and I found ourselves without power during the winter storm and sought refuge at the Hotel Capitol Park Atlanta. We had an amazing dinner from the restaurant and breakfast was even more impressive. But this past weekend we had relatives visiting and decided to check out the Cafe 450. It was amazing, there was a live band and even a jazz musician. We were able to order dinner while we listen to great music as well as (my favorite) lots of dancing! They even had rooms put aside for those who couldnt drive home afterwards. We really enjoyed it and look forward to the next Cafe 450 experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Rosaline B, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear mScott06, thank you so much for your kind words. We are so pleased that you had an amazing dinner and an impressive breakfast, in our restaurant during the winter storm. I am glad that you had such a wonderful time this past weekend at Café 450, and that you enjoyed the live band and jazz musician. I will definitely pass on your kind comments to the staff, because it encourages our team members, to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. Again, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I find it odd that there are several new reviews with 5 stars here within the past few days by people that have only written one review.

My first impression is the un-vacuumed floor behind the desk (pretty obvious). The second impression is from the parking lot which has trash strewn about and metal rails that are quite rusted. Right now I'm a little unhappy at Hotwire.com for calling this a 3 star hotel. Far from it.

The lobby looks very nice but once you get up near your room I noticed carpet that was so worn you can see the threading and multiple places in the hall walls that have been repaired and our door didn't close automatically. the doors have about 30 layers of paint, and all of the furnishings look like they should be in the Goodwill right now. The lamp I'm using right now is dated and obviously old while the tiny table I'm using has a bent leg and is scuffed and marked around the edges. I'm afraid it's going to fall apart so I've chosen to finish typing on my lap (that's why they call it a laptop I guess). While the bed sheets look clean I am having a difficult time with the stains in the carpet and a few dark stains on the sheets. The worst part is that the bathroom smells like stinky feet and there was a hair in the sink. Yuk. I didn't mention the food stains on the hotel directory book in my room. another yuk! I wanted to buy some Lysol but there is nothing around here!! I have to pay 18 bucks for parking but there is nothing around here to make a taxi worth it.

The beds look comfy and clean but I regret booking this hotel and if I had an opportunity to get my money back I would. Last time I stayed in a hotel of this caliber I paid about the same amount as the parking fee here. Even at the discount that I got on hotwire.com it is totally not worth it. I can't wait to get out of this and hope I don't get a foot fungus or some other communicable disease from the toilet seat.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Johnny C
Rosaline B, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Johnny C - Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your feedback is instrumental in helping us make the neccessary changes needed to satisfy our guests. I apologise that the hotel disappointed you this time around. I do have excting news that i hope would encourage you to stay with us again. We are starting renovations in our guest rooms this Spring. If you would like to contact me directly the next time you are coming to Atlanta i would be happy to show you the positive changes made and get your feedback then.
I do note that hope that the great service provided by our staff here was a bright spot in your stay and I hope to do decide to visit us again.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Hotel Capitol Park was my first impression of Atlanta (besides the traffic) and i must say it deserves two thumbs up. Upon arriving at the hotel I first thought not being in the middle of downtown would have been a negative being i planned to be right in the action but, it wasn't nearly as far from the action as i thought and the FREE shuttle took us to all the attractions on our plan. The staff was very friendly and i found myself smiling a lot just by way of being polite to all the staff smiling at me! Southern hospitality at it's best (coming from a true northerner). I've read some of the reviews and i must say they're in my opinion misleading or must have been a bad week due to my family and i staying for a week on spring break and had a great time. I'd definitely make this my Atlanta home, not to mention priced reasonably compared to other 3 star hotels in the area offering the same stuff. Oh and i can't forget the free laundry, worked well while traveling with children!

Room Tip: High floors have nice view of Braves stadium and 1996 Olympic Torch.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Josh M
Rosaline B, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Josh M, thank you so much for the positive feedback. We are pleased to know that you and your family had a wonderful stay. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Atlanta area.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

The food was exquisite the manager saw to it that we had everything we needed. When the french toast ran out he made us pancakes. Alex you are the best....great customer care. At first I was a little skeptical at staying there first. I stayed the weekend to see the circus and the stay wound up being fantastic.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Kecia109, Thank you for taking the time to give us your positive feedback on one of our staff members. This feedback will let us know what our staff is doing right and we like to reward employees for a job well done. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forwarding to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I enjoyed every aspect of my stay. My room was on the 14th floor and I had a great view of the city. The hotel is very close to Marta, so no car is needed. Whenever I travel to Atlanta, I'll be staying here for sure!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Rosaline B, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Laura G, thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at Hotel Capitol Park Atlanta. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I enjoyed my visit there & yes I will definitely go back!! The hotel staff was awesome and what I paid for the room wasn't bad at all! I will definitely return with my family and I will refer all of my friends!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear PeoplesFamily/ATL, thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I guess I had more expectations about the place than I should. I came here for business purposes. Check in was pretty fast. My room was located on the 6th floor. The hotel is still in good condition, but certainly it is not a brand new hotel. The first thing that I found is that it was not part of one of the hotel chains. I thought originally it was a Holiday Inn. My coworkers explained that it was in the past. At the time of my visit it was just Capitol Park. I could tell as none of the items in the room had the name of the hotel chain or the hotel. I had to play a little with lighting as I couldn't get the light on the desk or on the nightstand to work. After some checks I found that the light on the nightstand was unplugged. Don't they check basic stuff like that? Internet was free but very slow, which was almost the same. No room service, which was a surprise, considering they had a restaurant on the first floor. The best thing about the room was the quiet air conditioning unit. Breakfast was not part of the deal, and breakfast options were pretty expensive. Like 3.50 for a cup of yogurt costing less than a dollar in the grocery store. We went to the bar on the first night of arrival, and the service was fantastic. We didn't use the shuttle service to places around, but we had the opportunity to use one of their conference rooms, which worked very well for the business meeting. Catering service was also very good. If we go back for another meeting, I will probably influence my group to make reservations at another hotel, since this one didn't stand out for the price.

Room Tip: Perhaps higher floors have less A/C unit noise
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear MaFkansas, thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations, and I apologize you were not satisfied with the room conditions. Rest assured that the issues you have raised has been documented. We will be renovating all our guest rooms soon, and I hope you will visit us again to see our new improvements.