“Good resturan and locationt!”

Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park
Ranked #147 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 30 April 2014

This place exceeds your expectations! Adam Watson is a great server! Hope he doesn't leave this place. Rooms are ok but the location is good and the breakfast is great. The dinner was awesome! Don't be shy and order off menu if you need too. I got the pasta and swapped the shrimp for chicken. It was awesome!

• Stayed: April 2014
Rosaline B, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

NetworkJack - Thank you for staying with us and for the great review. I am delighted that Adam took such good care of you and your meal was great. I will be sure to share your comments with the team as it is our goal to have all of our guests leave as happy as you did.
Hope to see you again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,776)

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Staff really went above and beyond my expectations at this hotel! When learning we were celebrating our anniversary we were upgraded to a suite. While checking in the front desk clerk gave us certificates for free breakfast and the bartender couldn't have been more friendly, even making us a special drink. Everyone was so incredibly kind and generous. Hotel is literally walking distance to Turner Field, so when catching a Braves games go no further. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Rosaline B, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Hello Elayne J. We were delighted to hear that we met your expectations. It’s especially heartwarming to read your complimentary review. I will definitely pass on your kind comments to the staff. Again thank you for the positive comments, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

My husband and I stayed just overnight and luckily no longer! We first arrived and found out that we would have to pay $18 a night to park our car. NOWHERE on the website does it say parking is an additional cost. Why not add that into your hotel room fee? Again, fortunately we only stayed the one night. We decided to use their free shuttle to get some dinner and when we called to have them pick us up afterward it took 45 minutes for the man to arrive and we were 1.5 miles from the hotel! My husband actually called to make sure he was still coming! His excuse was traffic from the baseball game was bad, but the game was long over at that point and as we stood in the parking lot watching cars go by we didn't see any hang-ups at all. The hotel room was decent, but extremely loud! We heard every single word the people in the rooms next to us were saying in addition of course to showers, toilets, tvs, etc. We didn't get any sleep at all since our neighbor was slamming his door well until after 2:00 am. The next morning we were told there was no continental breakfast unless we had a ticket. What ticket??? We didn't eat. Then we had to use the shuttle to go downtown. We figured it couldn't be that bad two days in a row and didn't want to pay parking fees. We finished up and found ourselves caught in a thunderstorm. We called and unfortunately got the same man as the night before. He assured us he would be there in 15 minutes. Once again he took 45 minutes while we stood getting wet and cold. Neither time did he apologize. We were just glad we weren't trying to make a flight or other important appointment. Please, just don't waste your precious time or money on this hotel. It's not worth it!

Room Tip: Another hotel!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Rosaline B, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear gtaylor05, thank you for your comments regarding your hotel stay. I am sorry that you were unhappy with our property and I apologize for the challenges you may have faced with the shuttle services and breakfast. Our mission is to provide 100% satisfaction to every guest, and it appears that we may have fallen short during your recent stay. Parking charges are standard for downtown Atlanta hotels. We do our best to ensure that our parking charges are listed on the websites that we manage and I apologize if that information was missed. The issues you raised have been documented, and we will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. Our hotel will be under renovations soon, and I hope you will visit us again to see our new improvements, and to give us another chance to make things right.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

For the last 4 years I have used the hotel to host a convention. Their staff is friendly and they are always on point and happy to help and work with you. Our event hosts an average 70-100 guest including Congressmen, Governors, Senators and other political figures. We have our choice of facilities in the ATL area and we keep coming back here. That should say a lot.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Jhontens, thank you for your wonderful review. We are very pleased you chose to stay with us when there are so many other options, and more pleased that we were able to meet or exceed your needs during your stay. We really appreciate the compliments that you gave about our staff, and are pleased that they provided you with excellent service. Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

My experience during my stay at the Capitol Park was less than subpar. I did enjoy the close proximity of the hotel to the Braves stadium however I was highly displease with the undisclosed parking fees that they charge me upon my arrival. When I arrived for check in, to my unpleasant surprise I was told the parking would be $18 per night. Since I was not warned of these parking fees before my travel down this would've been highly expensive additional cost had I been staying there for a whole week. Not to mention the fact that they were only charging $10 for other people who did not even stay at the residence to park at the hotel for the game. I really wish they would've shared this on the webpage before I had made plans to stay there for the weekend. As far as the rooms are concerned they were fairly clean nothing above average. The customer service was was normal nothing spectacular but nothing super terrible. I did give the hotel a few calls after my checkout after I had reason to believe I left the bottle of Cologne in my hotel room. The front desk was less than helpful. I had to call five times to finally get a concrete answer on whether or not my bottle of cologne was found in my room. And I only got my answer after getting frustrated on the phone and demanding that they give me a resolution. Honestly I felt like they just told me they did not find my bottle of cologne just to get me off the phone because prior to that I had called four times and they had promised to give me a call back after they check their inventory. All four time they did not give me a call back. This this was highly unprofessional and left me wishing I hadn't stayed there in the first place. Not to mention that they also failed to reveal that they charged me an extra 8% tax because I had four people in a room. I don't know if this is typical for most hotels to charge you extra but I would at least would have liked to have known about it before they charged my card. Overall if you can find another place that's relatively closer to the Braves stadium I can ensure you that you probably will have a better time then at the Capitol Park Hotel.

Room Tip: beware of undisclosed parking fees ($18/night)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Anthony M
Rosaline B, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Anthony M, thank you for your comments regarding your hotel stay. I am sorry that you were unhappy with our property and I apologize for the challenges you may have faced. Our mission is to provide 100% satisfaction to every guest, and it appears that we may have fallen short during your recent stay. We should have returned your calls regarding the bottle of cologne that you left and I will follow up again on your behalf. Parking charges are standard for downtown Atlanta hotels. We do our best to ensure that our parking charges are listed on the websites that we manage, and I apologize if that information was missed. I am concerned about the additional tax that you indicate was charged based on the number of people in your room. That is not a standard practice of ours and may have been a system glitch as tax is only charged on the room rate that you pay. Please contact me directly so that I can take a look at your hotel bill. The issues you raised have been documented, and we will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. Our hotel will be under renovations soon, and I hope you will visit us again to see our new improvements, and to give us another chance to make things right.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Stayed 3 days and staff were excellent. Tanya in food service was efficient as well as friendly and always had smile on her face. Shuttle driver and front desk staff were very personable and always ready to assist. Location is close to numerous places of interest.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Kathy M, thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, here at Hotel Capitol Park. We really appreciate the compliments that you gave about our staff, and are pleased that they provided you with excellent service. Thank you again, for taking the time to review our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel staff Pat at the front desk Adam Watson, melody, nehemia and kalis. The front desk young and rising stars marcus, Vanessa, quint and chantel make things easy for you. The supervisors laike, zak, Kent, mohammado and rosie orchestrate things with precision. The bar tenders julius, Tasha and chantel serve you with a smile and make sure you get your fill. The shuttle drivers mike, mr.d and dontrell get you from here to there in record time. I really enjoyed my stay there.
Michael wilson

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Rosaline B, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Hello Michael J, thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, here at Hotel Capitol Park. Thank you for taking the time to give us your positive feedback on some of our staff members. This feedback will let us know what our staff is doing right, and we like to reward employees for a job well done. Michael, we appreciate your business and look forward to your return visit, the next time your travels bring you to the Atlanta area.