Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
1,850 results
All reviewsfree shuttleclose to downtownwithin milesmile radiusenjoyed my stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My overall stay at this hotel was good! The rooms are spacious, the food is good, and the bar is fun but Latasha (a bartender) made my experience even more eventful. She gave me great advice on where to shop, hangout, and eat in the Atlanta and Buckhead are during free time. Some guests were being mouthy to her but she handled it in a delicate manor. If you want a great drink while in Atlanta stop by and ask for Latasha!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Rosaline B, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Cynthia T, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We are pleased that we were able to meet your expectations and that Latasha (a bartender) gave you that extra dose of southern hospitality and made your experience even more eventful. Again thank you for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

My room felt humid and smelled like a fraternity house. The corners had cob webs in them. The bathroom toilet was wobbly and the seat was broken. My shower had someone's hair in it. The sheets made me itch. It was awful. I'm not a nit picky person so I wasn't looking for something to dislike, but I disliked most of my stay.

The staff was nice, I will give them that.

The parking fee is outrageous considering that once you park, there are signs everywhere saying they aren't responsible for theft or damage. So what exactly am I paying them for??

No breakfast, and vending machines were only on every other floor and were crazy priced, I would NEVER recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014
Rosaline B, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Grownupfangirl, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We are very sorry that you were unhappy with our property and that we did not meet your expectations. We are a full service hotel and breakfast is offered in the restaurant each day from 6:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Parking charges are standard for downtown Atlanta hotels. We have gated parking and we do our best to ensure that our guest’s cars are secure. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. Renovations has started at our property, and I hope you will come back to see our finished product, when you are in the Atlanta area again.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Let me start off by saying if you're looking to do anything in Atlanta between Turner Field and the CNN center, this is the place to stay. Hotel has a free shuttle service with awesome drivers, Big Mike and Mr. D.. They will give you the best advice on the best places to eat and things to do. I recommend Thumbs Up and Six Feet Under. The hotel is within about a 10-15 min walk to Turner Field not a bad walk at all considering some pay up to $40 to park not much closer. The only down fall is they didn't tell us upfront that parking at hotel as guests is $18 a day but was worth it. We never had to move truck in a 3 day period and toured ATL for free. Rooms are nice. Clean and roomy.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Capital Ave would be best as far as sun not waking you in the morning!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Anthony W
Rosaline B, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Anthony W, thank you for your kind comments regarding your hotel stay. We really appreciate the compliments that you gave about our drivers (Mike and Mr. D). We are very pleased that they provided you with such excellent service. Parking charges are standard for downtown Atlanta hotels. We do our best to ensure that our parking charges are listed on the websites that we manage and I apologize if that information was missed. Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel itself is okay but you can't expect 5 star service for the price of 2. The positive to me was the lobby, the convenience to Turner field, the shuttle service and of course the the two friendly drivers (Mr. D & Mike). Breakfast was good but I think it was just a bit expensive at 16 bucks for buffet only menu on the weekend. The bar is very basic and some of the staffs were as friendly as you would expect for bartenders.
For me, it was a good value for the Memorial Weekend.

Room Tip: I had a pool view although I was on the 5th floor, it was a great view because there were no other buildings around. I love the mattress too.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Beedee732, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We always appreciate comments from our customers so that we can serve you better. Our mission is to provide 100% satisfaction to every guest every time. The staff tries very hard to welcome all of our guests and we are glad you noticed and mentioned their efforts. I apologize that the breakfast pricing did not meet your expectations. The issue you raised have been documented, and we will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We decided to have my parents Golden Anniversary party at the Hotel Capitol Park in Atlanta and we are so glad we did. Carrie and her staff went out of their way to make it a great experience from the banquet room selection to the decorations. Everything was great. They allowed us to add to their decor and to access the room early for a walk through. All the staff was extremely courteous and willing to help with the small details which was very much appreciated. One of the best things how ever was the food. Chef Cesar did a tasting for us and we were amazed the quality of the food. We almost could not decide what to choose. There were a few issues with the front desk receiving communication regarding the block of rooms we had reserved for out of town guest but other than that no complaints. We had a wonderful celebration at this hotel. Thanks to Hotel capital Park!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Lisa S

Dear Lisa S, thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that your parents had such a wonderful anniversary celebration at Hotel Capitol Park. We are pleased that the staff was very courteous and helpful and that Carrie and Chef Caesar went out their way to make it a great experience for you and your parents. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.