“"Great Stay"”

Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park
Ranked #147 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I visited Atlanta on a business trip and I was a bit hesitant to book at this unfamiliar hotel. I took the chances of doing so, I had no regrets whatsoever, great staff especially the front desk. Charmaine, went way above and beyond to take care of her guests, I waited in line to be checked in. The hotel lobby was overcrowded due to rooms not ready/available for check in after 4pm, she acknowledged each and every guest standing in the lobby, very friendly, personable, professional and genuine. I would love to have her work for my company, as a successful business owner, I can tell you that she is a definite keeper.
Way to go Charmaine!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Rosaline B, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Chopki, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate the kind words that you mention about Charmaine, our Front Desk Manager. The staff tries very hard to welcome all of our guests and we are glad you noticed and mentioned her efforts. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,817)

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We were staying here for the Atlanta Gift Mart. Staff was very nice and helpful. Breakfast server Tanya, was especially nice and a young man (cant recall his name) on Sunday night 7-13-14 was super friendly. I could tell he was new, but very eager to please. Great service goes a long way with me!! Although we needed to call down nightly for towels, they were delivered promptly. Its a clean hotel and the shuttle is a great plus. Beats paying to high prices downtown anyday!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Rosaline B, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear nwstroud, thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience. We always appreciate comments from our customers so that we can serve you better. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at Hotel Capitol Park Atlanta, and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed Hotel Capitol Park Atlanta for a Braves Game. The hotel is walking distance to the stadium, Which makes its location great for the game. If you don't want to walk you can take the shuttle- convient and very friendly driver! We took the shuttle to dinner. Our driver recommended Augustines. It was excellent food and service! We also stopped in the hotels Extra Innings Lounge. We were served by Chantal! We enjoyed her great personality (making jokes with the greyhound bus driver, very entertaining) and service. She made the experience most enjoyable! Thanks Chantal!!!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Rosaline B, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Rebekah R, thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience. We always appreciate comments from our customers so that we can serve you better. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at Hotel Capitol Park Atlanta, and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel was not what i call up to par. First they did not have fridges and microwaves available in rooms which I thought was standard at hotels in 2014. There was a leak in the bathroom under the sink which made puddles in the bathroom floor. We had to use the few towels and wash cloths they gave us (only 3 towels and 2 cloths for 4 people) to clean up the puddles. There was one microwave for public use in the whole hotel which was located on the second floor (the hotel has more than 10 floors). Each night we had to ask for towels and washcloths and had to ask twice one particular night. There was no complimentary coffee in the lobby during the morning hours available for guests which again I thought was standard in hotels in 2014. The parking area for checkin was congested and blocked the majority of the time we returned to the hotel so we had trouble getting in and out. There were braves games the entire weekend and they offered parking for braves fans. After arriving to the hotel after dinner, we found limited parking because braves fans were allowed to occupy the guest parking spaces. The elevator was very slow so my family wanted to take the stairs only to find the stairs were outside the hotel and the doors were not secured from outside traffic. The bed size stated queen but they were the smallest queen beds I have ever seen. I would not stay at this hotel again or recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Kimmie W

Dear Kimmie W, thank you for your comments regarding your hotel stay. I am sorry that you were unhappy with our property and I apologize for the challenges you may have faced with the leak in the bathroom, microwave, towels and wash cloths. Our mission is to provide 100% satisfaction to every guest, and it appears that we may have fallen short during your recent stay. . The issues you raised have been documented, and we will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. Our hotel is under renovations and I hope you will visit us again to see our new improvements, and to give us another chance to make things right.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Capitol Park Atlanta so we would be close to Turner Stadium. The location is great. There were a lot of people there and most of them were going to the game. The hotel was in the middle of downtown Atlanta and I could see the Coca Cola Factory from my room. The only thing I did not like was the fact that we were on the 16th floor. Our room had recently been remodel and the bathroom was very nice. Our bed was so comfortable. The decor in the room was nice, but our tv did not work at first and we notified the desk. The man was there within five minutes. The television worked fine once it was plugged in. lol! We ate the buffet breakfast and we had the nicest waitress named Janet. She made our breakfast a very pleasant experience. The coffee was delicious and the manager came by our table and told me it was a new Arabian coffee. Everyone was very polite and courteous. The only thing I could complain about was the rain, but it was not enough to ruin our ballgame trip and watching the Braves beat the Cubs. It was a fantastic time and I would recommend this hotel. They even had a gift shop with a lot of the Atlanta Brave items to choose from.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the lower level if you do not like elevator rides.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jean D

Dear Jean D, thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, here at Hotel Capitol Park. We really appreciate the compliments that you gave about Janet), and are pleased that she provided you with excellent service. Again, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

My family and I stay in this hotel every year when we come to see the braves play ball. This year I noticed the bill was $100 more for our two nights but whatever prices are going up every where and it has changed ownership we were still excited to come because the hotel is within walking distance to the ball park. We get to the hotel and only one room was ready because they messed up the reservation and can't get us the adjoining rooms like we asked for on booking. Getting a king room with connecting double room we were told is "impossible due to recent rennovations". This is a crap go to excuse that we soon realize they use going through the entire weekend. We are a family of 4 and get to our double bed room to see we have only 3 towels. Call down the the front desk 3 times and get no towels. Make 2 trips to the front desk to request extra towels and STILL no towels. The next day I finally get (catch) a cleaning lady outside our room at 6:15 pm and ask for extra towels when they finally get around to cleaning our room. Get back and we get 4 towels total. Not exactly accommodating. After baths and all sharing towels again the power to the room goes out. Takes one hour a phone call and a trip to the front desk at midnight to finally get someone to come flip the breaker. 6am the next morning a mysterious person knocks on the door saying we requested a "wake-up" call which I didn't and never opened the door!! Also on check out morning be prepared to have someone from "housekeeping" knock on your door LOUDLY waking every kid up before 7:00am to give you your bill. They might not have been able to bring me a towel or fix my power but by hell or high water they were going to make sure I got my bill! We will never stay here again. We will stay outside of atlanta if we have to before stepping foot on this site again. One more key of wisdom - if the braves are playing they open their parking lot to the public and anyone can park there. Which means more than likely some moron will scratch your car which they did mine.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Lauren_Woodfin

Dear Lauren_Woodfin,. thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We are very sorry that you were unhappy with our property. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you ever have any questions or comments, or if there is anything we can do to help remedy your experience.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Came to see the braves but visited the bar at hotel Capitol park and didn't wanna leave. Latasha is awesome!!!!! Hotel is great. Staff are all awesome. You can tell they love their jobs. Will stay again and again.

• Stayed: July 2014
Rosaline B, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Jenngogg,

Thank you so much for your glowing review!
I am proud to see our team had such a great impact on your stay and experience; and will be sure to let Latasha know of your compliments.
Our team takes great pride and enjoyment in our jobs - and are glad you enjoyed the hotel as much as we do.

We look forward to having you again soon at Hotel Captiol Park!