“Late check-in and horrible room”

Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park
Ranked #145 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Could not check in until after 4:00 when the line went out the door. Go room, smelled, but went to Turner Field for a game. Returned at 11:00 and the room smelled like a sewer. They did switch our rom, much better, but noticed the staff is very thin and appears to lack costumer service and hotel experience. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Ret2006SGM
Rosaline B, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Ret2006SGM, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your hotel stay. I apologize about the late check-in. We really appreciate your feedback and hope you will give us another chance to make it right. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you ever have any questions or comments, or if there is anything we can do to help remedy your experience.

There are newer reviews for Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Check-in was horrible. We stood in line for 1 hr and 20 minutes. Charmaine, or however you spell it, supposedly the front desk manager was inconsiderate, slow, and not helpful. When asked to match the rate that was available online, we were told that they don't do that. I said sure, she said no. We had a block of rooms reserved for our church group. One individual made a separate reservation with a special hotel card. They accepted it over the phone and made the reservation. They had the reservation, but the card wouldn't work. So they informed us that since she couldn't pay with that card, that she couldn't get the special rate. Even though they had the reservation and rate in the system already. Ridiculous. In the midst of all this, some guy wades through everybody at check in with a toilet seat in his hand that he was holding with a towel. He plopped it between everybody at the check in desk. So the first 2 hours of the ordeal have been a zero if that option was available. Our room does have a door and the window isn't broken, so I guess it's not quite as bad as it could be.

Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank SouthGaTermite

Dear SouthGaTermite, I apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your last visit with us. Unfortunately a number of our regular customers experienced a longer wait time on Friday, due to a large visiting group. We have created a new plan of action that we believe will prevent this mistake from happening in the future. I apologize for the distress this may have caused you. Again, thank you again for your comments, and we hope to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Very nice view of downtown Atlanta. Very nice service, people were very friendly. Secure parking. Rooms were great the beds were awesome, wish I had a bed at home that comfortable.Overall lovely hotel would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Christina W, thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience. We always appreciate comments from our customers so that we can serve you better. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at Hotel Capitol Park Atlanta, and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I visited Atlanta on a business trip and I was a bit hesitant to book at this unfamiliar hotel. I took the chances of doing so, I had no regrets whatsoever, great staff especially the front desk. Charmaine, went way above and beyond to take care of her guests, I waited in line to be checked in. The hotel lobby was overcrowded due to rooms not ready/available for check in after 4pm, she acknowledged each and every guest standing in the lobby, very friendly, personable, professional and genuine. I would love to have her work for my company, as a successful business owner, I can tell you that she is a definite keeper.
Way to go Charmaine!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Rosaline B, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Chopki, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate the kind words that you mention about Charmaine, our Front Desk Manager. The staff tries very hard to welcome all of our guests and we are glad you noticed and mentioned her efforts. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We were staying here for the Atlanta Gift Mart. Staff was very nice and helpful. Breakfast server Tanya, was especially nice and a young man (cant recall his name) on Sunday night 7-13-14 was super friendly. I could tell he was new, but very eager to please. Great service goes a long way with me!! Although we needed to call down nightly for towels, they were delivered promptly. Its a clean hotel and the shuttle is a great plus. Beats paying to high prices downtown anyday!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Rosaline B, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear nwstroud, thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience. We always appreciate comments from our customers so that we can serve you better. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at Hotel Capitol Park Atlanta, and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed Hotel Capitol Park Atlanta for a Braves Game. The hotel is walking distance to the stadium, Which makes its location great for the game. If you don't want to walk you can take the shuttle- convient and very friendly driver! We took the shuttle to dinner. Our driver recommended Augustines. It was excellent food and service! We also stopped in the hotels Extra Innings Lounge. We were served by Chantal! We enjoyed her great personality (making jokes with the greyhound bus driver, very entertaining) and service. She made the experience most enjoyable! Thanks Chantal!!!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Rosaline B, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Rebekah R, thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience. We always appreciate comments from our customers so that we can serve you better. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at Hotel Capitol Park Atlanta, and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel was not what i call up to par. First they did not have fridges and microwaves available in rooms which I thought was standard at hotels in 2014. There was a leak in the bathroom under the sink which made puddles in the bathroom floor. We had to use the few towels and wash cloths they gave us (only 3 towels and 2 cloths for 4 people) to clean up the puddles. There was one microwave for public use in the whole hotel which was located on the second floor (the hotel has more than 10 floors). Each night we had to ask for towels and washcloths and had to ask twice one particular night. There was no complimentary coffee in the lobby during the morning hours available for guests which again I thought was standard in hotels in 2014. The parking area for checkin was congested and blocked the majority of the time we returned to the hotel so we had trouble getting in and out. There were braves games the entire weekend and they offered parking for braves fans. After arriving to the hotel after dinner, we found limited parking because braves fans were allowed to occupy the guest parking spaces. The elevator was very slow so my family wanted to take the stairs only to find the stairs were outside the hotel and the doors were not secured from outside traffic. The bed size stated queen but they were the smallest queen beds I have ever seen. I would not stay at this hotel again or recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Kimmie W

Dear Kimmie W, thank you for your comments regarding your hotel stay. I am sorry that you were unhappy with our property and I apologize for the challenges you may have faced with the leak in the bathroom, microwave, towels and wash cloths. Our mission is to provide 100% satisfaction to every guest, and it appears that we may have fallen short during your recent stay. . The issues you raised have been documented, and we will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. Our hotel is under renovations and I hope you will visit us again to see our new improvements, and to give us another chance to make things right.