“Friendly staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #143 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Jacksons Gap, Alabama
“Friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

I took my wife and son into town for the game on Friday, we arrived at the hotel around 5pm. there were people every where, some were shouting at the ladies at the front desk. One particular lady was extremely ticked off I believe once the manager told her she was unable to use someone else's card that was not present, I was totally impressed how the young woman dealt with her drama. She was smiling the entire time and was very generous, my wife was so impressed she went and got her a cup of juice. We both agreed that she was the most friendly and patient person we have met in a long time. The view to the city was wonderful, the restaurant staff were great. When we got to the room our bed was made, the linens had stains on them, we called the front desk for towels and to my surprise it was the same young woman that helped us checked in earlier. Charmine was excellent, she was every where, very quick to delivery the towels and change our sheets. She made our long wait and dirty room went away by her great personality and good service. Thanks to the staff, our stay was very nice we will be back.
Thanks

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rosaline B, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear BenP900i, Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We really appreciate the comments that you gave about one of our staff (Charmaine). Our mission is to provide 100% satisfaction to every guest every time, and we make every effort to make sure that or guests are taken care. I apologize about the sheets and towels, but I am glad that Charmaine was everywhere and that she took good care of you and your family. I am pleased that you had such a nice view of the city, and that the restaurant staff met your expectations. Again, thank you for staying we us, and we hope you will come back to see us soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Booked a room for my son for 139.00 per night. When checking in they charged him 169.00 plus 25.00 incidental charges. They would not admit their employee error until I produced the email confirmation with the 139.00 rate, then it was oh so sorry we see the correct rate now. We are still waiting for the 60.00 credit on our credit card. In addition to trying to overcharge for room, the room wasn't ready, walked into both beds unmade and nasty bathroom, and this was after 5 in the afternoon, check in was 4.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank crobert58
Dear Crobert58, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We are very sorry that you were unhappy with our property. I apologize that the room was not ready, the beds were not made and the bathroom was not clean. I am concerned about the additional charge on your bill. This is not a standard practice of ours and may have been a system glitch. Please contact me directly so that I can take a look at your hotel bill. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience.

Travellers are raving about these Atlanta hotels

Greensboro, Ga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for over two months on business and have nothing but good things to say from the front desk, house keeping, restaurant, and last but not lest the bar. All of the staff are friendly and approachable. Pat from the front desk is excellent. The bartenders, Tasha, Chantel, and Julius are very knowledgable and friendly. They made the hotel really fell like a home away from home. Would recommend this hotel a hundred over.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Lilman711, thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. I am so glad that the staff made your stay feels like a home away from home. We are so glad you chose to stay with us when there are so many other options, and more pleased that we were able to meet or exceed your needs during your stay. We really appreciate the compliments that you gave about our staff, and are pleased that they provided you with excellent service. Again, thank you for your comments, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Atlanta area.
Huston, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

Check in with my friends to celebrate my birthday, walking in the door really seems impossible, and overwhelming. The front desk staff did an amazing job with the crowd, I think her name was Sharmaine was wonderful by giving us drink coupon to calm everyone down. I sure hope she's getting some type of appreciations for everything I saw yesterday, she took care of the angry people waiting for their room, she did a fantastic job, great smile and friendly even though she got called out of her names. You have a wonderful team at your hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Jessica L, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. Every Guest is a valued guest, and we were delighted to be your chosen hotel during your recent stay. Thank you for mentioning that one of our team members (Charmaine) was very helpful and friendly. The staff tries very hard to welcome all of our guests and we are glad you noticed and mentioned her efforts. Again, thank you for your kind remarks and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Atlanta area.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

Could not check in until after 4:00 when the line went out the door. Go room, smelled, but went to Turner Field for a game. Returned at 11:00 and the room smelled like a sewer. They did switch our rom, much better, but noticed the staff is very thin and appears to lack costumer service and hotel experience. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Ret2006SGM
Dear Ret2006SGM, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your hotel stay. I apologize about the late check-in. We really appreciate your feedback and hope you will give us another chance to make it right. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you ever have any questions or comments, or if there is anything we can do to help remedy your experience.
Naylor
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Check-in was horrible. We stood in line for 1 hr and 20 minutes. Charmaine, or however you spell it, supposedly the front desk manager was inconsiderate, slow, and not helpful. When asked to match the rate that was available online, we were told that they don't do that. I said sure, she said no. We had a block of rooms reserved for our church group. One individual made a separate reservation with a special hotel card. They accepted it over the phone and made the reservation. They had the reservation, but the card wouldn't work. So they informed us that since she couldn't pay with that card, that she couldn't get the special rate. Even though they had the reservation and rate in the system already. Ridiculous. In the midst of all this, some guy wades through everybody at check in with a toilet seat in his hand that he was holding with a towel. He plopped it between everybody at the check in desk. So the first 2 hours of the ordeal have been a zero if that option was available. Our room does have a door and the window isn't broken, so I guess it's not quite as bad as it could be.

Stayed July 2014
4 Thank SouthGaTermite
Dear SouthGaTermite, I apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your last visit with us. Unfortunately a number of our regular customers experienced a longer wait time on Friday, due to a large visiting group. We have created a new plan of action that we believe will prevent this mistake from happening in the future. I apologize for the distress this may have caused you. Again, thank you again for your comments, and we hope to serve you again soon.
Augusta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Very nice view of downtown Atlanta. Very nice service, people were very friendly. Secure parking. Rooms were great the beds were awesome, wish I had a bed at home that comfortable.Overall lovely hotel would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Christina W, thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience. We always appreciate comments from our customers so that we can serve you better. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at Hotel Capitol Park Atlanta, and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit