“Terrible Service”

Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park
Ranked #145 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
“Terrible Service”
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I came down with another couple to go to a Braves game. Our friends checked in the night before us and when they got to their room had a dirty towel in the bathroom, water in the tub and the bed was not made and had to switch rooms. It took myself and many others an hour to check in on Saturday because they would not check anyone in until 4 even though the website and book in the room say it is at 3, so the lobby was packed. When I tried to check in earlier they told me my room was not ready before they even asked my name. It makes sense to me to try and check people in when rooms are ready so that you don't have a lobby packed with pissed off people when they have to stand in line for an hour. The service was absolutely the worst I have had at any hotel and as soon as the Braves move from across the street, this hotel will immediately go out of business. For now, you are better off staying at the Comfort Inn if you have to stay close to the stadium.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brian B
Rosaline B, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Brian B, thank you for your feedback regarding your visit at our hotel. I am very sorry about the dirty towels in the bathroom, water in the tub and the bed not being made and that you had to switch rooms. Our mission is to provide 100% satisfaction to every guest every time. It appears that we may have fallen short during your stay. The issues you have raised have been documented, and we will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. Our hotel is under renovations and I hope you will visit us again to see our new improvements, and to give us another chance to make things right.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The only, and I mean only thing this hotel has going for it is the proximity to Turner Field. Our check in was 2.5 hours late because the rooms were not ready. On Friday night 7/25, people were waiting to check in for 1.5 hours to be told there rooms were not ready. The room were not ready because the cleaning crew was moving at a snails pace all while texting on their phones. We had people from our group request towels on Thursday night and by Saturday morning had still not received a clean towel despite numerous requests to the front desk.The breakfast at the hotel restaurant was equivalent to a continental breakfast everywhere else and they charge $17 for it. The issues must reside with the management, they obviously do not care about the product they are putting out. I have stayed at hotels around the world and I have never seen a hotel operated with less care than I witnessed here. I am shocked at all the 4 and 5 star reviews. I will not recommend this hotel under any circumstance.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Ben M
Dear Ben M, thank you so much for sharing your comments. We appreciate your feedback and are constantly striving for complete guest satisfaction. I regret that we were not successful during your stay. The issues you have raised have been documented, and we will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. Again thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Travellers are raving about these Atlanta hotels

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This is by far the worst hotel I have EVER stayed in. Please don't be fooled by the pictures on the hotel website, as the actual hotel looks NOTHING like the images. The staff is rude and lazy, and has no concept of customer service. Go ahead and plan on AT LEAST an hour wait for your 4 o'clock check-in. If you'll be attending a Braves game, I would definitely come the day before to ensure you're able to check into the hotel and make it to the game in time to enjoy the festivities. The hotel breakfast is ridiculous and a complete rip-off ($20 for a continental breakfast?!?) - save your money and just run to Chik-fil-A where you can get great food AND great service. I would recommend bringing some extra towels with you as the staff is less than willing to provide extras, and I would also suggest bringing along some Lysol as the bathrooms needed some additional attention.

Save yourself the trouble and just book a room at one of the nice hotels away from the stadium. You'll be so glad you saved yourself the headache of dealing with this JOKE of a hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Traveler688
Dear Traveler688, thank you for your comments regarding your hotel stay. We are very sorry that you were unhappy with our property and that we did not meet your expectations. I apologize for the challenges you may have faced with the breakfast. Your concerns have been documented and we will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and we hope to see you again soon.
Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed 28 July 2014

we booked 3 rooms online and when we arrived at 4:30 there was 3 long lines to check in and then when we finally got to desk were told rooms not ready and wouldnt have roooms till prob after the braves game was over. they did finally get 1 of our rroms so at least we could change for game. kind of tight all 10 of us in one room trying to change. after game we are tired and miserable just want a shower and bed. we get other 2 rooms on seperate floor from first room but whatever. one room smelled funny and the other had used soap in shower and other soap was open and floors nasty. the front desk supervisor just kept saying housekeeping the problem and was not at all helpful to all the people that came in to relax. no discount or anything. will not stay again

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Kasey F, thank you for your feedback regarding your visit at our hotel. I am very sorry you were unhappy with our property. Our mission is to provide 100% satisfaction to every guest every time. It appears that we may have fallen short during your stay. The issues you have raised have been documented, and we will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. We are renovating all our guest rooms, and I hope you will visit us again, to see our new improvements, and to give us another chance to make things right.
Lakeland
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This is the worst hotel that I have ever stayed in! The staff is incredibly rude! Upon arrival we found our room had a dirty wash cloth in the bathroom floor and the ice bucket was filled with melted ice! We had to make several trips to the front desk for things that are generally standard in hotel rooms, such as towels an toilet paper! The carpet looked so dirty that I would not take off my shoes! Absolutely the worst hotel experience that I have ever had!

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Campcreeker, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent hotel stay. I apologize for the rudeness of staff and the dirty washcloth on the bathroom floor. Our mission is to provide 100% guest satisfaction and it appears that we may have fallen short during your stay. The issues you raised have been documented and we will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. Again, thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again, the next time your travels bring you to the Atlanta area.
Jacksons Gap, Alabama
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I took my wife and son into town for the game on Friday, we arrived at the hotel around 5pm. there were people every where, some were shouting at the ladies at the front desk. One particular lady was extremely ticked off I believe once the manager told her she was unable to use someone else's card that was not present, I was totally impressed how the young woman dealt with her drama. She was smiling the entire time and was very generous, my wife was so impressed she went and got her a cup of juice. We both agreed that she was the most friendly and patient person we have met in a long time. The view to the city was wonderful, the restaurant staff were great. When we got to the room our bed was made, the linens had stains on them, we called the front desk for towels and to my surprise it was the same young woman that helped us checked in earlier. Charmine was excellent, she was every where, very quick to delivery the towels and change our sheets. She made our long wait and dirty room went away by her great personality and good service. Thanks to the staff, our stay was very nice we will be back.
Thanks

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear BenP900i, Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We really appreciate the comments that you gave about one of our staff (Charmaine). Our mission is to provide 100% satisfaction to every guest every time, and we make every effort to make sure that or guests are taken care. I apologize about the sheets and towels, but I am glad that Charmaine was everywhere and that she took good care of you and your family. I am pleased that you had such a nice view of the city, and that the restaurant staff met your expectations. Again, thank you for staying we us, and we hope you will come back to see us soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Booked a room for my son for 139.00 per night. When checking in they charged him 169.00 plus 25.00 incidental charges. They would not admit their employee error until I produced the email confirmation with the 139.00 rate, then it was oh so sorry we see the correct rate now. We are still waiting for the 60.00 credit on our credit card. In addition to trying to overcharge for room, the room wasn't ready, walked into both beds unmade and nasty bathroom, and this was after 5 in the afternoon, check in was 4.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank crobert58
Dear Crobert58, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We are very sorry that you were unhappy with our property. I apologize that the room was not ready, the beds were not made and the bathroom was not clean. I am concerned about the additional charge on your bill. This is not a standard practice of ours and may have been a system glitch. Please contact me directly so that I can take a look at your hotel bill. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience.