“Friendliest hotel staff EVER!”

Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park
Ranked #147 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My husband & I stayed here Friday, August 8, 2014 for our 6th anniversary. We left early after being called by Hospice to come home because my father in law had taken a turn for the worse. We had been gone from the hotel maybe 5 minutes when we called to tell them we were on the way (2.5 hour drive) and we were told that it was too late. After sitting on the side of the road for about 20 minutes & being told by Hospice there was nothing we needed to do, we decided to go back & ask if there was somewhere in the hotel that we could sit in private & make phone calls & decide what we needed to do next. To make a long story short, not only did they take us to the restaurant to a private booth & feed us breakfast, but also gave us the key to our room back so that we could have a totally private area to call other loved ones. While, yes, this is an older property, the staff were so awesome & kind to us. We will definitely stay here again if in the Atlanta area.
Thanks Patrick (front desk) & Tanya (restaurant) for your kindness, along with other staff members also.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Rosaline B, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Melissa080808, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience. We are very pleased that you and your husband chose our hotel for your lodging needs to celebrate your 6th anniversary. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your father-in-law. The staff and I send our condolences. I am so please that Patrick and Tanya were so accommodating and helpful to you and your husband, and that they were able to provide you the privacy you needed, to reach out to your love ones. The staff tries very hard to welcome all of our guests, and we are glad you noticed and mentioned their efforts. Again thank you for the positive comments, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,749)

Reviewed 7 August 2014

While the Capitol Park is an impressive-looking structure of a hotel, it leaves a bad taste in your mouth. It is not a place to stay if you're expecting peace and quiet or efficiency. I found it a bit disturbing being called sweetie by the restaurant staff. The staffer, Ms. Kalus, was the exception. Two other people to mention are Mr. Dominique Jackson and Mrs. Troylynn Sims, both at the reception desk. These guys were the most helpful and obliging in all things.

Management is lacking with this hotel. It seems the staff is way under trained while most have a friendly disposition. Also, this is a place for the young and wild. Sleep isn't the easiest thing to achieve here.

Room Tip: Hopefully you don't get a jack n jill room.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Rosaline B, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear PGTStJul, thank you so much for sharing your comments. We appreciate your feedback and are constantly striving for complete guest satisfaction. I regret that we were not successful during your stay. We really appreciate your feedback and hope you will give us another chance to make it right. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you ever have any questions or comments, or if there is anything we can do to help remedy your experience.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Shacarae was best there. waited 2hours in line f0r check in promised joining rooms for my special needs brother and I also refrig fof my insulin which I did not get either until the next day never got the joining rooms. why make reservations? I do not drink, free drink did not stop me from running my legs off to take care of my brother nor did it keep my insulin cool. I will never stay there again and will make sure all be aware of Capitol Hotel and there promises, AR

Room Tip: no tips due to very unsatisfied stay from the stand in line to no joining roomsto no refrif
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Rosaline B, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Angie R, thank you for your comments regarding your hotel stay. I sorry for the long wait that you endured while trying to check in and that you did not get the joining rooms and refrigerator you were promised. I apologize for the challenges you may have faced. Our mission is to provide 100% satisfaction to every guest, and it appears that we may have fallen short during your recent stay. The issues you raised have been documented, and we will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. Again, thank you for your review, and we hope you will come back to visit us soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is a noisy hotel. You not only hear your neighbours, but you also feel their movements. Noise in the corridors adds to the nightmare. Definetely, a place to avoid if you need to sleep. The restaurant has no table clothes, and the room service is not functional at all. It is definetely not a value for money. On the top, it seems that ladies of the night are among the clients. The staff at the reception is nice and accomodating, but can't compesate for the poor management.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Yvensavoie

Dear Yvensavoie, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We are very sorry that you were unhappy with our property. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. Our hotel is currently being renovated and I hope you will stay with us again soon, and tell us what you think about our improvements.

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I will not stay here again. The rate was slightly cheaper than hotels closer to downtown (we were in town or an event at the World Congress Center), but after the unexpected $18 per night for parking, we'd probably have been better off spending the extra money and staying closer. This hotel is not nice enough to charge that much for parking. Checkin was a nightmare with the supervisor apparently being the only one who could do anything and she kept tending to matters other than the customer right in front of her. The staff is incredibly unhelpful, and housekeeping never came to do anything. Save the money and the headache and stay somewhere else.

Stayed: August 2014
Rosaline B, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Wgrice 14, thank you for your comments regarding your hotel stay. We are very sorry that you were unhappy with our property and that we did not meet your expectations. Parking charges are standard for downtown Atlanta hotels. We do our best to ensure that our parking charges are listed on the websites that we manage and I apologize if that information was missed. I am so sorry that you experienced such a long wait at check-in and that the staff was not helpful at all. Our mission is to provide 100% satisfaction to every guest every time. It appears that we may have fallen short during your stay. The issues you have raised have been documented, and we will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I stayed at this property for 3 nights in July. It was very busy and there was a little delay in checking in but the staff at the front desk offered me a drink and apologized for the delay. The room was comfortable and the staff at the bar were also friendly. The lady at the Front Desk, I believe her name was Charmaine, she seemed to be very efficient and was always on the ball. The free Wi-Fi was important to my stay and the wake up calls were always on time. Be sure to visit the roof top pool deck - the view is amazing!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Nikki W, thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, here at Hotel Capitol Park. We really appreciate the compliments that you gave about our staff, and are pleased that they provided you with excellent service. I am so glad that you enjoyed the roof top pool and the amazing view. Again, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I stay at the Capital Park Hotel for two night and it was the best experience I have had in a very long time. The service was excellent. The restaurant supervisor, Shacarae, went above and beyond to make sure I was satisfied. The staff at the front desk was so pleasant, It made me feel I was am a celebrity (I wish). I am very happy with my decision to stay at this wonderful hotel.

Thanks very much.

Room Tip: Select a room with the view of the city. It is really pretty.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear Sonia T, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We are pleased that we were able to meet your expectations and that Shacarae, went above and beyond to make you feel like you were a celebrity. Again thank you for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.