“DONT WASTE TIME HERE”

Ranked #147 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Ridgeland, South Carolina
“DONT WASTE TIME HERE”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Stayed here at Hotel Capitol Park which is known as Ramada Plaza now and it was totally bad experience. Front Desk staff was extremely nice but everybody else in the hotel was extremely rude. My room was beyond nasty hair was left in my tub, trash underneath the bed, and it was quite dusty. I stopped one of the maids in the hallway and they was extremely rude. Then, I heard the lady Minny and some other maid talking about me in the hallway. I stayed on the 6th floor and the whole floor smelled like mildew and we had mold growing on the ceiling so I immediately knew it was time for me to find somewhere else to stay. All the hotels in the surrounding areas was sold out so we had to stay here another night. The next day I asked the maid to clean my room when I leave and the girl refused to clean my room at all because she said she don't have my room. I couldn't take no more I had to end my trip to Atlanta short once again due to a bad experience. This shouldn't be considered a hotel they should consider this a 20 story Motel 6.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

First time at this hotel. I don't have any negative thing to say about this Hotel. Had an amazing view from my room 923. They offer a shuttle service 3 miles radios. You can easily walk; well if you are like me. You can walk to Garnett Station and go to the mall.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Rosaline B, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Botonrodriguez, thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I am so glad that you had such an amazing view of the city from your 9th floor window. Again, thank you for comments and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Old Bridge, New Jersey
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Not a totally bad hotel, lobby is nice...and cold! Rooms need updating. Hot water took half an hour to find our room. No one cleaned our room the whole 3 day stay. Reservations are a NIGHTMARE! quadruple check and even then bring proof. Other than that, breakfast was good. Drinks on the terrace watching people going to the Braves game was really nice. FYI, this hotel is right near the stadium, they close the street to a one way, so kind of a pain getting back in. Nice pool. Parking is high here $18 a day, which is not stated. Recommend for a short stay.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Rosaline B, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Venus W, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your last visit with us. Parking charges are standard for downtown Atlanta hotels. We do our best to ensure that our parking charges are listed on the websites that we manage and I apologize if that information was missed. The issues you have raised have been documented, and we will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. Our hotel is under renovations, and I hope you will visit us again to see our new improvements, and to give us another chance to make things right.
Two Rivers, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Had really bad day. Dominique, Sydonnie and Marcus really help me getting thought all my issue and help make the stay better. My family was in bad car accident that day. So I was not thinking right and they help me get thought issue that night and in the morning Marcus help us the next day better.

Room Tip: the staff is one of the best I have seen in a long time! Been in lots hotels. The staff care and w...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Rosaline B, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Rob0227, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. Every Guest is a valued guest, and we were delighted to be your chosen hotel during your recent stay. I am so sorry to hear that you family was in a car accident, I hope everyone is okay. Thank you for mentioning that our team members (Sydonnie, Dominique and Marcus) were very helpful and helped you get through a rough day. The staff tries very hard to welcome all of our guests and we are glad you noticed and mentioned their efforts. Again, thank you for your kind remarks and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Atlanta area.
Atlanta
Reviewed 16 August 2014

This was my first time eating at Rockfish Grille. I was with a friend who comes regularly. We both had the breakfast buffet. The food was amazing. Our server was Tanya. She was professional and polite. Melody also was nice and accommodating as she was who sat us. Shacarae (the supervisor) was friendly and helpful. Thank you to all I have mentioned for a great experience. I salute the chefs as well!

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Jjrn1814, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. It is great that you had a wonderful stay with us and enjoyed the buffet in the Rockfish Grille. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We hope you will come back to visit us again soon.
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 14 August 2014

The Capitol Park used to be a Holiday Inn and is now a Ramada, the place where hotels apparently go to die. The hotel is in a great location in downtown Atlanta, as it is within two blocks of Turner Field, home of the Atlanta Braves. It's not close to much else, however. We found the staff to be very friendly, helpful, and accommodating. We had a 12:00 noon luncheon at the 755 Club at the stadium and, much to our surprise, were able to check in at 11:30 AM. The hotel itself, though, is a little worn around the edges. There were holes in the curtains, broken snaps on the shower curtain, and worse, a HUGE stain on the chair. The rate was reasonable, $109 a night, and the Wi-Fi was pretty fast and, even better, free. Too, the room was not cramped and the bed was comfortable. All in all it was average. If you're going to a Braves games and want to be able to walk to the stadium, stay here. Of course, when they move the stadium to Cobb County in 2016...

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Rosaline B, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Davenport_50, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that you think that our hotel is in a great location and that our staff is friendly, helpful and accommodating. The staff tries very hard to well all of our guests and we are glad that you noticed their efforts. . I am glad that you enjoyed the free Wi-Fi and that it was pretty fast. I am pleased that you were able to check in early, and that your room was not cramped and that the bed was comfortable. I apologize for the holes in the curtain, broken snaps on the shower curtain and a stain on the chair. The issues you have raised have been documented, and we will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. We are in the process of renovating all our guest rooms, and I hope you will visit us again, to see our new improvements, and to give us another chance to make things right.
Dublin, Georgia
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My husband & I stayed here Friday, August 8, 2014 for our 6th anniversary. We left early after being called by Hospice to come home because my father in law had taken a turn for the worse. We had been gone from the hotel maybe 5 minutes when we called to tell them we were on the way (2.5 hour drive) and we were told that it was too late. After sitting on the side of the road for about 20 minutes & being told by Hospice there was nothing we needed to do, we decided to go back & ask if there was somewhere in the hotel that we could sit in private & make phone calls & decide what we needed to do next. To make a long story short, not only did they take us to the restaurant to a private booth & feed us breakfast, but also gave us the key to our room back so that we could have a totally private area to call other loved ones. While, yes, this is an older property, the staff were so awesome & kind to us. We will definitely stay here again if in the Atlanta area.
Thanks Patrick (front desk) & Tanya (restaurant) for your kindness, along with other staff members also.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Rosaline B, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Atlanta Downtown Capitol Park, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Melissa080808, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience. We are very pleased that you and your husband chose our hotel for your lodging needs to celebrate your 6th anniversary. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your father-in-law. The staff and I send our condolences. I am so please that Patrick and Tanya were so accommodating and helpful to you and your husband, and that they were able to provide you the privacy you needed, to reach out to your love ones. The staff tries very hard to welcome all of our guests, and we are glad you noticed and mentioned their efforts. Again thank you for the positive comments, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.