“Let's Do It Again...”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Atlanta/Perimeter Center
Ranked #134 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 5 December 2011

This hotel/inn was peaceful. The set up was great: mini living room area and then the bed, with a small fridge and microwave. The staff was pleasant. I have not gripes, complaints whatsoever. It's by a nice strip mall with a grocery store and a few eateries and the mall is just around the corner. I definitley would stay here again.

Room Tip: They don't offer a complimentary breakfast...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Atlanta/Perimeter Center

Reviewed 15 September 2011

I stayed in this hotel 3 times during 3 consecutive weeks, for a total of 9 days. Clean, but the housekeeping is not the best. They frequently forget to replenish coffee, towels, and amenities and often fail to even bother rinsing out a used coffee pot. The front desk staff are friendly. Unfortunately, on my last night in the hotel, I was eaten alive by bed bugs -- my neck, arms, and back were covered in those tell-tale, itchy red welts in linear patterns. In my other visits, I stayed on the 3rd and 4th floors; this occurred on the 2nd floor. Management wasn't the least bit sympathetic. Needless to say, I will not stay here ever again.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, stay off the second floor.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Chas H
QualityAssurance4U, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Atlanta/Perimeter Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2011

This is the General Manager of the Microtel Inn & Suites and I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you incurred during your stay. If you don’t mind I would like to speak with you regarding your last stay with us. I would love for you to stay at our property again so we can wow you and provide the service that you deserve. Thank you and hope to hear from you soon!

Reviewed 1 September 2011

As I entered the door, I could feel the warmth coming through the lobby. The hotel rep. Sophia was a comfort in my time of need. I am grateful for her excellent customer service.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 August 2011

I stayed at the Microtel for 4 weeks on business and the manager was generous enough to give me a long term discount. During the stay the staff made freshly baked chocolate chip cookies Every night. They were great! The pool was nice, the staff and the manager made me feel at home. I would definitly recommend this property.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I got a really good deal at this hotel and had a coupon. I made my decision based entirely on the fact that the pool got sun late in the day since I was in a class during the day. The location is close to the mall, restaurants, train, and a major business campus (King and Queen Buildings). It is lower end, but really has everything you need for a solo business traveler. The room was tiny, but that's what Microtel means. It was fine for me. It would have been way too small if my husband had come with me (like a cruise ship cabin). They do have suites, I just didn't need one. Has a microwave and fridge and free continental breakfast. The lighting was really bad for reading, studying, etc. I would say it was like a hospital room, but It also has a full wall of mirrors! The TV kind of teeters on top of the wardrobe and there is a window seat area. The AC was good, and there was iron, ironing board, and a hairdryer. The bed was really comfortable as are the pillows. The "business center" computer was very slow and the thermostat was broken in that room so it was hot. Workout room ok. It is a non-smoking hotel, but you can smoke outside. The pool had algae the first couple of days (but it was August in Georgia), then they cleaned it. Front desk was always nice and let me have a late checkout, so I could take my test and then come back and get my stuff out of the room. I felt it was perfect for my purposes and I was able to spend time at the pool in the afternoon. It is in a safe area with good restaurants nearby. I was comfortable walking in the area. Overall, it was really a value.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Mexilady
Reviewed 24 July 2011

Was very pleased with this hotel, Continental breakfast vas good and the pool was very nice. Location was great, just a few minutes from all the shopping and may great eateries. Will be back to this one again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2011

I stayed at this hotel for four weeks during a relocation for a job. The hotel staff was extremely professional and friendly. The hotel itself is not luxurious or brand-new; however, it is clean, well maintained, and great for the business or leisure traveler. My room had a small refrigerator and kitchenette area with a sink and microwave. I was able to prepare simple meals and reheat leftovers. The king bed was comfortable and the furniture and bathroom were nice also. I had two televisions in my room and a couch. I have read some reviews about this property that are negative but you have to realize that this hotel is less than half the price of similar "suite" and "extended stay" properties in the same area. It is true that the breakfast is very basic but you can get some cereal, coffee, yogurt, bagel, or muffin and be on your way. Use the $$ you save on the room to eat a nice breakfast in a restaurant if that is important.

I highly recommend this hotel. I enjoyed my stay and it was very relaxing and allowed me to focus on my new job.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite. It is a much bigger room.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Biztraveler30000
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Perimeter - Crestline
Hampton Inn Atlanta-Perimeter Center
Quality Inn Northlake
Quality Inn Northlake
#109 of 172 in Atlanta

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Atlanta/Perimeter Center? Share your experiences!