“Good hotel at great price”

Comfort Inn Atlanta Downtown South
Ranked #138 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Louisville, Kentucky
“Good hotel at great price”
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed at this hotel during the SEC basketball tournament. It was hard finding a downtown room during that weekend especially for under 100.00. We were pleasantly surprised. The room was spacious and clean, good bed and great staff.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Markyp63

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Polish first
California, Kentucky
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I was returning from Florida to KY during April 5th-6th. I had made reservations for a stay on the way to FL at a different place but did not have return reservations. I just figured I could find somewhere. I was mistaken. Turns out this is a big travel week... There were conventions going on and I could not find a room from the south side of Macon to Atlanta. It was 2am and I was the only driver with 4 kids with me! I needed sleep! Finally, I stopped at Comfort Inn Downtown South in Atlanta and like all the other hotels, they had no vacancy. Christopher, a 3rd shift worker, helped me find vacancy at another hotel when the search seemed impossible. Christopher found a hotel and gave me directions! I was so happy! Oh, I almost forgot to say... Mormons are Awesome!!!! Thanks Christopher!!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2014

If you want a luxury hotel, then pay for one. If you don't want to pay for one, this is roughly what you get. There was nothing really wrong with it. Slightly dated decor, but it seemed clean and functional. Had a fridge and microwave in the room, which was good, and a good quality TV. Breakfast was substantial and nice, and the staff we met whilst there were all really helpful and funny- even when there was a power-cut during the evening we were there! Staff definitely a plus.

Only problem is the location- fine for Americans with cars, not so good for Brits without. Only one bar/bbq place nearby, so anything social would require a drive, one way or another. Only just over a mile from downtown, but not an ideal walk, though we tried it the next day to sightsee. But they let you order takeaway to the room, so what can be done to help is done.

So don't worry staying here, but also don't think this counts as a city-centre hotel; if you arrive by public transport, not really easy to arrive/depart with luggage without a car. But otherwise, a fairly standard budget chain hotel with nice staff.

Room Tip: We had the one room opposite the ice vending machine. This was very noisy, and the hummin was clearl...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 February 2014

This was the worst hotel my family has ever stayed at. The area was very noisy due to highway traffic. The air-conditioning in our first room didn't work. The water in the shower had to run 15 minutes before ever getting hot. The bathrooms were stained and grungy (to include the walls). The rooms are in need of remodeling and decorating. The only positive for the room was the mattresses were comfortable. Though the staff gave telephone numbers for cabs (Omar and Yellow Rapid), they either didn't answer or they simply didn't want to drive in the traffic to bring us back to the hotel (we were at the Georgia Dome). My family had to walk back to the hotel from the Georgia Dome at midnight!! Not the greatest of neighborhoods! Very dirty, very dark, very scary and people were simply unwilling to help. This includes the Atlanta Police Department!

Word of warning, if you ever stay in that area, just drive to the venue. You may have to deal with a little bit of traffic and pay a disgusting amount for parking, but it's better than dealing with the rude cab companies and walking in the bad neighborhood. We were informed that the Dome would be littered with cabs for the trip back. This was untrue. And the few that we were able to speak with about taking us back, refused. Apparently, they didn't want to make $20.00 for a 3 mile drive. I thought that's how they made their living???

The only other positive about this hotel is - if you are a baseball fan and like the Braves - the stadium is only a half-block walk away from this horrible hotel.

We will not be making any trips back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jkp04
Enoch D, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Atlanta Downtown South, responded to this review, 2 September 2016
jkp04,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our hotel and your experiences during your stay. Since your stay we have made many improvements and continue the effort to continuously elevate our level of service. We have completed a full renovation on our rooms and the hotel as a whole. I hope you will stay with us again and experience the positive changes we have made during your next visit to Atlanta. Again, thank you for your comments, all feedback is used to help improve our efforts to build our hotel staff and product into a destination guests look forward to visiting.

Best Regards,

Enoch D.

Travellers are raving about these Atlanta hotels

Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 30 January 2014

After being stuck in the terrible traffic I would like to thank the hotel and the staff especially little lady name Shaune for helping me and my family. Although people can be very rude and mean she handled us with a loving and caring arms. Again thank you Ms. Shaune.We pray you also made it home to your family. I suggest you go to Comfort Inn where you to can meet Shaune.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank angela s
Atlanta
Reviewed 15 January 2014

The staff of this hotel was very nice and helpful, however, the rooms were in need of a good cleaning. The bathtub needed a good scrubbing - it was basically brown from water and soap build-up, and the AC filter was really dirty. The décor was rather dated, and when we tried to use the microwave to heat food, it did not work and we had to go to the main floor to use the lobby microwave - very inconvenient after a long day!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Katina B
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 3 January 2014

It was really close to turner field so if you are going for a baseball game it's perfect. Not far from other major tourist sites. The room was sufficient the first room we had smelled like smoke although it was a non smoking and they quickly relocated us to another room. Breakfast was ok nothing fancy. The best part of the stay was the staff. A man accused me of scratching his car in the parking lot and it was clearly evident I hadn't and the staff came out and looked. When the guy sent me away the staff was kind enough to call me back and let me know that the man didn't file a report and that it rubbed right off. This was all after I had already checked out so I was no longer a customer. I truly appreciated the wonderful staff.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple