“I was a little shocked”

Comfort Inn Atlanta Downtown South
Ranked #134 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I went on a road trip with my 11 and 13 year old recently and stayed at this hotel. When I drove into the parking lot I honestly had to wonder what I had done and what I was in for. Luckily the hotel was nicer on the inside than it was on the outside. The neighbourhood is a little worrisome, I wouldn't be walking at night around Turner Field to begin with. Our room was old and in dire need of repair. We couldn't see out the window and the tub was peeling. I wasn't comfortable with the cleanliness of the room but figured it would do for a few days. The saving grace for this place was the staff. Everyone I interacted with was wonderful, friendly, willing to chat and willing to help. The day we checked out they renovating the rooms on my floor. Wifi was also excellent!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kim P

Reviewed 5 August 2014

First of all - "Grant Park Hotel" is still really still a "Comfort Inn". And it's in sketchy area of town. We had no problems with the parking but still felt need to check on my car each morning and make sure it was still there. Our room wasn't vacuumed/cleaned very well and bathroom counter looked as if they hadn't been wiped down from some construction. We could also hear some sort of construction on outside of hotel that started around 9-10am which wasn't a terrible time but constant drilling and hammering was annoying.
The beds were comfortable and we had no problems checking in, access off interstate is easy and staff was friendly though. I probably wouldn't stay again for multiply nights when downtown is so close and there are many other options there.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jordigirl92
Enoch D, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Atlanta Downtown South, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2016

jordigirl92,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our hotel and your experiences during your stay. Since your stay we have made many improvements and continue the effort to continuously elevate our level of service. We have completed a full renovation on our rooms and the hotel as a whole. I hope you will stay with us again and experience the positive changes we have made during your next visit to Atlanta. Again, thank you for your comments, all feedback is used to help improve our efforts to build our hotel staff and product into a destination guests look forward to visiting.

Best Regards,

Enoch D.

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is right across from the Turner Field. The surrounding area is dangerous to leave anything valuable in your vehicle. The security is not even there. I was unCOMFORTable leaving our car out there. We decided to brave it for just 1 night. Room was okay. To turn on water to shower was very messed up. That is the only con. Breakfast was very good, excellent choices. No AJC newspapers, durn. Checking out and our car was still there, to our relief! If you decide to stay at this Comfort Inn, then you're BRAVE.... :)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JFJF06
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel while we went to a Braves game. Walked to the game and ate at the Bullpen BBQ (great food). Good for the $$, will stay here again; easy to get to off of the interstate. There is only one eating place we seen close and it closes at 10:00 p.m.

1  Thank jtman1
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is one of two hotels at Turner Field and is great for attending Braves games. We were very pleased to be recognized as Gold Elite members for Choice Hotels - very nice as it doesn't happen often - got a goody bag, too. The staff is great and in no way reflects the attitude and rudeness of Braves fans. The hotel is clean and the rooms were very comfortable. The day we left the free breakfast was supposed to be closed but the attendant let us have coffee and rolls.

1  Thank CaptainS7662
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We traveled to Atlanta to see the Braves and picked this hotel for its close proximity to Turner Field. It is just minutes from the ballpark! The hotel room was clean and met our needs. All hotel staff were friendly and helpful. The free breakfast was good with hot eggs, sausage and biscuits with gravy. There is a BBQ restaurant close to the hotel that serves decent BBQ. We also ate at "The Varsity" which is next to Georgia Tech. It is huge and has the world's largest drive in. If you want to save money and are not in a hurry, recommend using the rail/bus system (MARTA) .If flying in, you can take the rail from the airport to the Five Points Station, and from there take the #49 bus. It will drop you off right in front of the hotel. You can use this system to get around the rest of the city, but it can be slow. You may want to use a taxi if traveling late at night, however.

2  Thank Becky K
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I stayed here only one night, I flew in to Atlanta, it was about 1am when I checked in they were friendly & helpful I wanted clean and inexpensive. It is booth. Less then the other hotels, especially in the general downtown area. .Right off the freeway with gated parking (not secured but gated). It was clean spacious, Comes with microwave, coffeepot & small refrigerator. The breakfast was better then most. I found the beds to be OK. This is an older property I say it is 2 stars at most. But if price matters it could be your spot. Great for whatever reason U may need to be in this area, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business