“Great Value”

Comfort Inn Atlanta Downtown South
Ranked #136 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed this hotel. The room was large and the location was convenient (across from Turner Field/Atlanta Braves). At $77, we had free parking and the best free breakfast we've come across.

The staff was also very friendly and helpful.

Side note: this place is actually a Comfort Inn. We only found out when we arrived.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gyos23
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Atlanta Downtown South

Reviewed 23 August 2014

First, the good: This place is really close to the ballpark. I chose to stay here because I was traveling alone and wanted a quick and easy walk that wouldn't terrify me taking it alone. I can't speak to the quality of the neighborhood when there isn't a game being played, but I felt perfectly safe walking the one block back to the hotel after the game. I saw plenty of police presence, as well.

Now, the not-so-good. When I checked in I wasn't given any paperwork. It was ridiculously busy and I didn't think to ask for it - admittedly my mistake. I was so busy trying to get out of the way so the next person could check in, it didn't even cross my mind. I went to my room and had been there about ten minutes when a staff member unlocked and opened the door - SHE JUST WALKED RIGHT IN! She was friendly and polite, but it was unsettling for a solo traveler.

Now, the worst: When I checked out the next morning I specifically requested a printout since I realized I hadn't received one the night before. The first thing I noticed was that the rate was higher than what I had booked. That's when I also noticed that the name at the top of the statement wasn't mine - it was a male name (Adam) and I am clearly female. I talked to front desk staff but they insisted that was my room, that I was ADAM, and that that was the rate I was paying. They were not unfriendly per se, but did not solve the problem at all. Frankly, I do not believe they knew how to solve the problem.

I was on a tight timeline and finally simply gave up and left. I monitored my credit card statement closely to make sure no other rooms or charges came along, and so far so good. But I will NEVER stay at this hotel, or any other Comfort Inn, again. The two stars are for the location to ballpark and pleasant staff, even if they were unable to actually fix my problem.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank chrystalbrad
Enoch D, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Atlanta Downtown South, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2016

chrystalbrad,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our hotel and your experiences during your stay. Since your stay we have made many improvements and continue the effort to continuously elevate our level of service. We have completed a full renovation on our rooms and the hotel as a whole. I hope you will stay with us again and experience the positive changes we have made during your next visit to Atlanta. Again, thank you for your comments, all feedback is used to help improve our efforts to build our hotel staff and product into a destination guests look forward to visiting.

Enoch D.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I went on a road trip with my 11 and 13 year old recently and stayed at this hotel. When I drove into the parking lot I honestly had to wonder what I had done and what I was in for. Luckily the hotel was nicer on the inside than it was on the outside. The neighbourhood is a little worrisome, I wouldn't be walking at night around Turner Field to begin with. Our room was old and in dire need of repair. We couldn't see out the window and the tub was peeling. I wasn't comfortable with the cleanliness of the room but figured it would do for a few days. The saving grace for this place was the staff. Everyone I interacted with was wonderful, friendly, willing to chat and willing to help. The day we checked out they renovating the rooms on my floor. Wifi was also excellent!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kim P
Reviewed 5 August 2014

First of all - "Grant Park Hotel" is still really still a "Comfort Inn". And it's in sketchy area of town. We had no problems with the parking but still felt need to check on my car each morning and make sure it was still there. Our room wasn't vacuumed/cleaned very well and bathroom counter looked as if they hadn't been wiped down from some construction. We could also hear some sort of construction on outside of hotel that started around 9-10am which wasn't a terrible time but constant drilling and hammering was annoying.
The beds were comfortable and we had no problems checking in, access off interstate is easy and staff was friendly though. I probably wouldn't stay again for multiply nights when downtown is so close and there are many other options there.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jordigirl92

jordigirl92,

Best Regards,

Enoch D.

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is right across from the Turner Field. The surrounding area is dangerous to leave anything valuable in your vehicle. The security is not even there. I was unCOMFORTable leaving our car out there. We decided to brave it for just 1 night. Room was okay. To turn on water to shower was very messed up. That is the only con. Breakfast was very good, excellent choices. No AJC newspapers, durn. Checking out and our car was still there, to our relief! If you decide to stay at this Comfort Inn, then you're BRAVE.... :)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JFJF06
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel while we went to a Braves game. Walked to the game and ate at the Bullpen BBQ (great food). Good for the $$, will stay here again; easy to get to off of the interstate. There is only one eating place we seen close and it closes at 10:00 p.m.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jtman1
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is one of two hotels at Turner Field and is great for attending Braves games. We were very pleased to be recognized as Gold Elite members for Choice Hotels - very nice as it doesn't happen often - got a goody bag, too. The staff is great and in no way reflects the attitude and rudeness of Braves fans. The hotel is clean and the rooms were very comfortable. The day we left the free breakfast was supposed to be closed but the attendant let us have coffee and rolls.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family