Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Airport North
Ranked #60 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Waycross, Georgia
“Close to airport”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We spent the night here as we had an early morning flight. One exit away from the airport. Not many restaurant options near the motel tho. Room was very clean and comfy. Even tho it was near the airport, it was quiet. Would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MsTipp

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Korean first
Strawberry Plains
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The hotel was clean and had a nice pool and breakfast bar. I was very impressed with the layout of the room. We basically had a bedroom and a living room.

The room was clean and the hotel staff was helpful. They had feather pillows on the bed and I am allergic. At first, they told me there was 1 pillow in the chest, but later showed up at the door with new pillows.

We visited the pool. The kids enjoyed it, but they couldn't stay long because the chlorine was too strong.

Our sleep wasn't good because of the constant airplane noises....not necessarily the hotels vault, but it was part of the experience. In addition, the walls must be really thin because we had the neighbor's were talking loudly and their baby was crying.

Lastly, in the dining area, the food was good, but there were ants on the wall.

Room Tip: Do not get the bottom level room and try to stay on the opposite side of the airport.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank utdr31
Clear Lake, Iowa
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

We spent a couple of nights here and were satisfied with the experience. It was quiet even though close to the highway and several restaurants were very close. Our room was clean but could use an update. The floor had a couple of dips in it and the carpet was worn and stained. Breakfast was a treat because of a very outgoing, friendly young woman by the name of Jane. I wish all hotels/motels were staffed with people with as much personality.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Sue H
Carrickfergus, Northern Ireland
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stayed here at both ends of a trip arriving at and leaving from Atlanta airport. We arrived at 2am and had no problems checking in. Both times we had good clean rooms and had no problems. Aircon a bit noisy. Decent breakfast and excellent value for money. The free shuttle to and from the airport worked well. Several restaurants within walking distance.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Des Moines
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I just want to say how extremely disappointed I was to arrive at my hotel at 11:45 to find out my room had been downgraded without my knowledge or consent. They effectively gave away my two room suite without any prior notification and I find this level of service completely unacceptable. At this point I have no further options, I am stuck in a reduced size room I now have overpaid for, there are no additional rooms at this time of night, and am now sharing a space that was half the size of the room I stayed in the night before. If this is the way that tingo and Country Inn would like to do business, then I am done with you, and I will never book another room with your hotel chain or website again! This was a very bad experience, which is disappointing because I booked another trip through Country Inn and Tingo and think I may need to cancel that now. I thought the point of a hotel chain was to reduce your stress on trips, not make it worse, bad job guys!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
James Z, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Airport North, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Turbo Todd:

I really appreciate your taking the time to let us know of your disappointment in not having the exact type of room you wished when you visited us. Your original reservation was made for a one bedroom suite. Our best efforts to rectify the issue before your arrival fell short. I and our staff are very sorry for the inconvenience.

I know it is important to have a room which meets your specific needs, and I know that it is an unpleasant experience to have to settle for less than you expected or want.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We have previously tried to contact you and value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please give us another chance and stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

James Z
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a nice hotel, and we got a great rate for a King Suite. Front desk staff - especially Cierra, were very friendly and welcoming. The room was fine - bed felt like the head was lower than the foot. The bathroom tub and sink drained very, very slowly. - Nothing exceptional about the room. The pool was nice.

The breakfast is all prepared in microwaves - eggs seem to be powdered eggs, french toast (I love, love, love, french toast) was lack luster - I just couldn't eat it! - Had an issue with a surly server/breakfast room manager on the third day.

Overall, nice place.

Room Tip: The King suite on the first floor was great - having the living room between us and the hall made it...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Kingston, Jamaica
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We stay at this hotel in July 2013. The location was great. It was close to the interstate which gave us great access to visit other locations like buckhead, downtown atlanta etc. The hotel itself was clean and the staff was friendly. We chose a ground floor room and requested a change after walking into a smoke soaked room. The lady at the front desk happily granted our request and changed our room. it is close to different restaurants and places to eat like ruby tues. Though this is an airport hotel i did not experience any noise disturbance.

The one negative i have is the breakfast. The choices were limited and wasn't excellent. One reviewer talks about the terrible powdered eggs and i would have to agree. There was a small indoor pool which for my preference i would rather an outside one.

Overall though it was a good experience.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank LovelyBrown30
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Airport North
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Northwest at SunTrust Park
Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Airport South

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Airport North? Share your experiences!