“Fab.U.Lous!!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Charleston SC
“Fab.U.Lous!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2011

From the moment I arrived and was greeted familiarly by Marquis, to the moment we checked out after a fabulous full breakfast hosted by Miss T, we felt like we were at home - only better! At home no one makes me to-order omelettes (free) or brews me fresh espresso by the cup (free). No one at home stocks a full bar (ok, not free but convenient!) for my after hours enjoyment, nor do they bring me fresh towels or have fresh cookies waiting for me in the afternoon (free). And no one ever chauffeurs me in a stretch Escalade to a fabulous dinner when I'm at home (yes, you guessed it - free)! The decor, including the bamboo floors in each room and oriental carpets in the hall, was similar to what I have seen in much more upgrade hotels costing $300+ per night. Wireless internet was included (request a low floor for good signal) as well as plenty of FREE PARKING (try finding that anywhere else in downtown Atlanta!). And the staff - they were impeccable! To a person, I felt like they cared about me and my family, and that they genuinely enjoyed working here. There is great shopping nearby (Nordstom Rack and H&M anyone?!), tons of fabulous restaurants and dozens of tony neighborhoods to explore. So, with a business hotel in the financial heart of Atlanta that has family-friendly weekend rates (~$119) and perks like these, why would I ever stay anywhere else again!

Room Tip: If using internet, request a room on a low floor .
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Wingate-Buckhead-Mgr, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Buckhead, responded to this review, 2 April 2011
You are Fabulous ...... for your generous compliments. The Wingate by Wyndham concept was founded on the “all-Inclusive " pricing. One price includes all or your amenities which other hotels charge for. Thank you again for your kind words ... see you soon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Arabic first
México
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2011

Mice and located place with a gorgeous price if you book in advance

1 Thank grehelo
We have great pricing all the time ...... even last minute specials !! Thank you
Barrie
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2011

As I found myself returning home to Canada from Afghanistan, I decided a 1 day lay-over for some R&R along the way would be great. A round of golf in the home state of The Masters seemed like a good spot for myself and my longtime co-worker and friend. After contacting the Wingate-Buckhead for some information about their hotel and golf packages I received a return e-mail asking how they could assist us in our travels. Before long we knew this would be a great place to stay...our room was booked with early check-in....golf was booked at the nearby Fulton-North...complimentary Limo was provided to and from the golf course as well as out for dinner and late night pick-up. The hotel couldn't do enough for us to make our stay as enjoyable as possible and I can't say enough good things about the staff. There was nothing to take away from this hotel experience and the price was certainly not out of line. Only wish I had more time to enjoy the city and surroundings, but there can always be a next time.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
We always strive for the “Hole in One “I hope you got close to one in your golf game. It was our pleasure to have been able to help you out on your R & R.
I would also like to THANK YOU for your service to your country without which we would not have the Freedoms we enjoy
Hilton Head Island S
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2011

We got there saturday the 18th of March and were greeted by the nicest young man at the check in desk, his name is Chris and he was so ever helpful he made our stay so nice he made dinner recommendations for us and then he made the reservations for us, He was so nice and I want to say thank you for making our weekend great .Then they have great breakfast everymorning omletes waffles cereal toast fruit just great and the best part was the Lincoln Navigator Stretch Limo took us everywhere withlin 3 miles of our hotel and that was plenty to pick from and the two men who drove the limo were so very nice everyone was great the lady that works in the morning at the front desk was so cute and sweet and the bar tender was from somewhere in europe I thought Holland but was afraid to ask. Thank you all so much for making my weekend so nice.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank briedom
That is the goal we strive for everyday. Thank you for your kind words about Chris and the others, they are awesome and we are blessed to have them.
Manassas, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2011

Our stay was wonderful! The hotel service members were always attentive to our needs, and personable. We loved it here! This location was perfectly nestled in the heart of Buckhead, where restaurants and stores are just steps away. The complimentary breakfast every morning during our stay hit the spot! It was delicious and filling, a perfect start to our day!

1 Thank nlaroch
Our hearts are genuine and we love what we do. To give “Impeccable service" comes naturally like meeting old friends !!! Thank you
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2011

My husband and I travel regularly for business and pleasure. We have stayed at various nice hotels but none of them have what Wingate Buckhead has in abundance. An incredible staff!! The people who take care of this hotel and guests have a way of making you feel very welcome. The friendly ease this staff has while professional, creates a feeling of genuineness that made our stay incredible. Thanks to all who took care of us. We look forward to our next visit.
Lesa & Charles Smith
Practical Calibration Resources

2 Thank wildflower1987
Wingate-Buckhead-Mgr, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Buckhead, responded to this review, 16 March 2011
We also feel it is the best place to stay ............. for the price. Thank you for your kind words for our staff they are awesome and we are blessed to have them. Hope to see you soon on your next visit.
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2011

I couldn't have had a better stay at the more expensive hotels. I am big on customer service because that is my specialty, and they delivered a homerun. I expected that the limo service would be an old taxi; let's try a stretch, black, in-style Cadillac Escalade. "Hello somebody!"

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
If you have to travel ..... it might as well be in style. Thank you for your kind words for our staff they are awesome and we are blessed to have them. Hope to see you soon on your next visit.