“Loved the ultra-pillowtop mattresses!”

Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Buckhead
Ranked #5 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Newark, Delaware
“Loved the ultra-pillowtop mattresses!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

On the positive side --
1. Loved the ultra-pillowtop mattresses! Very comfortable.
2. Minimal carpeting on the floor -- allows for better cleaning. Neither my wife nor I experienced any allergen-related issues.
3. Excellent cooked-to-order breakfast. Omelets prepared right in front of us.
4. They accept plastic bottles for recycling. Good job Wyndham. Go green!
Negatives -- none.

Green Features: They accept plastic bottles for recycling -- excellent green policy.
1 Thank Gary456

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Arabic first
South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a business trip to Atlanta. It was fantastic. Wonderful staff who provided outstanding service. The room was large and very clean. I have nothing negative to say about this hotel. It is in a convenient location. I will definitely start making this my go to hotel for business (and personal) trips to Atlanta.

Room Tip: The fourth floor does not have an ice machine.
Green Features: I am allergic to feathers and down and the room was very allergy friendly.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MaggieSullivan
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

I called at the last minute (5pm) the night of the Clapton concert (5/3/14) to see if they had rooms open. You could hear that there was a lot going on in the lobby - they were obviously busy - the young lady who took my call made me feel like she had all the time in the world to take care of my questions and to take my reservation. When I arrived a little later, she was at the front desk, and remembered speaking to me. Everyone made me feel welcome, and answered all my questions. My room was gorgeous, and spotless, including the bath. I got the complimentary shuttle to the Clapton show at Chastain Amphitheater, and the driver was great. I have trouble with steps, and he made sure I got in and out of the bus (actually more of a stretch-limo-bus) safely. Everyone was so nice, so courteous - I'll definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I just had a standard single room with a king bed on the second floor, and it was wonderful. There a...
Green Features: Wingate does focus on eco-friendly measures, which I appreciate.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jmed2014
Blackshear
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

This hotel is very nice and so convenient for concertgoers to Chastain Park! You can't beat the price when it includes free limo service to/from the concert and free breakfast, complete with an omelet station! Our TV seemed to be attempting to unscramble but we weren't in the room much so didn't mention it. All staff were super attentive to our needs.

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

1 Thank Pamela F
Lancaster, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at this clean, well appointed hotel during a visit to Atlanta recently. We were in town to attend a music concert at Chastain Park, an outdoor amphitheater nearby. Upon check-in we were pleased to learn about the 24 hour fitness center, well-equipped business center, free full American breakfast, and available in-lobby food and drink (including a bar). But most of all, we were wowed by the offer of a complimentary stretch limousine to take guests to the concert. We were driven to Chastain Park by a very courteous gentleman, Craig, and picked up by the same promptly after the concert. We were, however, embarrassed by the behavior of some of the other guests, who tried to crowd into the limousine unsafely, rather than wait for it to return for them. We understand that the owner of the hotel stayed on the property until every guest had returned from the concert - well after midnight.
Our room was clean, comfortable, and well equipped with a desk, sofa, mini fridge, microwave, and a lovely oriental rug on the floor, which was a nice touch.
We had asked for a taxi the next morning to take us to the airport. To our surprise, our driver (the director of the transportation department for the hotel) arrived to pick us up in a comfortable, impeccably clean Town Car. The cost for this wonderful service was only $12.00 higher than the regular, dirty cab that we took from the airport.
Should we have occasion to visit Atlanta in the future, we will definitely stay here again. Their courteous care of their guests and attention to every detail made our stay a pleasurable experience.

2 Thank Pamela S