“Executive Suite, June stay at Buckhead Wingate”

Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Buckhead
Ranked #9 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I stayed for three nights in a king executive suite on the third floor facing Piedmont avenue. My room was immaculate, the air conditioning worked beautifully, there was plenty of hot water in the spacious shower, and all of the staff were very pleasant and accommodating. Some reviewers mentioned that Piedmont's traffic noise and the sounds from air conditioner were annoying, but I sleep with "white noise" to drown out those kinds of things and I slept soundly in a very comfortable bed (I did bring my own pillow). I also did not hear anyone clomping around on the hardwood floor in the room above me. Wifi worked well after a small glitch upon arrival (which was quickly resolved by calling the 800 number on the desk in the room). The complimentary breakfast (6AM-10AM) was delicious and the limousine (within 3 mile radius) was extremely convenient, especially during Atlanta's horrid evening rush hour. The refrigerator is slightly larger than you might find at competing hotels and it even includes a tiny freezer section. The only improvement I would suggest is to add some type of edging around the blackout shades, because light seeps in from the sides. I'd love to stay here again.

Room Tip: King executive suites face Piedmont and have a large, separate shower and one person jacuzzi. The ki...
1  Thank AnAppleFan
There are newer reviews for Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Buckhead

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I have stayed at this property many times and it's always a great experience. This time was no exception. I met two wonderful people, a mother and daughter pair from Ireland that amazingly we had someone we both knew very well. We went to the lobby bar for some wine and after a while the bartender brought us over a new cocktail he made up and wAnted our opinion and to try and name. We came up with hop, skip, and go naked and so it is now the name of this tastefully fruity bubbly drink. You must try one you will not go wrong!!!!!i loved it.

Room Tip: Ask for away from road
3  Thank speederinred
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We were staying in Atlanta on our way to New Orleans. The hotel is based in the Buckhead business part of town, which was a bit concerning, but we were very pleasantly surprised at the location, with lots of greenery and a nice up-market neighbourhood. The hotel itself was really well appointed with generous sized room and a great little swimming pool. There was a complimentary stretch limo at our disposal for drop-off and pick-up within a 3 mile radius until 11:00pm. Breakfast was supervised by a chef who cooked fantastic omelettes and waffles to order, whilst also keeping the restaurant area in pristine condition. The front desk was also manned by friendly and very helpful staff. The only slight niggle was when we ordered food - they cooked it in the kitchens, but they didn't deliver to our room - I had to go down to collect it! Overall, we had a great stay, leaving wishing we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dennis B
Reviewed 6 June 2014

"There was a little girl, with a little curl right in the middle of her forehead. When she was good, she was very, very good, but when she was bad, she was horrid!" That's how I would describe Monique, a customer service representative who worked at the front desk during the day. A situation arose where I and my mother wanted to be added to the rewards point system. After enjoying a WONDERFUL evening in Buckhead, we walked to the front desk because we both wanted to register. The night representative, Allen, who was very sweet and kind, took both of our information. He didn't know how to register both of us, especially since the room was in my name. However, we did complete the registration form. The next morning, I awoke to a note under our hotel room door. On the note, my mother's name was on the note as being registered. I booked the room. My mother and I went to Monique at the front desk to let her know what happened (At this point, I didn't know her name, but I DID FIND OUT). She spoke to me and my mother like we were the problem, like we were dumb and ignorant. She was very loud. As we were explaining to her what happened, she proceeded to tell us what we read on the note. How can she possibly know what's on the note when she didn't even leave a note for us? Allen left the note. She didn't let my mother and I get a word in. The conversation was cut short and we left. I didn't show my anger at the hotel. However, I was VERY upset. As I walked to the car I stated that I didn't like her, which I rarely say of another person. She has a "STUCK UP, KNOW IT ALL and YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING" attitude. She then had the audacity to call me after we left to ask about my reservation. Little did I know, that was the same girl who helped with my reservation the week before. She was very nice on the phone, a totally different person. Ergo," the little girl with the little curl." She is a wolf in sheep's clothing. I never write reviews, but she drove me to that point. She need to work the night shift. The day shift need someone who is friendly and professional at all times. She does not represent the company, nor the management well at all. Now Allen, he is who the company and management should promote. He represents the business VERY well. Allen should work the day shift. Allen was the most enjoyable person to talk with. He is personable and very helpful. He even told us what to do in Buckhead since this was my mom's first time to the area. We mentioned to him that we only saw Lenox Mall and we wanted to visit the other mall, but we didn't know where it was. He told us to take advantage of the limo service to take us to Phipps Plaza. We also wanted to look at homes. He told us exactly were to go. He was so professional, yet personable. He also took the time to help me in the business center. He suggested that we use all of the amenities, such as the pool and the fitness center. He was also the reason that we stayed an extra night. That's the type of personality an out of towner want to do business with, not a loud know it all. Geesh!!! I hated that I had to book the limo through her the next morning. I wanted to avoid her at all cost. I stated that we went to Lenox Mall and we wanted to go to the other mall. I couldn't remember the name of the mall. She stated the name of the mall with that same STUCK UP attitude of, "I KNOW ALL THINGS AND YOU DON'T!" Gee Whiz!! However, the hotel itself was absolutely beautiful and comfortable. The property is in a WONDERFUL location. The hardwood floors were a nice touch. They have a full breakfast, grits, eggs, bacon...you name it, they had it. The Limo service was awesome! They both were very personable and professional. I would definitely stay at this property again as long as Monique is off for a couple of days or on a long vacation. I have never in my life ran into someone like her. However, as I stated before, the property and location is WONDERFUL!!! All that you receive for the price of the hotel, you can't beat it!! A FREE Limo ride?? Who does that? WINGATE BY WYNDHAM - BUCKEAD DOES!! I LOVED IT!!! I would have given this location an "Overall Rating of Excellent," but that major customer service flaw dropped the rating for me....so sad! Because of Allen and the hotel itself, I am giving a service and overall rating of "Very Good."

Room Tip: We had a room at the back of the hotel. It was very quiet and we did not hear anyone walking or talk...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family