“Awesome stay!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Ronda, North Carolina
“Awesome stay!”
Reviewed 10 April 2009

Me and 3 colleagues traveled to Atlanta on business and were looking for a nice place in the Buckhead area that would fit into our limited expense budget. The Wingate met the price requirement and easily surpassed all other criteria we look for in a hotel when traveling.

The good:
*Breakfast - can't be beat. I'd pay for it, but fortunately for you (and me) it's free!
*Check-in - smooth and quick.
*Room - Love the hardwood floors, just feels much cleaner than carpet. Nice rug leading to the bed.
*Bed - Comfortable with plenty of pillows.
*Internet - free wireless
*Bathroom - Clean and best of all, the shower is large enough that the curtain didn't touch me while in there (a big pet peeve, feels sooo nasty when it does! haha)
*Service - Having a Cadillac Escalade take you and your friends around to a restaurant or wherever you want to go for free (a tip is nice for the driver) is great!
*Location - you can walk to restaurants that are decent, safe feeling area.
*Newspaper - a USA Today outside your room each morning, nice gesture and way to get the day started.

Not so good:
*Being nit-picky here but you can hear the traffic outside the room if you are facing the road. I thought it would be bad at night but the road is virtually empty at night so no issue sleeping.
*Bar was a little pricey but what hotel bar isn't?

As you can see, we all absolutely LOVED this hotel and wanted to stay longer. If I travel back down to the Atlanta area I will definitely stay here again as it is an impressive place, especially for the money.

I read all the great reviews and was wondering if they were fake or not but trust me, they are spot on. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Mz32quick

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Arabic first
London, UK
Reviewed 4 April 2009

The hotel is located in the upmarket Buckhead area of Atlanta and is about 8 miles from downtown and the main attractions. The reception staff were exceptionally friendly and welcoming.

The room was ok but a little odd in that there wasa recliner chair but positioned so you couldn't see the TV (which was an old tube model with indifferent reception) a large rug and then the bed resulting in a large open area which just seemed strange. I imagine they were aiming to create a work space/lounge space separate from the sleeping area, but it didn't work for me. The bed itself was comfortable enough but the linen was ludicrously fussy with a sheet, then a blanket, then a sheet, then a duvet - I ended up taking all the linen off and remaking it to be able to sleep. Mind you the blinds on the windows are so bad that light pours in all night so sleep isn't that easy. For no reason i could work out the roller blind is hung in such a way that there is about a 2" gap between the blind and the window all around.

Another reviewer noted that a connecting door in the room is so thin that you can hear everything next door and I concur - I had to knock on the wall to get the next room to turn down the TV, not that they had it so loud but the door may as well not be there for all the sound insulation it gives.

The Wingate was adequate for my two nights in Atlanta but it wasn't cheap and I'm sure there are other hotels in more convenient locations in Atlanta which are better.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dickie98
Atlanta
Reviewed 19 March 2009

We used more than half the hotel for the weekend of our daughter's wedding. Excellent facility with a superb staff!

• Stayed March 2009
Richmond Kentucky
Reviewed 16 March 2009

Recently we stayed at the Buckhead Wingate for a family wedding...I have traveled all over the world from Europe to Asia, So. Africa to India...and this stay ranks among the very top with regards to hospitality, service and graciousness. We felt like family. the staff was extrodinarily responsive to everyone ... including the more TENSE parents of the bride who wanted, demanded perfection. The staff went out of thier way to be helpful, calming and just soooo pleasent. The accomodations are spotlessly clean, intimate and easily accessible. Whether your looking for a small hotel to accomodate out of towners, or just a great place to be when visiting Atlanta for business or pleasure this is the place to be. And Anthony...the director of guest services! world class!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
Herts
Reviewed 10 March 2009

We Stayed from the 8th to the 12th of March 2009 during a short visit to Atlanta. For us the hotel is perfect. Comfortable room, good location, friendly staff very clean, and good value. The hotel has a fleet of vehicles to ferry clients. As we hired a car we did not use this service. It is ideally situated for visiting the attractions, shopping and dining. This hotel meets all of our needs. .

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
north Carolina
Reviewed 28 February 2009

I would recommend this hotel to anyone. My girlfriends and I really enjoyed our stay at the wingate. We take a get away trip every year and we always come back to this hotel. The staff is so friendly, they make you feel at home. The hotel itself is very nice, and the breakfast buffet is the best I've had at any hotel. Everything was great at the Wingate you won't be disappointed.

Stayed March 2008, travelled with friends
Upstate, SC
Reviewed 25 January 2009

We stayed at the Wingate for a single night. We were going downtown for a special exhibit at a museum the next morning, and didn't want to have to drive far for that.

I had not stayed at a Wingate before, let alone this location.

When we pulled up, I was a bit worried. It was right on a busy road. There was noisy construction nearby. Also, I was a bit worried that I've have lots of traffic to fight through in the morning to get downtown from Buckhead.

As it turns out, none of this was true. Inside the room, even with the construction nearby, it was fairly quiet during the day and very quiet at night with no traffic noise at all. (Granted our room did not face the street.)

Traffic was very light the next day even though it was during rush hour and we ended up at the museum much earlier than we needed to be there.

The Wingate is an exceptional value for it's location and cost.

• Liked — Quiet
  • Disliked — Tied between soft mattress and spotty Internet
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)