“Couldn't ask for more . . .”

Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Buckhead
Ranked #5 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
KS
“Couldn't ask for more . . .”
Reviewed 29 April 2009

As a business traveler I've stayed in a lot of hotels. Really tried to tighten the budget and picked Wingate by Wyndham; booked online and was unsure of what I would find. Everyone on staff was absolutely great, hot meal in the morning, nice business center, exercise room, pool, (although I didn't use the last two) and my hotel room was updated, roomy, and offered upgraded amenities. I will stay there on my next trip to Atlanta.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Arabic first
Griffin, Ga.
Reviewed 28 April 2009

I can't say enough great things about my stay at the Wyngate! The manager, Anthony was so good to us. His whole staff bent over backwards to make sure our experience was perfect! Everything at the hotel was clean and beautifully decorated. Our room was very comfortable and the service was outstanding. We're telling everyone about this hotel!!!

Trinidad
Reviewed 27 April 2009

I had a totally enjoyable stay at the Wingate. I took my family to Atlanta and the we had a truly enjoyable stay. The team, accomodation and transport was superb. I will give this hotel a 10 out of 10 in terms of service. I will stay here over and over and I have already started recommending the hotel to friends and family. Anthony, Monique and the rest of the team were remarkable. They were absolutely fabulous

Dolton, IL
Reviewed 22 April 2009

This hotel has definitely lived up to it's number 1 spot. I have often turned to Trip Advisor and a host of other sites for hotel recommendations and reviews, however, I have never written one myself. This is the first time and it's because the staff at this hotel deserve recognition for the outstanding customer service that they provide. Anthony, Marquis, Chris and two others (so sorry I can't remember their names) were ALWAYS pleasant and helpful with whatever our needs were. We were a group of 12, all women, all family joining together for a 3 day weekend. The hotel was immaculate, the free breakfast was really good (made to order omelets? wow), the free 3 mile radius shuttle (Escalade or Navigator limousine) and did I already mention the service? The atmosphere was so comfortable. I can honestly say that the staff greeted us with a smile and a hello with each encounter and the manager Anthony was SO helpful and accommodating to our group. It was an awesome experience. If you visit Atlanta and you're looking for a reasonably priced hotel that's nice AND clean in an awesome area...STAY HERE! It's going to be my location of choice whenever I visit.

Kent, England
Reviewed 21 April 2009

This hotel knows about good customer service. Marquis and Monique were the friendliest front desk staff we met on our 2 week vacation. So helpful with directions, very friendly and welcoming. We would have liked to have stayed longer.

Very nice rooms with lots of space.
Breakfast was good as it included cooked items too, including waffles cooked to order. Did get a bit chilly though as when the front doors open, the draught came right through - it was a 40degree morning in April!

Great location, would definitely stay here again.

Liverpool, UK
Reviewed 19 April 2009

We stayed at this hotel for 6 nights. In the leafy Buckhead area of Atlanta the hotel at first glance would appear to be the usual chain . However, what we discovered is that they seem to have put a unique local boutique like feel to it. There appeared to be a mix of business people and holidaymakers . But the reception staff seemed to be able to welcome business people with a personal touch, remembering past guests and giving advice to people on vacation.

Marquis, on reception we were sure was destined for a Broadway career!

The rooms are large, shower, bath, desk, free wi-fi and of you don’t have a lap top, there’s a business centre. Breakfast is provided complimentary including fresh waffles and omelettes, made to order. Coffee and tea is available in the bar 24/7- cookies welcomed us back after a days sightseeing. Parking is free around the property. There was a small fitness centre and pool outside
A big positive is the free car service which takes you up to 2 miles from the hotel until 11pm. As the best places to dine are around Buckhead, it means you can have a drink and be picked up. The manager, Anthony Tecoy even took us one night to avoid a 10 minute wait for the car coming back. Thats the kind of service you get. Eating in the area- try the Horseradish Grill or Aria.

Ask the bar man for a Captain Sully Cocktail- his own invention, a tasty, patriotic looking drink with a meaning behind it!

If you want room service , valet or bell boys, then pay more and stay somewhere else, but we got a great deal booking directly and I would stay again if we were in Atlanta

1 Thank merseydave
Los Angeles
Reviewed 15 April 2009

The exceptionally friendly and helpful staff places this hotel in a category by itself. They go out of their way to accomodate their guests in every way possible. There are two features about this hotel that make it unusual: 1) no carpet in the rooms, instead the floors are wood with area rugs You almost feel like you are staying in someone's extra bedroom in a home rather than a hotel room 2) a lovely breakfast buffet that includes custom-made omlets and freshly made waffles The breakfast also includes scrambled eggs, bacon, a large assortment of cereals, fresh fruits, yogurts, juices, English muffins, bagels, delicious coffees and teas.