“Extremely Impressive!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago
“Extremely Impressive!”
Reviewed 3 August 2009

What a pleasure it was staying at the Wingate by Windham in Atlanta, GA. I was very impressed with the amazing staff! They were accommodating, friendly and a pleasure to be around. As a business traveler I am in hotels often, and have never felt compelled to write a company to tell them just how great my stay was, but I had to after this! They knew my name after the first day, they were great at recommending restaurants and helping me get around Atlanta, and the breakfast is great with fresh omelets and waffles.

I would go out of my way to stay there next time I am in Atlanta

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Arabic first
Florida
Reviewed 30 July 2009

We stayed at this Wingate for 5 nights while on a family vacation in Atlanta. The hotel itself was very nicely appointed- from the marble and hardwood in the lobby to the marble and hardwood in the rooms. The from desk staff was very outgoing and friendly- especially Marquis and Craig. We were traveling with two young boys and they were always interacting with the boys and offereing cookies. The hot breakfast was excellent and we loved the cappacino machine that was available all day to the guests. The breakfast staff was very nice as well. The workout room was nice and up to our expectations.The complementary limo ride within a 3 mile radius was very nice, although we didn't partake because of the small children. We found the ladies who cleaned the room and the bartender to be very friendly as well. The rooms were very nice and high-quality. Marble in the bathroom and hardwood floors. It was nice to have a microwave and fridge as well. The location of the hotel was very convenient to shops, restaurants, and just a short drive to the downtown attractions. Also, it was nice to have free parking. I might suggest them cleaning up the hottub/pool area to bring it up to the same standards as the rest of the hotel. It was a little dingy and dirty but still usable. Overall-this hotel was an outstanding value, especially for the area. We definately would stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
ttboy828, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Buckhead, responded to this review, 31 July 2009
Thank you for your comment. We will definitely work on the item mentioned. We strive to be and stay the BEST!
atlanta
Reviewed 29 July 2009

I have done business with this hotel consistently for the past several years - they never miss the mark! From Teresa to Marquis (and all the front desk staff whose names I can't all remember), Ben, the limo driver, Etienne, the bartender- the service is top notch. Friendly, smiling, genuine... are just a few words to describe them. Anthony Tecoy is at the head of this fantastic group, accommodating my groups every need - meeting space configuration, sleeping rooms for VIP's, catered lunches....I have not found another hotel that exceeds customer service as this one does! ...and the hotel is beautiful too!

Audrey

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
Thank you for showing us how much you care. Just the fact that you took the time to post a comment shows a lot!
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed 27 July 2009

My husband and I spent the weekend here with the main purpose of our trip to see Chris Isaak and the Wingate delivered perfection to us in all possible areas from the great breakfast to the limo that took us to dinner on Friday and Chastain Park on Saturday, sent us to a great place for lunch, Tin Lizzy's, when we arrived, and happily printed out directions for us to the Botanical Gardens. Anthony, Moniuqe, Marquis, Craig and everyone else - thanks it was awesome. See you all next trip!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Upon you checking in, we promised to not falter. Thank you for staying with us this time!
Orlando
Reviewed 26 July 2009

From the time Anthony assisted with our reservations to the fresh made waffles in the morning. The customer service was effortless.
When traveling to Buckhead you should do youreslf a favor and stay at the Wingate.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
Thank you for acknowledging true customer service. You know when it is being forced. When you walk through the door, you know that this is where you want to be.
Florida
Reviewed 22 July 2009

I stayed for five nights in the Wingate and had a very pleasant experience. The staff was wonderful, always smiling and accommodating. The hotel has a complimentary limo service, which was very useful (within three miles of the hotel); the drivers were exceptionally helpful. There is no room service or restaurant at the hotel, but there are a few places to eat within walking distance, and within a few miles there are several more (and a shopping mall). They have a small computer room (2 computers) with free internet for guests and what looked like a nice workout room on the ground floor, as well. My room was clean and included a couch, desk, microwave, and mini-fridge. I was traveling alone, so safety was a big issue for me, and I felt safe here (I did not walk around late at night, but I did walk to the nearby restaurants for dinner), and the hotel itself seemed pretty secure. All in all, this appears to be one of the more affordable options in Buckhead, and the hotel excels in customer service overall.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
ttboy828, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Buckhead, responded to this review, 24 July 2009
The Wingate by Wyndham Buckhead really appreciates the kindness you have shown us in this review. We look forward to your next stay!
Tansz
Reviewed 22 July 2009

We stayed two nights here and loved it! The room was spotless! I loved the hardwood floors! The bedding was just like home! Bathroom was large and super clean!! The hotel is close to everything. Lenox Mall is a 5 minute drive. Downtown is a 10 minute drive. There are many resturants close.

There is a great free breakfast served in the mornings, a small fitness room, lovely pool, and fresh cookies in the lobby all day long!

I will always stay here when visiting Atlanta!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Thank you for your compliment. The Wingate by Wyndham Buckhead strives to make our location your "Home-Away-From-Home."