“Excellent value for money”

Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Buckhead
Ranked #9 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 9 August 2009

We moved to this hotel after two nights in the Intercontinental Buckhead purely beacuse it was half the price. The staff at reception were excellent and so friendly particularly Marquise. The rooms with their hardwood floors were spotless. I was very pleased that we had chosen to stay in Buckhead (which is an upmarket suberb of Atlanta) rather than downtown or midtown. It was very convenient for the Atlanta History Centre and the excellent Lennox Square Shopping Mall.

While the rooms and friendly service compared very favourably with the Intercontinental the rest of the hotel was much more low key. The pool was very small and rather unattractive -ok for a quick swim to cool off but not somewhere that you would want to sit all day. The breakfast was served in the bar/lounge area and was ok. Parking was free.

The hotel was excellent as a base but if expense was not an issue then I think that I would have preferred to stay in the Intercontinental.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
ttboy828, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2009

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate the comparison with the Intercontinental Hotel. Whereas the Intercontinental Hotel is a much larger facility, the Wingate by Wyndham Buckhead has many amenities that are surprisingly complimentary. We do hope that you will return for another stay.

There are newer reviews for Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Buckhead

Reviewed 8 August 2009

Anthony and his staff should write a book on how to provide outstanding customer service. I needed a room in Atlanta area and booked the Wingate based solely on reviews in Trip Advisor. I could not have been more pleased. They upgraded us to a suite as we were celebrating our anniversary, but even without the upgrade the staff is so friendly, the location is great and the hotel is so worth what you pay. The limo shuttle is icing on the cake. My only regret is that my wife's plane was delayed about 5 hours so instead of having the afternoon and evening to explore Buckhead we only had time for a late dinner. I look forward to returning and will stay here again and again.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple

We appreciate your acknowledgement of our services. We are the glad that we could be there for you and your wife.

Reviewed 8 August 2009

The staff was second to none in providing superior customer service to my group. I was treated like i was a relative of the staff. Anthony , Monique, and Marquise are the best. When I get back to Atlanta I will stay at the Wyndham Buckhead.

• Stayed: July 2009

We thank you for bringing your family to us. And, we can't wait for you to return!

Reviewed 7 August 2009

We stayed two nights at Wingate & had a fabulous time. We were impressed at how nice & clean the room & entire hotel was. The staff was always very friendly & helpful. They even accmmodated us with a pack-n-play for our 1 year old. When we asked them for suggestions on dinner - they not only recommended an excellent restaurant, but they made the reservations for us and even offered to have their driver take us to dinner & pick us back up. They don't shuttle you around in a shuttle bus either - they have very nice Escalades & even a Limo for your transportation needs. Wingate goes above & beyond when it comes to customer service. There is also a nice bar near the lobby with plenty of seating where you can look out at their outdoor pool. Oh and I can't forget the breakfast - really good waffles & omlets.

Thank you to all the staff at Wingate! We will definitely see you next year!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family

What we do, we do by habit. It's the nature of Wingate by Wyndham Buckhead to not only BE the best but to DO the best! We are grateful for your support.

Reviewed 5 August 2009

As an Executive Chef and 20+ year veteran of the hospitality industry, I know what to look for when it comes to hotel service. Though not fully perfect (what is?), the Buckhead Wingate is very, very good at what they do. Every guest is treated like a VIP.

Cleanliness and housekeeping was excellent. Plenty of towels, high quality bathroom toiletries. Asthetically pleasing room with wood floors, nice colors, good quality bed and linens.

Pool and hot tub area very nice and quite attractive, especially at night.

Food quality at breakfast was pretty good, especially considering it is included in the room rate. Get up early to avoid the breakfast rush!

Front desk called me by my name our entire stay-nice personal touch without feeling a sense of "forced" kindess, always felt very genuine. Marquis was very helpful with our special requests for extra towels and disposable plates and cutlery for our room. Craig at the desk and Anthony the manager were great and helped me locate an item left behind in our room after we returned home.

Complimentary limo rides were fun and efficient. Blew the kids away, made them feel like celebrities.

If I wanted to be picky, the only negatives I could point out were that the alarm clock function on our clock did not work (I reported this on check out, but was not really in need of it during stay) and with such a nice room, why leave a plain pvc ac drain pipe exposed without some sort of covering? Queen beds would have been a nice bonus, but the doubles were really not uncomfortable at all.

I researched atlanta hotels exhaustively and was blown away by the reviews, especially when compared to the value pricing of the room. Wingate should be proud to have such an excellent property in their portfolio!

Definitely recommended, These folks care.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2009

What a pleasure it was staying at the Wingate by Windham in Atlanta, GA. I was very impressed with the amazing staff! They were accommodating, friendly and a pleasure to be around. As a business traveler I am in hotels often, and have never felt compelled to write a company to tell them just how great my stay was, but I had to after this! They knew my name after the first day, they were great at recommending restaurants and helping me get around Atlanta, and the breakfast is great with fresh omelets and waffles.

I would go out of my way to stay there next time I am in Atlanta

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 July 2009

We stayed at this Wingate for 5 nights while on a family vacation in Atlanta. The hotel itself was very nicely appointed- from the marble and hardwood in the lobby to the marble and hardwood in the rooms. The from desk staff was very outgoing and friendly- especially Marquis and Craig. We were traveling with two young boys and they were always interacting with the boys and offereing cookies. The hot breakfast was excellent and we loved the cappacino machine that was available all day to the guests. The breakfast staff was very nice as well. The workout room was nice and up to our expectations.The complementary limo ride within a 3 mile radius was very nice, although we didn't partake because of the small children. We found the ladies who cleaned the room and the bartender to be very friendly as well. The rooms were very nice and high-quality. Marble in the bathroom and hardwood floors. It was nice to have a microwave and fridge as well. The location of the hotel was very convenient to shops, restaurants, and just a short drive to the downtown attractions. Also, it was nice to have free parking. I might suggest them cleaning up the hottub/pool area to bring it up to the same standards as the rest of the hotel. It was a little dingy and dirty but still usable. Overall-this hotel was an outstanding value, especially for the area. We definately would stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
ttboy828, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta/Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2009

Thank you for your comment. We will definitely work on the item mentioned. We strive to be and stay the BEST!