“Not even worth the low price we paid”

Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Interstate N. Pkwy
Ranked #137 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Orlando, Florida
“Not even worth the low price we paid”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed at this "hotel" as a result of an Expedia Unpublished Rate. The room was somewhat clean and the management was friendly enough, but there were too many problems with the room. First of all, the sheets had a musty smell. Second of all, the sink smelled like mildew. The lock on the bathroom was also non-existent. The bathtub had a liner covering the bottom, but I wouldn't recommend taking a bath as the liner wasn't adhered properly and the underside was disgusting. Our toilet randomly clogged one morning (it was no fault of ours) and we reported it to the front desk. We came back to our room twelve hours later to a toilet that was still clogged. The person at the front desk gave us a plunger to fix it ourselves. I will NEVER give Extended Stay America another penny.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank diazc94
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Interstate N. Pkwy, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. The situation you described regarding the unpleasant odor and maintenance issues in your room is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. In response to your feedback, we will be making sure every room is cleaned to our standards prior to our guest's arrival. We will also have our maintenance engineer address the issue with your toilet. Please accept our apologies that our staff members did not resolve this issue for you in a timely manner.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so we really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us at amw@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Bessemer, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

I was a little worried with what we would find for the price we paid at this hotel. I was pleasantly surprised. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was nice and clean with a small kitchen, sitting area and 2 beds. It was a little stuffy smelling until we turned the AC on in the room. The halls carpet were a little dirty as some previously stated but understandable. The breakfast was basic. I would have liked some OJ and maybe yogurt also a boiled egg. They had fresh fruit, instant oatmeal, breakfast bars and packaged muffins. Some protein would have been nice. Overall we had a good stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Interstate N. Pkwy, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am glad to hear that you were pleasantly surprised with the hotel and the friendliness of the staff. Still, we strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I apologize for the cleanliness issues in our hallway. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are working on these areas of opportunity. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback regarding our grab-and-go breakfast. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at amw@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

The staff made us feel right at home. Our 5 night stay was the best hotel experience we've ever had.We will definitely seek out other Extended Stay America's for future travels.

THE STAFF IS AWESOME!!!!!

Room Tip: We were on the third floor and had a lovely room, quiet and nice view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Interstate N. Pkwy, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about the staff and our hotel. I am proud of our team for providing you with such excellent service. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Louisville, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

I was looking for an affordable hotel to visit family for 4 days in Atlanta. First off the hotel is priced very reasonably but you get what you pay for. When we checked in Abraham at the front desk was very helpful and welcoming. My next impression was a clean lobby but the halls had dirty carpeting. Our room had a nice clean kitchen but something really gross was on the bathroom walls so I immediately got Clorox wipes and did some of my own cleaning and I am not normally a clean freak. The rooms carpet was dirty so I kept flip flops on but it didn't bother my husband.
I loved the pool! It wasn't crowed and nice sized with a nice deck. The hotel is in a good location and safe. It was full and quiet. Don't expect much for breakfast. All they have is oatmeal, granola bars, fruit, coffee,and muffins.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Barb V
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Interstate N. Pkwy, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We appreciate your kind comments about our staff, location, and pool; however, we sincerely apologize for the cleanliness issues both in your room and in the lobby. As this hotel's manager, I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to review cleanliness standards to ensure that your experience is not repeated. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. Please feel free to contact me directly, at amw@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

This is a budget stay which has clean rooms with all the basics. Nice and helpful staff and basic breakfast. TV has showtime channels for your entertainment. Parking are plentiful. The only problem was I could not open the windows to get some fresh air. I guess they put me in smoking room. The odor was not very strong and I was tired so I didn't ask to change room. I stayed only one night.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Interstate N. Pkwy, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We are proud that you found our staff to be nice and helpful. We are sorry that you were unhappy with your smoking room. Please inform us of any problems you have in the future and we will be happy to resolve them for you. We're glad that you found our hotel to be a good value and that your room was properly cleaned.

We would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Hartford, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

After driving for 2 days as we relocate from New England, I couldnt wait to get to the place we will call home for 2 WEEKS while our house is being finished. The lobby looks nice...that's where it ends. Carpets in halls and our room...disgusting. Room smells musty, toilet was dirty, hair and crumbs in drawers and then...we saw a huge cockroach. Went down to grab breakfast....here are your choices: Instant oatmeal, oatmeal bars, 2 flavors of muffins: chocolate and banana nut...fine if you don't have a nut allergy and some whole pieces of fruit, and coffee. No water, no juices...nothing for to offer my son. SO now we are packing up our car full of stuff plus 2 cats to find another place to lay our heads. NO WAY would I recommend this place for a family on an extended stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank hollygogirl
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Interstate N. Pkwy, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We are very disappointed to hear that our level of cleanliness and our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. We offer our grab-and-go breakfast for our guests that do not have time to cook breakfast in their fully equipped kitchens.

We will be working with our housekeeping staff on a new cleaning process to ensure that every room meets our standards. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience that you experienced during your stay.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us at mlander@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Hoover
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

OK not disgusting but the bathroom had hair from you know where more so than the dropping from your head--tub wasn't scrubbed and had dirt/scum on it --dishes, silverware, coffee machine all seemed clean as was the counter.

The killer arrived when I opened the sofa bed for my 7 yr old son--big dead black bug front and center--that combined with the fact they had n trash containers to throw dirty kleenex or any other waste into ---against policy when I ask for one from service because people overfill them was the answer??? Interesting, they rather have garbage thrown on floor?

Pity--Great location--room if clean would have down the job just fine and the pool area was clean enough

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank foodmarc15
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us. We appreciate the kind comments about our convenient location and value; however, we apologize that your room's cleanliness did not meet your expectations. We have discussed your comments with our staff, and are going to work with them to better serve our guests and to ensure that every room meets our standards.

Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. We would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact us directly, at mlander@extendedstay.com. We hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Days Inn Atlanta Marietta Galleria
Comfort Inn & Suites Smyrna
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Clairmont
Country Hearth Inn & Suites Atlanta / Marietta and Banquet Hall
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Cumberland Mall
Courtyard Atlanta Marietta/Windy Hill

Been to Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Interstate N. Pkwy? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Interstate N. Pkwy

Property: Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Interstate N. Pkwy
Address: 2225 Interstate North Pkwy SE, Windy Hill, Atlanta, GA 30339-2175 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Atlanta - Marietta - Windy Hill - Int. N. Pkwy.)
Region: United States > Georgia > Atlanta
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #137 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Interstate N. Pkwy 2.5*
Formerly Wellesley Inn ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Extended Stay, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Marietta - Interstate N. Pkwy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Atlanta Extended Stay