“Nice Surprise”

Ranked #73 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Nice Surprise”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This was my first stay at the Crowne Plaza Atlanta Airport. I have visited hotels in the area, and this was quite nice. There is a $12 charge for parking, but the rooms are spacious and clean. The service was excellent - particularly from the manager. I will definitely visit again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TheLesanes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I made a reservation for this hotel a few days in advance of an overnight stay at the Atlanta airport. As an IHP Platinum member, i was trying to stay loyal.

Arriving at the airport, i called the hotel and was ABRUPTLY told that 'the van is on its way'. I waited in the rain for almost 45 minutes for the van that supposedly runs every 15 minutes. Upon arrival, there was one person at the desk for the 9 people on the van. I had my keys in hand, one hour and 15 minutes after i first arrived for a bus. (Note: The holiday inn express bus came by 3 times while i waited. Next time, i will stay loyal, and stay Holiday Inn Express!).

The room was fine, nothing special. It was clean, and comfortable. The hotel was definitely a bit dated, but in overall good shape.

After being told that vans run 'every 15 minutes' back the the airport...we waited 35 minutes for the first van this past Friday morning. Then the driver told us "Delta employees first....". Really? What the hell? I flew Delta, and now i might not FIT on the bus because they come frist? I waited longer!

This bus driver was not happy that i complained, and another passenger was REALLY verbal. he was upset, but not out of line. She spoke under her breathe for several of us to hear. She should NOT be driving a bus for ANYONE. (Friday morning, March 6th).

A manager came up as i was boarding the bus. He offered to 'help', but i explained that i was not complaining in order to get a discount or some other 'gift'. I just want a clean comfortable room, and expect good service from an airport hotel with regard to transportation to/from. He further explained that the van service was 'third party', and not them. Really? That just made me more upset. It has YOUR NAME AND LOGO on the van. THEY ARE TRANSPORTING YOUR CUSTOMERS. I dont care who manages the drivers. If they stink, replace them. There service only reflects on YOU!

Wont be back. My rating was probably a bit high....

Room Tip: The 11th floor is 'by access key only'. Not sure why? The rooms were nothing special? I t...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank JamesE339
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear JamesE339,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the shuttle service prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 7 March 2014

This hotel was selected by my employer to serve my needs during a month-long stay in Atlanta for training. Needless to say, making a hotel your home for a whole month is no easy task but within the first few days I began to feel comfortable in my adopted home. Why? In a word, people. The people here a great! Let's face it, during an extended stay like mine, needs and concerns are bound to arise but the few times I did need a little special attention it was always provided whether it be special shuttle service to training, an early room makeup, or especially the wonderful service and kindness provided by Miss Havolyn each evening in the hospitality suite. I looked forward to our visits each day as we talked about the day's events. She made me feel welcome and like family. I will definitely seek her out on my next Altanta visit!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Phenix City
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Stayed overnight before early flight but did not arrive until after 9:30 PM. Busy lobby area even at that time of night but went through check-in without a hitch. Some of the elevators were under construction/repair which really packed out the only one operational next to the entrance. Arrived in room to find it clean and inviting. Turned on the shower and holy cow! Water spraying all over the bathroom from a broken shower head. It was clearly an old problem from the visible evidence of previous repair attempts. A call to the front desk resulted in a prompt and courteous repair. Regretted the inconvenience after a long day but hey, sometimes stuff happens.

I do not like the new parking agreement process they have. Inconvenient and impersonal. Had a little difficulty in exiting the parking lot after a weeks absence. Intercom communication poor and delayed.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We spent one night at this hotel and chose it because of its location. The staff was very pleasant and helpful, the room modern and comfortable. We especially appreciated the breakfast buffet -- great selection of dishes and fresh fruit. We'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Overall all this is a great value place to stay in Atlanta. I normally stay one week a night on my return trip out for early flight in the morning. Staff is great, Willie always on it, remembers me all the time.

However, i do think that a short coming is that they hotel does not appear to provide any amenities for IHG Tier customers. As a matter of fact, when I checked in, I was told that they no longer participated in free drinks or breakfast. That was a little disappointing and may cause me to consider to stay someplace else. I hope they will address this.

Room Tip: Overall it was good, However the paint smell was a little strong.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Roswell, Georgia
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We spent just one night at the hotel but we were very pleased. This was our second time Crowne Plaza.The location of the hotel is convenient right off Interstate 85. Our check-in was easy and efficient, the staff at the reception was professional and courteous.. Our room was very nice, clean and neatly made up with a stylish bathroom. Over all we were very happy with our stay and we plan to use the same hotel next year for our yearly even in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Hilton Atlanta Airport
Hilton Atlanta Airport
#85 of 172 in Atlanta
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North
Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North

Been to Crowne Plaza Atlanta Airport? Share your experiences!