“Excellent Hotel and Location”

Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Galleria
Ranked #58 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Cocoa Beach, United States
“Excellent Hotel and Location”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I've stayed at this Hampton multiple times for business. Very nice hotel at a superb location. Just minutes to great food (Greek, American, etc.) I highly recommend Mykonos Grill (next to a Tilted Quilt and across the street from Hooters) for your next meal. Outstanding food, huge portions at a very fair price. I stayed in a room with a king bed that was basically a suite. A large living room with a barn and stools set up. The only improvement for the stay was the AC unit could have worked better

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

SClaiborne, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Dean R.,

The large and spacious rooms with great selection of restaurant choices are great ammenities to have. I am glad that you enjoyed it during your visits to the area.

I will have maintenance and upper management work on the concern about the A/C. When you return to the area and stay at our property again, I am sure the experience will improve with the units.

I appreciate the response and we will work together here to repair the A/C unit and praise the team worthy of their efforts to make your stay "Excellent".

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Monroe, United States
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We had a great stay at this Hampton Inn. It was convenient to the Cobb Galleria Center which is where all our morning meeting were. The breakfast was good and there was shuttle service available if you needed it. The rooms were great - beds really comfortable. The lobby was attractive and had computers available for its guests with free internet in the rooms for guests. The only downfall was the fitness center. Although they had a treadmill, elliptical, bike, weights, etc. - it was hot & stuffy, the tv wouldn't come on for us, and the water fountain was unplugged.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Patricia B.,

Thank you for providing the review of our hotel to ensure us that it is convenient, clean and accommodating. You are a valued guest and we want to exceed your expectations.

I am very sorry about the experience of the fitness center. The air is currently working and has been repaired since your stay. We are currently working with a plumber to schedule the connection of the water cooler for more convenience to the guest. However, please stop by our front desk at any time with future stays, and the staff will be happy to assist you with a cold bottle of water.

If you are back in Atlanta, I am positive your stay will be an even greater experience.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel for the 4th of July holiday. It rained the entire time so we spent the majority of our time at the hotel. The lobby was comfortable for our family to play cards and chat. The pool was great for the kids. I'm so happy that we chose this hotel.

Dear Valued Guest,

I am happy that we were able to provide a rewarding experience for you during your stay here despite the rain in the area. I understand the need for a family friendly environment. Each member of our staff understands as well. We treat our own staff like family and feel it is of great importance that our guests have the same experience.

Thank you for letting us know how we are doing and we hope to see you again when traveling back to Atlanta.

Tupelo, Mississippi
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We enjoyed our stay here. The room was spacious, clean, and had everything we needed. The TV was a little confusing to use initially but we figured it out. We really enjoyed the free breakfast. The hotel is in a good location right off of the interstate. There are several restaurants and a mall in the area. The only complaint I have is that our room was right by the elevators so we heard the elevator motors late into the night and early in the mornings. I now know to ask for a room away from elevators!

Room Tip: Select a room away from the elevators!
1 Thank crissycurry
SClaiborne, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Crissy Curry,

Thank you for letting us know about your experience here at our property. The spacious rooms, cleanliness and location are a big plus for us and I am glad we were able to provide that for you.

However, I am truly apologetic with the elevator concern. I will be more than happy to speak with you regarding this matter and to hopefully be able to provide you a more comfortable stay during your next visit to Atlanta. You are welcome to contact me at your earliest convenience.

Resaca, United States
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed here for a weekend getaway. We were unsure of the location when booked but it wound up being a great one. We felt very safe & it was close to everything! Only problems we had were the fact that there was mold in the bathroom & the pool was extremely cold for an indoor pool. Other than that everything was up to the Hampton Inn standards.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

SClaiborne, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Marissa N.,

Thank you for letting us know the positive points of our hotel with location and security.

I am deeply apologetic for the concerns you have expressed throughout the review. Please feel free to contact me directly so I can get more detail in reference to this concern. I assure you that we take the cleanliness of our hotel seriously and the comfort of our guests.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Blandon, United States
Reviewed 8 July 2013

The hotel was average and if I had not spent the last 27 days staying at various hotels across the country, I might not have been as disappointed, but I had a lot of hotel experiences with which to compare. Dripping facet was not fixed after it was reported. Drain in sink was broken and had to be pried opened for the water to drain. Staff was the least friendly of all the hotels we had visited during our month of travels.

George R.,

I am sorry to hear that you had a disappointing stay here with us. It is not our goal to provide you with an uncomfortable and unpleasant stay. I have spoken with all team members to ensure timely repairs of any concerns from any guests, as well as to ensure they treat our valued guests with respect and courtesy.

I would love to speak with you personally about your concerns. Please contact me directly. I hope we have not lost your business and you are able to provide us with another opportunity to provide a better stay for you and your family.

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I was very please with the location of this hotel to the training class I needed to be in. There was no problem with hearing the highway that was on the back side of the hotel so I was not awakened during the night by noisy trucks. The only complaint that I had was that the carpet in my room felt slightly sticky and dirty. This was evident by my white socks after walking around in the room for a while. That's not to say that it applies to all rooms though. The breakfast was great. When I checked in there was only one clerk working at 10pm and he was not at the desk but there was a sign stating that he would be back in 10 min. I like that they have a book with menu's from local restaurants at the front desk. The street that the hotel is on has sidewalks on both sides of the street and this was good because I walk for exercise. There is a nice little park down the road from the hotel also to walk around. I would stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Dr. Rosenthal,

Your honesty from your feedback is greatly appreciated. I am happy that we were able to accommodate you with restaurants, menus, walking and a quiet stay.

I apologize for the carpet concern. I would love to speak with you directly to find out the room you were in to ensure the carpet is up to standards. We do clean our carpet frequently in the rooms. However, with the concern expressed, we may need a new product or approach. Please contact me directly at your convenience so I may check the room you specifically resided in during your stay in Atlanta.

I am happy to hear that we have not lost your loyalty to our property and promise we will do anything we can to treat you as the valuable guest you are.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria
Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Galleria Center
Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta
Hampton Inn Atlanta - Cumberland Mall / NW
Residence Inn Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Galleria? Share your experiences!