“Atlanta Stay”

Ranked #58 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
Knoxville, United States
“Atlanta Stay”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Our stay at the Atlanta Hampton Inn was Very Good. The room was clean and well maintained and the staff was well trained and check in was a breeze. The room was very quiet in fact we never heard another guest all the time we were there. The Location was near the Freeway and the convention center. Overall I would say our stay was between excellent and very good. I would stay there again when I am in Atlanta.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

SClaiborne, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Cheryl L,

Thank you for that feedback. We are very happy to know you had an excellent stay. Our staff has been trained to handle any requests and ensure you are provided the necessary information to make your stay enjoyable.

Please come back and visit as you stated and we definitely look forward to seeing you again here at our property.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Chesterfield, Virginia
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I'm a Hilton fan and I stay on Hilton properties all the time and always have a good experience, the main reason for this is that people at any Hilton property are well trained and very nice and welcoming. This stay was no different but there is only so much people can do to make you feel at home when the property is run down as this one is. I stayed in a suite (as I always do) and as soon as I got settle in I went to make some tea and discovered that the kitchen was dirty so I decided to run the dishes through the dishwasher but I discovered that it was broken and will not even open. I put that aside and went for popcorn instead but when I started the microwave oven it started to spark all over with a bad electric short-circuit. When I complained I find out that they knew about this problems and rented the room anyways and rented it to a diamond member of the Hilton club (the most loyal guests). The manager apologies and did not charge me for the first night and provided me with a gift card for my troubles, she also assured me that the room was fully cleaned but that the appliances will not be able to be fix until later on that week. She offer to change the room but that is very inconvenient for me due to the hours I keep when I'm working on the road. All this was bad but what it was worse was the cockroach infestation I discover the following night when I came back to my room. Big ugly roaches all over, I chase them but they run to the AC unit and disappear behind the walls, so I share my room with them for the rest of my stay. I complained to the manager in writing by e-mail and never got a response. I won't be coming back to this property until it gets renovated, the lobby and breakfast area of the first floor was fully renovated and it looks great but the rooms have not been and that is where I stay, not in the lobby. I asked if renovation where schedule and I was told no. The people did their best but the property is old, in disrepair and until is fully renovated it is clearly impossible for management to keep up with the necessary maintenance to make it livable. Sorry Hampton, I love you but I leave you.

Room Tip: Before you book a room here call ahead and find out if the rooms have been renovated, if they have g...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ed_Marquez
SClaiborne, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Ed Marquez,

I apologize for all of the concerns you expressed. We have compensated and was hoping to gain your loyalty. Please contact me directly to discuss these concerns further, as your loyalty to our property and brand is important to us.

Nashville, TN
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I have stayed at this property before for business, great location just off I-285W and near Six Flags for families. I checked in 9/2 Labor Day (US) and greeted by Marcus and quick check in. I was somewhat dismayed to find a bowl under the bathroom sink, noticed that it was leaking. I figured that it being a holiday weekend that the sink would be repair the next day, it was not. This is my only and first complait for this property and plan to book again, but not accept a leaking sink. I did fill out the questionaire and gave to the front desk clerk.

Room Tip: The higher floors has less noise even facing I-285W
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Cecil E.,

I first would like to express our sincere appreciation for you loyalty to our hotel and our brand. I sincerely apologize that you experienced the leaking sink during your stay, but appreciate you bringing it to our attention.

Please contact me directly to discuss this matter and give me a better opportunity to express my apology. I am available Monday through Friday, from 9AAM until 2PM.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Bluffton, United States
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Room was nice. Internet was good. Food was ok but lack of acknowledgement from staff. Front desk was indifferent in all of their actions. Parking lot too small. Would not stay here again if other options avaliable

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Daniel T,

I apologize for the concerns you have expressed about the front desk. It is good to know that we were able to accommodate you better in other areas of your stay. However, it is unlike our staff to have an uncaring attitude and I would love to get more feedback from you in reference to your concerns.

Please contact me at the property to discuss further.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 September 2013

The desk staff both day and night were very helpful with places to eat and directions to attractions better than my GPS one time. Got me there quicker than the GPS. Food good variety each day we were there a week so that was a nice treat. We were celebrating our wedding Anniversary so the suite worked out well for us.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

SClaiborne, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Galleria, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Dear Johnnie R.,

We enjoy treating our guests like family. We know that it is difficult being away from home and your own family. We do pride ourselves on being pleasant and informative to take the guess work away from you. We enjoy doing the work and getting you the information you need to have an enjoyable stay.

I hope you had an awesome Anniversary and that you receive many more.

Tampa, United States
Reviewed 30 August 2013

This is one of the nicest Hamptons. Little things that make a difference, like extra towels and extra product in the bath. Open, nice breakfast space. And the price is great for the area. Wonderful view from the higher floors. I always feel like I'm coming "home."

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Dear Sherron B.,

Anticipating the guest needs is part of our Hamptonality. Extra towels and other amenities are great when traveling, especially if there is more than one person in the room. To be able to provide you with that and you noticed, helps us know that we are exceeding expectations, especially yours.

Please continue to provide your feedback about our property with other travelers. Thank you and we want to see you again in Atlanta.

Belton, South Carolina
Reviewed 29 August 2013

On this business trip, I was a single business traveler attending meetings/workshops at Cobb Galleria. I just needed a close and comfortable room for two nights. I travel simply and didn't need any amenities.

PROS: Clean, convenient and ready for the business traveler. Free shuttle service to the Galleria. The dining area at this property has been upgraded to provide a large (12 seat or so) counter with high comfortable stools and space and outlets for electronics. Also extra outlets/USB charging port in the rooms, very nice.

CONS: Since I was a low-mainenance traveler, no major concerns, though one of the lamps in my room was not working.

The Hampton is set up for the business traveler and met my needs well; a comfortable stay at a very competitive price. The rooms have a bench/low table to hold your luggage and there is a desk to work at. The breakfast buffet (included) had a good variety and cookies at the front desk in the later afternoon were very nice. The staff was very helpful, and I plan to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear stilltravelin_11,

We are glad to hear that your stay at our hotel met all of your needs with the exception of the lamp. I would love for you to contact me directly at the hotel in reference to your room number so we can ensure to resolve this concern.

Hearing your feedback about your stay does help. With the feedback from you, the guest, we heard you and did implement the USB ports and additional outlets in the rooms, as well as the lobby.

Thank you and we definitely anticipate your return to the property to make it even better.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria
Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Galleria Center
Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Hampton Inn Atlanta - Cumberland Mall / NW
Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Galleria Ballpark Area

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Galleria? Share your experiences!