I recently stayed at the Homewood Suites while on business for a convention. I stayed here with three other friends, and we had a great time!
I loved the suites - they were very spacious. We had no problem fitting all four people, plus an elderly dog in a leg cast. ;) Plenty of sleeping space and two large closets for more than enough storage space. The beds/pillows were comfortable and the living room adequate space for bringing a couple of other friends back for socializing in the evening. The windows in the upper level rooms also could be opened to let in fresh air.
In the mornings the hotel offered a free hot breakfast. It's not just a waffle maker and some coffee in the lobby - although they did have both of those - they had a FULL breakfast. One morning was omelets, bacon, and grits; another morning was scrambled eggs, fried chicken breasts on biscuits and gravy; yet another morning was scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, french toast sticks, and oatmeal. In addition to these food items, there was a fair selection of yogurt, fruits, and bread products (English muffins, bagels, scones, toast). They even provided packets of Swiss Miss or tea and hot water if you're not a coffee person.
All of the staff members we encountered at this hotel were incredibly friendly and helpful. We didn't have a single problem the entire time we were there!
The individual complaining about "distance" from the hotel rooms to the breakfast area is making it seem a lot worse than it actually is - we stayed in the farthest corner from the lobby, and all we had to do was walk into the center of the cluster of buildings to a pretty little landscaped courtyard area, past the small pool, and into the lobby. There was not much walking at all. You want walking in order to get to your meal? Go to a Disney resort.
Overall great value for the rate. I paid no more than $140/night (a couple of the days were $110/night) and considering the fact that it's spread out over four people, AND includes free breakfast that will fill you up to get through your day, this hotel is more than worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the Homewood Suites by Hilton® Atlanta-Galleria/Cumberland hotel in the Cumberland/Galleria business district, near I-75 and I-285 access, as well as Dobbins Air Force Base. Choose to stay for a short or extended stay in a hotel that provides a wealth of amenities, including WiFi, a full kitchen, outdoor pool, fitness center, and more. Walk to Cumberland Mall and local restaurants, or use our shuttle for trips within a 5-mile radius of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria Hotel Atlanta
- Homewood Suites Galleria Cumberland
- Homewood Suites Atlanta
- Homewood Atlanta
- Atlanta Homewood Suites