“Beautiful facility, excellent customer service”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria
Ranked #88 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 16 December 2011

We recently took our adult kids to Atlanta to see "Cavalia". Because this was a Christmas present, we wanted it to be special. We chose the Homewood Suites because it is a Hilton property and because the suites added the extra plushness to the trip.

This gets five stars plus from us. The rooms were lovely -- clean, well-appointed, comfortable.

When we arrived, one of the reservations was for a two bed suite. When it turned out they did not have that available, the front desk representative, Raleisha, had already figured out an alternative plan and gave us a two-room suite for the same rate. She was friendly, professional, and prepared. Great service!

Breakfast was the usual mix of continental plus. Very satisfactory.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
KarenHomewood, Guest Relations Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review about your stay with us! It was our pleasure to make sure everything was perfect for you and your family. Thank you also for your nice words about our staff. We really feel truly blessed to have such a great group of loyal employees. We sincerely hope to welcome you and your family back into our home the next time you visit Atlanta.

Reviewed 16 December 2011

I had a short wonderful time until my baby arrive early in the A.M. I was suppose to stay two nights but she said no its time for me to come on out into the world. but enough of that my stay was great location ,restaurants and mall very close. I will be back to stay there again very soon . The staff was excellent on giving out ideas on where to go and shop.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
KarenHomewood, Guest Relations Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2011

Congratulations on your new arrival! What a wonderful holiday gift you received this year! Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay. I’m glad you enjoyed your short visit and hope we can welcome you and your family back in the near future. Take care and enjoy your baby girl.

Reviewed 30 November 2011

I chose this hotel based on the glowing reviews on trip advisor and my history with having great stays at different Homewood Suites around the country. I put in about 80+ nights a year at many different chains, but primarily Starwood, Marriott and Hilton. I checked in at 10:30pm and the staff was great, when I got to the room, it smelled slightly musty, but it wasn't horrible.

I was satisfied at first glance, they did a nice job decorating and trying to make it look good. Now comes the part that earned the poor review....

The ceiling/floor and walls are paper thin! I could hear every footstep in the room above, and what appeared to be normal volume of conversation carried through the floor into my room below. At 4am, it sounded as if a cattle farm was being herded in the room above me. On top of that, starting around 5am, a nearly constant "Tap", which I believe to be pipe noises occurred rendering any possibility of sleep useless during what can be described as Chinese water torture.

I realize that any hotel can have these issues, and keep in mind I am writing this in the heat of the moment, as I am sitting in room 257 typing this. My stay was booked for two more nights, but I will be leaving this morning as sleep is my primary goal at a hotel, and I can't see it being any better the next two nights.

If you decide on this hotel, make sure you pick a top floor, so you don't have people above you. I am shocked at the thinness of the floor, just walking around the bathroom, I can feel the thinness, and I'm sure the people below me hear my footsteps! Not expected in a hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback about your recent experience with us and your kind words about our staff. I am disappointed to see you were not pleased with your suite as we aim to exceed expectations. We take your comments seriously and your feedback regarding the noise disturbance in your suite has been shared with our management team. Our Assistant General Manager will be happy to speak with you if you would like to discuss this further. I again apologize for your less than satisfactory stay and hope you will allow us to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 21 October 2011

We stayed one week at this facility. The housekeeping staff did a great job on our accomendations. Breakfast was served every morning and dinner served every Monday through Thursday. This is a convienent location to travel around the Atlanta area. I have a daughter that goes to Southern Poly Tech and a daughter that lives in Tucker. This location made it convienent to go to both places. There are alot of great restaurants and shopping convienent to this location. I recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: Request a two bedroom if you have additional guests. There are pull out couches for the one bedrooms...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
KarenHomewood, Guest Relations Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2011

Thank you so much for leaving us such a positive TripAdvisor review! We take pride in the service we provide to our guests, so I am happy to see everything was great during your stay. We definitely have a perfect location with plenty to do in the immediate area and downtown Atlanta is only a short 10 minute drive away.
It was our pleasure to welcome you into our home and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 17 October 2011

I have stayed here several times, through the years and just last night.I have never been disappointed , the rooms are spacious, clean. The staff is friendly and helpful. The breakfast is great ! You can take your luggage right to your room , with your car parked right outside your room, no having to go through the front entrance. It's very quiet, nice landscaping and lots of trees. The few times I had problems or needed something the staff was quick to accommodate .
Also, they do have a small fitness center but you have access to a health club across the street for free. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, when I'm in Atlanta this is where I stay . There is Cumberland mall for shopping, several places to eat.. Cheesecake factory, Pf changs, a movie theatre across the street. Kroger grocery just down the street, even a Walmart a few miles to your left out of the parking lot. Value for the $$ , especially on the weekend is great.

Room Tip: Request a lower floor, especially if you have a lot of luggage.( only steps) buildings B & C hav...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
KarenHomewood, Guest Relations Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2011

Thank you for leaving such a great review about your stay! It was definitely our pleasure to welcome you into our home and I'm so happy to see you enjoyed your experience with us. I love that you titled your review "Home Away from Home" as that is what we aim to be to our guests! Thank you also for the kind words about our staff. We are blessed to have a great group of employees in our Homewood family.
For your room tips; I wanted to mention that while the majority of our suites have exterior walk-up entrances, we do have one 3-floor building (Building E) that has an elevator and interior entrances off a central hallway.
Again thank you for such a complimentary review and for being a loyal Homewood guest. We look forward to welcoming you back and exceeding your expectations once again when you return!

Reviewed 15 October 2011

For some reason I didn't write a review last year at this property, so will combine the two experiences. The physical plant is the original- pre Hilton design for Homewood suites. Over sized living rooms and bedrooms with full bathrooms. Treat yourself to this if you have stayed in the new concept redesign that feels like an expanded Hilton Garden Inn. Mind you I like the Garden Inn, but to see how the brand started vs what it is now is very sad. It's still ok but the uniqueness of the vision has been all but watered down. So this property is a gem for the business traveler. Breakfast and dinner receptions are fine but to have a kitchen and full size fridge is a treat. Wired internet worked for the Laptop could see issue with Smart phones and the need for wifi. If in Atalanta again will be back!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
KarenHomewood, Guest Relations Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2011

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your recent stay with us! I am happy to see you enjoyed your visit.
We are considered a first generation Homewood Suites so many of our guests enjoy our location because it feels more like an apartment than a typical hotel. We have the original layout but went through a full interior renovation 2 years ago.
I understand having wireless internet is important while traveling and wanted to let you know we plan on adding this feature in all suites by the end of the year. We are continuously striving to improve what we offer so our guests are extremely satisfied with each Homewood Suites Cumberland experience.
Thank you again for the great review and feedback! We hope to welcome you back into our home in the near future.

Reviewed 6 October 2011

I recently stayed at the Homewood Suites while on business for a convention. I stayed here with three other friends, and we had a great time!

I loved the suites - they were very spacious. We had no problem fitting all four people, plus an elderly dog in a leg cast. ;) Plenty of sleeping space and two large closets for more than enough storage space. The beds/pillows were comfortable and the living room adequate space for bringing a couple of other friends back for socializing in the evening. The windows in the upper level rooms also could be opened to let in fresh air.

In the mornings the hotel offered a free hot breakfast. It's not just a waffle maker and some coffee in the lobby - although they did have both of those - they had a FULL breakfast. One morning was omelets, bacon, and grits; another morning was scrambled eggs, fried chicken breasts on biscuits and gravy; yet another morning was scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, french toast sticks, and oatmeal. In addition to these food items, there was a fair selection of yogurt, fruits, and bread products (English muffins, bagels, scones, toast). They even provided packets of Swiss Miss or tea and hot water if you're not a coffee person.

All of the staff members we encountered at this hotel were incredibly friendly and helpful. We didn't have a single problem the entire time we were there!

The individual complaining about "distance" from the hotel rooms to the breakfast area is making it seem a lot worse than it actually is - we stayed in the farthest corner from the lobby, and all we had to do was walk into the center of the cluster of buildings to a pretty little landscaped courtyard area, past the small pool, and into the lobby. There was not much walking at all. You want walking in order to get to your meal? Go to a Disney resort.

Overall great value for the rate. I paid no more than $140/night (a couple of the days were $110/night) and considering the fact that it's spread out over four people, AND includes free breakfast that will fill you up to get through your day, this hotel is more than worth it.

Room Tip: Upstairs room seemed great!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for leaving such a fantastic TripAdvisor review! We pride ourselves on our service and accommodations, so I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay! Did you know that in addition to our complimentary Suite Start Breakfast every morning, we offer a full Welcome Home Reception dinner - including beer and wine - every Monday through Thursday?
I am happy to see we were the perfect choice for you and your friends (including the furry one!) and look forward to welcoming you back into our home next time you visit Atlanta.