“Overall good experience!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #90 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Overall good experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at this Homewood Suites and appreciated the service & breakfast. The rooms could have a different layout and the beds could have been more comfortable, but this hotel was in a nice location, close to shopping and restaurants. Getting to downtown ATL was not too far either. Overall, it was a good experience & we plan to use this chain again.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Rebecca H, Sales Coordinator at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
Dear Fishersfamilyof4,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with our TripAdvisor community. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location convient for all of your needs! I do apologize about any of the inconviences you expereienced while at our hotel. In regards to your room layout, you should know that we do have different types of rooms with different layout options. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel the next time you are in Atlanta!

Best Regards,

Rebecca Hamby

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2013

I've been a Hilton Diamond member since 2004. I've stayed in a variety of Hilton properties around the world and this one is not my favorite. I usually stay at a Garden Inn about a mile north, but I thought I would try the mall area for a change of scenery. This hotel appears to be a converted apartment complex. That means dimly lit parking area, outside entry doors. It sits in an office/retail complex off a major road and doesn't have any access control..not the best for safety.

With the temperature being around freezing, I didn't really feel like walking across the property to visit the apartment manager's officer, errr "Lodge" building for breakfast or to get a snack. It was easier and quicker to get in my car and drive somewhere.

My room was a fairly standard Homewood Suites room. Living/kitchen area in one room, bedroom and bathroom. The lighting in the living/kitchen area was terrible. I turned on all the lights and still could hardly see anything. The TV in the bedroom had a fuzzy picture even after I tightened all the connections. The worst part was the air conditioner/furnace was not only loud, but vibrated the whole room. I could feel the bed vibrating when the a/c kicked on. After I got used to the vibration I fell asleep only to be awakened at 3am by a loud squeal and hiss from the unit. Not sure what that was, but it eventually went away.

There is absolutely zero insulation or soundproofing between floors. When the a/c wasn't running I could EVERYTHING that my upstairs neighbors did. Walking, talking, bathroom usage. Fun stuff.

With the number of hotels in the area, you can do a lot better. If you spend another $10-$20/night, it will be worth it.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank PilotMikeTx
Rebecca H, Sales Coordinator at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this review, 6 March 2013
Dear PiltonMike Tx,
I would first like to thank you for not only your honest feedback but also your loyalty to Hilton. I apologize that your recent stay with us did not meet your expectations. Our property is a Generation One Homewood Suites which means we do have both apartment style buildings and an interior building which is key-controlled accessed. Typically our extended stay guests enjoy the exterior access as it gives them a true homey feeling. We do sit off a main road and are surrounded by mostly office buildings, which allows for the convenience of accessibility to restaurants and shopping as well as more privacy and quietness for our guests. I apologize that you feel our parking lot is dimly lit, we have never had any safety or security issues at our hotel. If an incident occurred while you were staying with us, we would like to be made aware of it as safety and security is our top priority.

Additionally, I’m sorry you had issues with your AC unit and TV. I assure you we were not aware of any issues before you checked in. It is our goal to make every guest at our hotel feel at home and anything less is unacceptable. If you have a moment I would like to speak to you about the condition of your room to ensure our future guests do not have similar issues. You can email me at Rebecca.Hamby@hilton.com or call me at 770-988-9449 ext 519.

I would like to thank you again for taking the time to give us your feed back and I apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory. Please allow us the opportunity to redeem our self next time you are in the Atlanta Galleria Cumberland area!

Rebecca Hamby
Ada, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

This was an interesting property - Old school outside terrace type stairs leading to room (is there an elevator??) - rooms felt like they were updated about 10-15 years ago - old/mold/pet/smoke smell in rooms - Bedroom felt crowded with the two beds - felt more like a halfway house than a hotel.

Upshot? There was a wood burning fireplace in the room, ready to go - just get matches from the front desk -

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Lindsey M, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this review, 6 February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write an honest review about your recent stay with us! We would like to express our deepest regrets that you found our accommodations less than satisfactory here at the Homewood Suites. Our property is a Generation One Homewood Suites, which means we have both apartment style exterior buildings as well as a 3 floor interior building. Many of our guests do prefer the convenience of our exterior rooms but do have a choice to stay in the interior building , which does have an elevator for guests who prefer this feature. I am sorry that you felt our rooms were outdated, but please note that we received a full renovation in 2008, and everything from ceiling to floor was updated. In regards to the odor in the room, I have made my Housekeeping Manager aware of your feedback so we can ensure another guest does not experience the same . We hope that you allow us another chance to welcome you back to our hotel if your travel brings you back to the Atlanta area!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2013

Great place to stay for a week of home renovations. Entire family including indoor cats all in a small condo like suite. fantastic hot breakfast and fantastic planned menus for dinner each night during the week including complimentary beer/wine. The entire staff gave exceptional customer service! Highly recommend

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lindsey M, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this review, 4 February 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review and providing us with feedback on your recent stay with us. We are thrilled you had such a great stay and found our staff to be friendly and helpful. I am also happy that you took full advantage of our complimentary breakfast and dinner which can definitely be beneficial when you’re busy with work and home renovations. Thank you again for staying with us and sharing your great experience with our TripAdvisor community! We look forward to being your home away from home if you ever need one in the future!

Raleigh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2013

Very good value for the money, with a full breakfast and a manager's reception which you could easily have for dinner, plus a full kitchen in the suite-like rooms. However, the hallways could use a good vacuuming and some things seemed out of date and not kept up (TV remotes didn't work, channel guides incorrect, TV on elliptical machine in fitness center does not work). Slightly noisy, but no night owls.

Centrally located near the Cumberland Mall area.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MarkSJ
Lindsey M, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this review, 23 January 2013
Thank you for choosing to be our guest during your recent visit to Atlanta! We appreciate your time and comments about your stay with us! I am happy to hear that you feel like our hotel was well worth your money. It is very important to us that our guests leave our hotel happy so I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our breakfast, social hour, and spacious suite. I want you to know that we take your comments very seriously and I have shared your remarks with the management staff. Please know that the elliptical has been fixed and the new TV channel lineup is now in all guest suites, as we just converted over to HDTV. I am confident that you will not experience these issues during your next visit and that you will be 100% satisfied with your stay! Thank you again for your time and we hope you come back to see us very soon.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2013

If you're planning to stay here during weekdays, I really recommend this place. Our stay here from Mon - Thurs came with breakfast, dinner with wine and beer. A lot of business people and families stay here. The gift shop is right by the front desk, and there are tea/coffee available all the time at the lounge. No washer/dryer in the unit but there is a coin operated machine at the registration building. The room was tired but we loved this condo-like unit which made us feel safe and comfortable, especially when the staff were very warm, helpful and friendly. Traveling with dogs? No problem - this hotel is a pet friendly one. Free parking and internet. Overall, this hotel was more that what I expected, definitely recommended!

Room Tip: Closer to the the front desk building would have easy access to breakfast, dinner, laundry, and gift...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank IssayDS
Lindsey M, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this review, 21 January 2013
We are very happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us during your recent visit to Atlanta! I am thrilled that you were pleased with your suite and that we were able to make you feel at home with not only our service but our breakfast, dinner, free wifi, and coffee bar. We always strive to leave everyone with a positive and lasting impression, so I am delighted to learn that we were able to do that. Once again, thank you for your time and we look forward to seeing you the next time you’re in Atlanta!

Northport, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2013

I Was in town for my anniversary and decided to spend one night at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta-Cumberland/Galleria. Arrived a little early for check-in but that was not a problem. Staff was very friendly and accommodating and check-in was a breeze. The only problem encountered was upon check-out I had pre-paid for the room online and the receptionist did not notice this and swiped my credit card. Therefore I was charged twice for the room, I recommend that when paying in advance make sure before you leave that your credit card is not charged twice. Other than that I had a wonderful stay and would gladly stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karla H
Lindsey M, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this review, 18 January 2013
Thank you for sharing your great experience with our TripAdvisor family! We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We always try to accommodate every guest that walks through our doors so I am happy to hear that we were able to check you in early. I apologize about the double charge upon checkout. I spoke with my Guest Service Manager about the issue and she informed me she actually spoke to you on the phone and was able to delete the charge immediately. So I am glad she was able to resolve this issue effectively. In addition, she has created a new guideline for our Guest Service Agents to ensure that a mistake like this does not happen in the future. I apologize again for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again!