Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria
Ranked #89 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Jacksonville, Florida
“Nice Stay”
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Stayed at Homewood in Atlanta for business. Excellent breakfast, they used real whole eggs and not powdered eggs like other hotels. Dinner consisted of salmon with salad and the quality was excellent. Undoubtedly the best hotel I ever stayed for business. Convenient to the Galleria Shopping Mall.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Rebecca H, Sales Coordinator at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this review, 27 March 2013
Dear Alan F,

Thank you for sharing your feedback in regards to your recent stay with us during your business travels! I am thrilled that you had such a wonderful experience. Here at the Homewood Suites Atlanta Cumberland, we want all of our guests to feel at home. Part of maintaining our home like atmosphere is being able to provide our guest with home style meals. I am overjoyed that you thought both our breakfast and dinner were delicious. Thank you again for sharing your experience with our TripAdvisor family. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Rebecca Hamby

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 23 March 2013

We travel to Atlanta fairly regularly and have had very bad experiences at the Hampton Inn at Northlake. Even though this is closer to our destination than the Galleria area, we chose to drive farther to get more helpful, courteous service. Although it is 15 minutes further to drive, it is well worth the difference for the service. I can't think of anything that can destroy a trip more than an unpleasant atmosphere caused by poor service. Both the Galleria Hampton Inn and Galleria Homewood Suites provide great service, comfortable and clean rooms and an overall pleasant atmosphere.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Grateful155019
Rebecca H, Sales Coordinator at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
Dear Grateful155019,

It was our pleasure to welcome you into our home while you were in Atlanta! We appreciate you taking the time to share your wonderful experience with our Trip Advisor community. Our goal is for all of our guests to leave our property feeling extremely satisfied and I am happy to hear that you were pleased with our staff and the service we provided you. Thank you again for the review. We can't wait to welcome you back to our hotel the next time you are in Atlanta!

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 22 March 2013

I always stay at Homewood's, this one kind of let me down though. I didn't get the room I prepaid for, the front office suggested I check back the next morning to see if one was available. I didn't bother, who wants to reload luggage and move from one room to another. The room I had was alot smaller than what my family (me, hubby and two kids) needed.
I was dissappointed by the small variety in the breakfast buffet. The others I'd been to had a large variety of foods. I did eat a breakfast, so I won't complain.
Overall, not a bad stay, these were the issues that stuck out with me.

Room Tip: The one bedroom suites without the fireplaces are very small. The kitchen and living area are just...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Dear Chelle R,

Thank you for your loyalty to Hilton and for choosing to be our guest during your recent visit to Atlanta! The Homewood Suites Atlanta-Cumberland/Galleria would like to express our deepest regrets that your stay did not reflect the high level of service that we strive to offer each of our guests. I can understand how not being able to receive the room type you booked can be frustrating, and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience for you and your family. Additionally, I apologize our breakfast was less than satisfactory as it is always our goal to exceed our guests expectations. If you have the time I would love to speak with you about your stay in hopes to reconcile and be given a second chance to exceed your expectations the next time you’re in Atlanta! You can reach me at 770.988.9449 ext 519. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with our TripAdvisor family!

Best Wishes,
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Unlike other reviews I've read here, I enjoyed my room (Building E) and proximity to the main lobby. The room was clean and features like the full-size refrigerator, toaster, and microwave, makes a full week business stay feel like home if you are tired of eating out. The usual hotel breakfast is offered in the mornings with your stay but they also serve Dinner here. This was a nice perk (and don't assume it is going to be gourmet but was pretty good). Tornado sirens were going off with torrential rain coming down so our consultant team decided to stay in and enjoyed a dinner of chicken cordon bleu with green beans and rice along with the wine/beer offerings. Homewood Suites prints a menu of their dinner offerings from Monday through Friday and posts it on your refrigerator so you can decide if this is going to be a night in or out. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Building E was the most convenient building to the lobby
Dear Kandie I,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are delighted to hear you loved our accommodations during your business trip here to Atlanta. It’s great that you took full advantage of the amenities in your spacious suite and were able to make dinner at home instead of going out . We are also thrilled that you were able to enjoy our Welcome Home Reception dinner with your colleges. It’s always nice to be able to relax and unwind with friends in the evening. Thank you again for the amazing review and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you’re in the Cumberland/ Galleria area of Atlanta!

Hoover, Alabama, United States
Reviewed 19 March 2013

I truly enjoyed the clean and comfortable accomodations of the Homewood Suites. I am already planning my next trip and have booked again in this hotel! I LOVE IT!!!! I highly recommend it, worth every penny.

Room Tip: I enjoyed the room with the fireplace it adds a good homey feel.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Rebecca H, Sales Coordinator at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this review, 20 March 2013
Dear theKingskyd,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for the great review! It brings me joy to hear that your accommodations were exemplary during your stay, as we strive to make every guest here feel like they are at their home away from home. Thank you again for sharing your great experience with our TripAdvisor family! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Clayton, Georgia
Reviewed 18 March 2013

During our stay at Home wood Suites we had some challenges. The guest above us were very noisy during the wee hours of the night. The room smelled like pet urine and you could tell that an animal had been in the room. My daughters allergies flaring up was a red flag for us. Rooms were very outdated and the furniture need to cleaned.

Room Tip: request a room on the top level
Dear TeamMomVolley,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Here at the Homewood Suites Cumberland we strive to exceed all expectations of our guests and anything less is unacceptable. I sincerely apologize that you left our hotel feeling unsatisfied with your stay.

We want you to know that upon your report to our Guest Service Manager, after your checkout, the room you occupied during your stay was thoroughly cleaned and inspected by our executive housekeeper to ensure that future guests do not have the same issues. Had we been made aware of your daughter’s allergies during your stay, we would have done everything in our power to accommodate your needs. In addition, we do have a “No Party Policy” and had we been informed of the noise we would have immediately taken action, as guest satisfaction is our priority.

Thank you again for your honest feedback. In addition to the 100% we offered you, to ensure you did not have to pay for a stay that was less than satisfactory, I would like to invite you back to our hotel to give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 14 March 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at this Homewood Suites and appreciated the service & breakfast. The rooms could have a different layout and the beds could have been more comfortable, but this hotel was in a nice location, close to shopping and restaurants. Getting to downtown ATL was not too far either. Overall, it was a good experience & we plan to use this chain again.

• Stayed March 2013
Rebecca H, Sales Coordinator at Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
Dear Fishersfamilyof4,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with our TripAdvisor community. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location convient for all of your needs! I do apologize about any of the inconviences you expereienced while at our hotel. In regards to your room layout, you should know that we do have different types of rooms with different layout options. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel the next time you are in Atlanta!

Best Regards,

Rebecca Hamby
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria
HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Courtyard Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Galleria
Hampton Inn Atlanta - Cumberland Mall / NW
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Cumberland / Galleria? Share your experiences!